• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everyone, Name an anime that you watched...

I don't watch much anime, but one that my wife liked and showed me, and I liked as well, was Elfen Lied

Your Name (kimi no na wa). My favorite for its photorealistic style. My next favorite is A Silent Voice (koe no katachi). It made me cry with its tale of bullying, isolation, self blame and redemption. Then there is a fun anime about two insecure teens, Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop.

We didn't have that Japanese anime when I grew up, it just didn't exist. Except for one that I saw one time in the 1980s, I think it was called Akira? Or something like that. That's the only one I have seen. Don't remember any of it, just that it was an unusual cartoon, different from what we usually watched.

Since a lot of anime movies have been mentioned, I think "The girl who leapt through time" is almost infinitely rewatchable. It's very cute and beautifully directed.

We didn't have that Japanese anime when I grew up, it just didn't exist. Except for one that I saw one time in the 1980s, I think it was called Akira? Or something like that. That's the only one I have seen. Don't remember any of it, just that it was an unusual cartoon, different from what we usually watched.
Akira is correct, a nuclear explosion of influence in the animated world. Hence why it made it overseas despite the otherwise general unavailability of the japanese side of the medium at the time.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

I haven't got around to watching Season 02 yet, but Season 01 was a lot of fun.

Did you ever watch the BBC Dub?
(They only did it for a few episodes, but I found it pretty funny).
I've seen clips from it, but I've never sat down and watched the full episodes (pretty sure they just dubbed the 1st and 3rd episodes)

'OI TOLD YOU LAHM I DO NOT WAHNT TO SLEEP WITH YOU' lives rent-free in my head.

I've seen clips from it, but I've never sat down and watched the full episodes (pretty sure they just dubbed the 1st and 3rd episodes)

'OI TOLD YOU LAHM I DO NOT WAHNT TO SLEEP WITH YOU' lives rent-free in my head.
Personally I always remember the bit where he gets abducted and he shouts "Hey, I didn't call a cab!"

Let’s see Gundam, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Wolf’s Rain, Vinland Saga, My Hero Academia, Food Wars, Doctor Stone, and a few others.

I liked Dragonball Z pre 2000s for the action and music by Bruce Falconer.

Wolf’s Rain for the story and atmosphere. Never watch if you’re depressed or sad.

Food Wars. For entertainment and the in depth explanation of cooking.

Dr. Stone for the interesting science facts.

One Punch Man.

I have watched Shiki and Another. I really enjoyed watching them when I would be in the summer. I had a great time watching them.

I really love birdie wing. Is a golf anime but there is mafia drama and underground golf gambling and each charcter has there own special golf shot and it is a vibe. Love the drama in the show

i like pretty much all things gundam (which encompasses lots of movies and tv series).

as far as movies, i would also include most of the ghibli library, akira, ghost in the shell (and angel's egg, which was written and directed by the creator of ghost in the shell, Mamoru Oshii), the night is short, walk on girl, cowboy bebop the movie, paprika, perfect blue,

tv series, i enjoy the universe of one piece, though i don't keep up with it (but i used to read the manga), i would also recommend one punch man, mob psycho 100, neon genesis evangelion, flcl, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, inuyasha, and rurouni kenshin

i'm sure there are others that i've enjoyed, but those are what came to mind while writing this.

Here's another one I've watched, albeit it's a two-episode OVA which parodies Super Sentai (Power Rangers) and Sailor Moon:

Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

Growing up, I watched a few different animes as well - such as Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.

Last edited:
Berserk '97, Golgo 13, Midnight Eye Goku, Cyber City Oedo 808, Space Adventure Cobra - I am all about seinen anime.

I'm watching Devilman Lady. I like the character designs a lot, very 90s.

8qplLE2.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom