• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ezra's Poinless Thread

Ezra

Relax, it's just chaos.
I am a time traveler. An internet time traveler. I have access to special equipment that allows me to view what takes place on the internet in the future. For instance I can look at news articles from 11 August 2025, 2035, 2055 and so on. Anything that is and will be accessible from the internet.

The provision of using this technology is that I can not use it for monetary gain. I can not say anything about future events that might disrupt the course of history.

I am allowed to write about it however because no one will believe me.

I'm now curious about the story idea. Will the news be similar in the future? Will it be inundated by elderly Kardashians or will they become 'influencer' world leaders? Will instagram 'pics' and tic tok films be the order of the day? A life lived and shown and voted on by the public. Will media have such a stranglehold on the populace that it becomes a political party and then a government? Will mega corporations control it all? Maybe, only time will tell.

Last edited:
I'm now curious about the story idea. Will the news be similar in the future? Will it be inundated by elderly Kardashians or will they become 'influencer' world leaders? Will instagram 'pics' and tic tok films be the order of the day? A life lived and shown and voted on by the public. Will media have such a stranglehold on the populace that it becomes a political party and then a goverment? Will mega corporations control it all? Maybe, only time will tell.

One thought that occurred to me is that if I had such a device, I could read my obituary.

Strikes me as a valid seed for a story.

It is not pointless in the least - - what's the news today (in the future)?

That's just an opener I decided to use. This is basically a thread where I will talk about my ideas and experiences and share things, but it is also intended as a conversation thread as well. Where others learn more about me, I learn more about them, and perhaps they learn more about each other.

Last edited:
One of my houses I have spent many hours putting together. Basically a sorcerer's library. Maybe there is a future for me as an interior decorator if being a writer doesn't work out. Momma always said, always have a fallback plan.

Nk2IoOB.png

8kPfS5s.png

oXyonL0.png

ySG3tdn.png

Last edited:
Interesting. But I was curious why you can't use it, for gain or to try and prevent something? Is that a self imposed rule or is there some time traveling watchdog organization?

Interesting. But I was curious why you can't use it, for gain or to try and prevent something? Is that a self imposed rule or is there some time traveling watchdog organization?

Maybe it just one of those weird catches. For example: If you find a genie and he grants you 3 wishes. One of the thing he may tell you is you can't wish for more wishes.

If you live in the now, but have access to content of the future, does the special equipment let you translate it to language current technology (like browser) can understand? HTML10 -> HTML5? ;)

By 2055, I certainly hope our primary way of interacting with net content is not via a 2D browser.

Just knowing that the internet still exists in 2055 is comforting. And that the media at least exists is also a sign in the right direction. Is there a year after which there is nothing?

Money is still a thing in the future? Bummer.

It's something you have to agree to in order to be allowed to use the device. Those in charge of the device can tell if you will abide to the agreement because they can see into the future.

Maybe it just one of those weird catches. For example: If you find a genie and he grants you 3 wishes. One of the thing he may tell you is you can't wish for more wishes.

It's mainly to prevent someone from disrupting of the future.

Last edited:
If you live in the now, but have access to content of the future, does the special equipment let you translate it to language current technology (like browser) can understand? HTML10 -> HTML5? ;)

By 2055, I certainly hope our primary way of interacting with net content is not via a 2D browser.

Just knowing that the internet still exists in 2055 is comforting. And that the media at least exists is also a sign in the right direction. Is there a year after which there is nothing?

Money is still a thing in the future? Bummer.

Good questions. They pose a definite problem to the premise.

Think l would be interested if the news shown was used to manipulate you and society. Wait, just like current news, l mean fake news.

New Threads

Top Bottom