• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ezra's Poinless Thread

@Pechie if you ever only watch one original Star Trek episode, I highly recommend The City on the Edge of Forever which about time travel and altering the future. I believe it is considered to the best ST episode ever made.

This...I'm in a state of euphoria right now and am struggling to hold back tears of joy. This kind of content is once in a century - no, once in a lifetime. Dare I say it, Nobel Prize material right here.

Your discoveries in time travel and unrivaled talent in home decor will no doubt help mankind progress into the 22nd century. Truly, I thank you for giving us all the opportunity to witness your great achievements.

I will take that literally, since I am autistic and therefore unable to detect sarcasm.

Also, I forgot what I was going to say next. I lost my script so give me a minute...

Wait... what?

I highly recommend The City on the Edge of Forever

Watching that clip reminded me of the riddles the Vorlons spoke in Babylon 5.

Next time I take the time to watch something, I'll do just that. Inner trek honor kind of thing. :)

Pointless thread, so I went with a pointless response. Or tried to. I forgot the point of this thread.

No monetary gain you said? Go on, name it. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

(in all due seriousness and not pointlessness or sarcasm though, if that's a story idea of yours then go for it. I'd be interested to see how it turns out :))

Watching that clip reminded me of the riddles the Vorlons spoke in Babylon 5.

Next time I take the time to watch something, I'll do just that. Inner trek honor kind of thing. :)

Bester the Psi Corps officer was played by an original ST cast member.

Last edited:
Pointless thread, so I went with a pointless response. Or tried to. I forgot the point of this thread.

No monetary gain you said? Go on, name it. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

(in all due seriousness and not pointlessness or sarcasm though, if that's a story idea of yours then go for it. I'd be interested to see how it turns out :))

I actually came up with my original post on the spur of the moment because I wanted to write something quirky. Then I realized that it seemed like a good premise for a story.

In the past month I've read books with a couple of the premises
mentioned in this thread. One was the idea that an individual's death
date was known to the individual, so they had funeral parties and
attended their own funeral while alive.

Also, yeah, that's a nice living space you set up there. That lava on the floor screams video game logic.

What game is that from exactly?

In the past month I've read books with a couple of the premises
mentioned in this thread. One was the idea that an individual's death
date was known to the individual, so they had funeral parties and
attended their own funeral while alive.

I realized If I were able to read future news articles and such, I would be able to track down my obituary. If I wrote about being able to look into the future that way, the main character would probably refrain from looking it up, but it would always be nagging at him.

Also, yeah, that's a nice living space you set up there. That lava on the floor screams video game logic.

What game is that from exactly?

Lord of the Rings Online. One of the housing decorations you can get in Mordor.

m4Vf8hS.png

Funny video

Last edited:
Hanging out by the river on the first truly warm summer day. Was watching a boat zooming down the river making a cool rooster-tail and then it stopped. I thought oh man why did they stop? Then I heard the engine turining over and thought oh man they stalled out. That's what you get for trying to have fun. A few minutes later a police boat showd up and started towing them back to wherever they launched from.

I came across identical twins who weren't born in the same month. True story.

And that reminds me of an interesting factoid. Since my mom and aunt are identical twins, genetically my cousin and I are half-brothers.

I came across identical twins who weren't born in the same month.

It was a night like no other, thunder filled the skies with such veracity that I felt like it was trying to tell me something. We arrived at the hospital that fateful Dec 31st night not knowing it would make us famous. I of course couldn't see what was going on, but I could tell when we finally stopped moving. My brother, he can't wait to get out of here. His head turned upside down, as if he even knew where he was going! The walls, they keep contracting, like being covered with heavy blankets. I sure like it in here! The next thing I knew, my brother was off on some new adventure. Left me...alone! But then I felt a sense of peace. I could feel the warmth left behind. Soo much so that my mind immediately thought "ohh warm spot". It was then that I moved down to the space my brother was in. Sure it MIGHT be the same temperature as my nook, but it just felt better over here. I can finally stretch out! I think I might take another nap here.

After a while the walls kept squeezing on me. I already miss my brother, where did he go anyways?

I'm not sure exactly what happened next, but when I came out, it was a completely different month and a completely different year!

And that reminds me of an interesting factoid. Since my mom and aunt are identical twins, genetically my cousin and I are half-brothers.

That is fascinating! If you just happened to share the same father, would you call yourselves brothers or half-full-brothers? But at least if you need a new kidney, you have more family choices available. :)

It was a night like no other, thunder filled the skies with such veracity that I felt like it was trying to tell me something. We arrived at the hospital that fateful Dec 31st night not knowing it would make us famous. I of course couldn't see what was going on, but I could tell when we finally stopped moving. My brother, he can't wait to get out of here. His head turned upside down, as if he even knew where he was going! The walls, they keep contracting, like being covered with heavy blankets. I sure like it in here! The next thing I knew, my brother was off on some new adventure. Left me...alone! But then I felt a sense of peace. I could feel the warmth left behind. Soo much so that my mind immediately thought "ohh warm spot". It was then that I moved down to the space my brother was in. Sure it MIGHT be the same temperature as my nook, but it just felt better over here. I can finally stretch out! I think I might take another nap here.

After a while the walls kept squeezing on me. I already miss my brother, where did he go anyways?

I'm not sure exactly what happened next, but when I came out, it was a completely different month and a completely different year!

That's even more extensive. I bet that's happened a number of times throughout the course of history. But I was a bit confused at first when I was told they were a "month apart".

That is fascinating! If you just happened to share the same father, would you call yourselves brothers or half-full-brothers? But at least if you need a new kidney, you have more family choices available. :)

Yeah I was looking up random interesting facts and came across that one day. Idk, maybe 3/4 brothers? Funny I was going to say something about having a kidney donor. We are both only children, but since our moms are basically inseparable we were practically raised together. And we are only four months apart in age, so I think of him as being like a fraternal twin. We don't resemble each other all that much. And he's totally NT.

"This is highly irregular."

"No, highly irregular is the time I found a human foot in a toaster oven. This is just odd." - Lorne Malvo. One of my all time favorite villains.

Last edited:
Yeah I was looking up random interesting facts and came across that one day. Idk, maybe 3/4 brothers? Funny I was going to say something about having a kidney donor. We are both only children, but since our moms are basically inseparable we were practically raised together. And we are only four months apart in age, so I think of him as being like a fraternal twin. We don't resemble each other all that much. And he's totally NT.

Interesting! So do you have traits you would consider being related to being an only child, and some traits attributed to having a sibling?

But just the fact that they are twins, and they both had ONE child at pretty much the same time. Are they similar enough that you or your cousin has mistaken each other's mom at various points?

Interesting! So do you have traits you would consider being related to being an only child, and some traits attributed to having a sibling?

But just the fact that they are twins, and they both had ONE child at pretty much the same time. Are they similar enough that you or your cousin has mistaken each other's mom at various points?

We are siblings in every way except technically. We are best buddies but there is also sibling type rivalry. Not competitively, but we get into spats.

Maybe when we were too little to remember. I remember when we were like around 4 or 5 Liam once yelling at my mom saying "you're not my mother!" lol. As in you don't have the same authority. But like some twins they have always dressed somewhat differently and have had somewhat different hair styles. And their personalities are somewhat different. But as far as parenting went they worked as team and were usually on the same page. They were good at saying "no!" simultaneously.

And now it's time for me to talk about my criminal past.

I live on a peninsula that plateaus in the middle. So most beach access involves going downhill.

There's a park up high that looks over the sea. And there are some trails off to one side that go through the woods down to the shore.

But this little beach area at the bottom of the park doesn't have a railroad crossing. So if you cross the tracks to get to shore you are tresspassing and can get ticketed by the railroad police if caught.

So on one of our Tom and Huck adventures, my cousin and I crossed the tracks to the forbidden beach. From the tracks to the beach also involved climbing down.

When we were climbing back up to leave, a railroad patrol officer was there and spotted us!

So we went back down to the beach which was out of their jurisdiction. The tide was low so we decided to make our way to an adjacent beach. But as we started getting closer, we saw a railroad police SUV waiting for us. We were pinned in!

So we hid behind the rocks between the tracks and shore peaking to keep an eye on the first SUV that spotted us. And we waited. It was October and getting rapidly dark and cold. And the tide was coming in!

Finally after about an hour the railroad cop gave up and drove away down the service road. And we ran like hell over the tracks and into the woods like fugitives.

New Threads

Top Bottom