• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everyone, Name an anime that you watched...

I guess since people are actually naming more than one series they've seen, I've also seen magical girl anime like Precure (all of them), Sailor Moon, and Cutie Honey. Also Ojamajo Doremi and Creamy Mami, but I haven't finished those yet. (Magical girls are probably one of my favorite genre, except I don't like stuff like Madoka Magica - mostly because of the fanbase)

I've also seen Super Dimension Fortress Macross but I really should rewatch it because I saw it when I was like...11 years old and haven't rewatched it since. I feel if I rewatch it, I should watch the dub considering the uniqueness regarding one of the voice actresses but also one of the other main voice actors is...not a good person at all (and I should note the voice actress I mentioned was also harassed and stalked by this person to the point where she had to move to a different hotel room while attending a convention and have her new room booked under an alias so he wouldn't know where she was now staying, she was given extra security, and the actual appearances at the convention were scheduled so neither would encounter each other, at the voice actress's request)

Quite a lot of anime I've watched, actually. Although nowadays I very much have the genres and franchises I like more than anything else.

Honostly. Only the basics. DBZ, DB, Naruto (and part of shippuden) and bleach. Maybe a couple episodes here and there from others animes. But these are the only ones I really watched.

I guess since people are actually naming more than one series they've seen, I've also seen magical girl anime like Precure (all of them), Sailor Moon, and Cutie Honey. Also Ojamajo Doremi and Creamy Mami, but I haven't finished those yet. (Magical girls are probably one of my favorite genre, except I don't like stuff like Madoka Magica - mostly because of the fanbase)
Yeah, I tried watching Creamy Mami but I couldn't get into that one. I was somewhat interested at first as I really have a big interest in almost anything involving aliens and the girl in the show gets her powers as a thank you for helping one.
However, it wasn't my cup of tea:

Outside of Cardcaptors, one "Magical Girl" anime series I have watched (or watched as much as possible as it hasn't been entirely subbed) is Esper Mami - which was one of the "Proto"-Magical Girl shows but also had a lot of stuff that you wouldn't get away with showing nowadays:

I just finished watching Urotsukidoji - Legend of the Overfiend. It is a hentai anime OVA series edited into a feature film format with all of the money shots cut out. The first anime ever to be rated NC-17 in the USA. It has a grandiosity to its symphony of sex and violence that I find easy to appreciate. I hated all of the sequels.

Celestial Method
A girl named Nonoka returns to Lake Kiriya City with her father - a place they used to live before the passing of her mother. However, the city now has a Saucer floating above it and she finds herself slowly remembering and re-connecting with each of her old friends; all of whom have their own issues to resolve.
Helping her in this endeavour is Noel; a cheery, blue-haired girl who Nonoka met on the day she left Lake Kiriya City and who has been waiting for her return, as she has her own link to Nonoka and her friends and a desire to grant their wishes.

Celestial Method
A girl named Nonoka returns to Lake Kiriya City with her father - a place they used to live before the passing of her mother. However, the city now has a Saucer floating above it and she finds herself slowly remembering and re-connecting with each of her old friends; all of whom have their own issues to resolve.
Helping her in this endeavour is Noel; a cheery, blue-haired girl who Nonoka met on the day she left Lake Kiriya City and who has been waiting for her return, as she has her own link to Nonoka and her friends and a desire to grant their wishes.

Aye, this looks good.
Might give it a shot.

Aye, this looks good.
Might give it a shot.
Hope you like it. :)

Additionally, the show has both an OVA and an ONA. The OVA - "A Certain Girl's Day Off" - is a mini-story that takes place (presumably based on its subject matter) between Episode 6 and Episode 7, while the ONA - "One More Wish" - is a nice epilogue to the series.
If you do watch this series, I recommend giving them both a watch if you can.

To quote what I said on another threat regarding anime, another one I watched in the past was Astra: Lost in Space.
I watched the dubbed version and I was very impressed with it.

The story is set in 2063 and focuses on a group of teenagers (along with the 10-year-old adopted sister of one of the group) going to another planet for a week-long camping trip with no adult supervision.
After their teachers depart, however, the group are suddenly attacked by a wormhole that actively pursues them - "swallowing" each of the group and depositing them out in space, although the group survive due to having their suits and helmets still on.

To their surprise, they find a derelict but functional ship nearby and find out that they've been transported over 5000 light-years away from home. Thankfully, the ship still works and has a Faster-Than Light drive, so the group plan to "planet hop" in order to gather water and supplies from other worlds; the group learning more about each other and maturing as they continue their journey. Additionally, they give their ship the name "Astra" after finding a plaque aboard with the Latin quote "Per Aspera Ad Astra" (meaning "Through hardships to the stars").

However, as they learn more about each other, dark secrets are revealed regarding their pasts and why each of them were grouped together specifically for this trip - along with the understanding that the wormhole that deposited them into space was not a natural phenomena; implying that someone tried to murder them and their would-be murderer is still among them. Furthermore, as the group make more discoveries on their journey through space, they soon find themselves unwrapping a conspiracy that stretches across both space and time...

All in all, I really like this one.
The first and last episodes are double length and the first one is a bit slow, but it does pick up after the group arrive at Planet Camp. There's also plenty of funny moments, heartfelt moments and genuine stakes and surprises, coupled with good handling of some mature topics. While there are some things you may have to suspend your disbelief at, they didn't detract too much from the experience for me.
In short, I recommend you give this one a go.

Berserk '97, Golgo 13, Midnight Eye Goku, Cyber City Oedo 808, Space Adventure Cobra - I am all about seinen anime.
Now those are some bangers. Have you seen Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust? Might be right up your alley. The legendary anthologies may be too but they're a bit more artsy and disjointed: Neo Tokyo, Robot Carnival and Memories.
Schermafbeelding 2023-07-04 005842.png

Kamisama Hajimemashita. It is cute, i like the characters and Japanese mythology so it is perfect for me

I'm curious if anyone recognizes the anime clips from this video; the video description doesn't say where they're from.
Also, the song should be a throwback for anyone who watched the "Look and Read" series The Boy From Space, as this video uses the theme song.

Blame! (Tsutomu Neihi) is well worth trying. Very weird and surreal, and very beautiful in a rather lovely disturbing fashion (for me). More a freakytopia than dystopia?
The comic is vastly superior, but then I would say that, being vid averse, but there's a vid on Netflix, I think, that gives a taste. Personally I love the comic's artwork, very moody and evocative (I go for comics as I'm unable to internally visualise, so the style of art has a big impact). As for plot, don't look for it too hard, it's not really that sort of book. Rather more to do with the journey, than the reasons.

1693575282033.png

I intend to watch The Prince and the Coral Sea at some point in the near future, especially with it been on YouTube.

i'm watching one piece again, but through one pace, which edits down the show to be more in pace with the manga. i also checked out the first episode of jujutsu kaisen, and the concept seems pretty cool

New Threads

Top Bottom