• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Enthusiastically being "cured"

I don’t know if these will help.

The Child Helpline - 1121 provides prompt assistance and support to children subjected to violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect. It is also utilized for dissemination of information and guidance in respect of child rights.

In Australia these practices are known as Conversion Therapy and they are completely illegal. If I was you I'd be contacting your government's child welfare agencies.
There are no laws here, no child welfare.

@tripleU,

This is really awful to hear and I am sorry you are being subjected to this treatment by someone who loves you. Does your mother use the Internet very much? Maybe we can help you find some resources for her to see and read about it. Even if she hates autism now, maybe there is a chance that we could help educate her. It is kind of a longshot, and may not work, but it is one way that we can offer help.

Do you know anything about child welfare services in your country?

Are there any adults in your life that you trust and are accepting of autism? What about teachers at school? Is there anyone there that you could talk to about what you’re going through?

It might be important to record your physical injuries like taking photos, and you can also write notes and document what is happening to you just in case there are some sort of authorities that can help you.

Just because you are a kid does not mean that you should be hurt emotionally or physically because of your autism.
Only for seeing fashion on Facebook. There are no laws, here, lots of corruption, nothing. I almost got banned from school because of auts.

Also, I convinced her that this Mufti (A Scholar, who is asked questions), is saying that, I have to either edit with Inspect Element on his site or ask him as he gives a negative response all the time except for the more generic questions. I can only ask him at 6pm GMT+3 so 8pm here, So I have to wait the whole day

Hi, my mom, forces me to go to this place to "cure" autism. No! The person curing there doesn't even know oxygen exists, as they boil/fry oil and then put their feet in it, Which causes a lot of breathing problems, then he applies it mostly to overweight people, a baby with a large head, a wheelchaired person, uncurable. My mom gets so happy to go there, Oh you want me to look forward at you, play physical games like an animal. Because sitting in the corner of the class and writing things called Journeys are "Autistic". You want me to lose all the creative things, which happened due to me not socializing, being different. You want me to speak instead of using hand gestures and nodding... She isn't listening. He applies on my backbone, and it hurts, there. He is trying to kill me?

Help! She won't listen. She also says "phobias" come from Autism, oh so being scared of the coronavirus is a phobia, scared of dirtiness is a phobia.

It's 10:46pm so there is a very big chance, that I won't be able to reply in the hours coming.
Help! Help! Help! I can feel the pain on my back.
We had a member called Autistamatic who made several videos teaching what autism is and how it affects us. They are very informative and well made. I go along with others in saying this is blood curdlingly wrong. This charlatan is causing more harm than good. On second thought, he is causing harm and absolutely no good to any of his clients. I also join with the others in saying autism can't be cured, only dealt with.

Does your mother ever listen to you?
Do you ever have a chance to do fun things with her?
Do you feel like she loves you?

Does your mother ever listen to you?
Do you ever have a chance to do fun things with her?
Do you feel like she loves you?
Yes she does listen only sometimes, She is scared of computers but not phones. She likes nothing, does nothing. The only thing, I can do right now with her would be talking. She does love me but she goes super on curing autism

Were you diagnosed by a psychologist or some other professional?

I’m trying to think of where you could get some help on this issue from real life people around you.

There are no laws here, no child welfare.

The Constitution of Pakistan.

Article 25(1) of the Pakistani Constitution states that “all citizens are equal before law and entitled to equal protection of law”. Article 37(a) of the Convention states that “no child shall be subjected to torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”. Pakistani laws do not afford a sufficient protection against torture and other ill-treatment. This legislative lack is among the main causes of many cases of torture reported in Pakistan. Children are common victims of these violations. The constitution’s Article 25(A) (which deals with the right to education), Article 11(3) (which forbids employment of children) and the Pakistan Penal Code’s section 82 (which grants blanket immunity to children below a certain age) all have different upper limits for the age of children. Many social indicators give a measure of the progress achieved by the Islamic Republic of Pakistan regarding Children’s Rights since its independence in 1947. Access to health services, education and life expectancy has improved as the infant mortality rate and illiteracy have declined. Despite everything, the full realization of Children’s Rights is still going to demand enormous time and effort.

Were you diagnosed by a psychologist or some other professional?

I’m trying to think of where you could get some help on this issue from real life people around you.
No, By myself, No one likes autism here. No people around me

The Constitution of Pakistan.

Article 25(1) of the Pakistani Constitution states that “all citizens are equal before law and entitled to equal protection of law”. Article 37(a) of the Convention states that “no child shall be subjected to torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”. Pakistani laws do not afford a sufficient protection against torture and other ill-treatment. This legislative lack is among the main causes of many cases of torture reported in Pakistan. Children are common victims of these violations. The constitution’s Article 25(A) (which deals with the right to education), Article 11(3) (which forbids employment of children) and the Pakistan Penal Code’s section 82 (which grants blanket immunity to children below a certain age) all have different upper limits for the age of children. Many social indicators give a measure of the progress achieved by the Islamic Republic of Pakistan regarding Children’s Rights since its independence in 1947. Access to health services, education and life expectancy has improved as the infant mortality rate and illiteracy have declined. Despite everything, the full realization of Children’s Rights is still going to demand enormous time and effort.

I think only in the past a couple of years ago when Imran Khan was PM, now he isn't and so much bad including rapid inflation. Also, if I called the police they would just say that this is a religous place where they apply oil for "Shafa", curing I think, and my mother also says that things like these don't exist in Pakistan. This is a very bad country.

You are in a very difficult situation. Do you research autism online? Do you feel like you have a good understanding of how it works, how it affects you, and other people’s experiences with being autistic?

I'm a newbie, but from what I understand, there is no cure for autism, so any place promising a "cure" is off to a bad start.

Also, applying oil to treat obesity or large baby heads ... that's nuts.
You're right; there is no cure for autism. I remember reading those words on my professional diagnosis and I got, well...a little sad. It's with me for life.

You are in a very difficult situation. Do you research autism online? Do you feel like you have a good understanding of how it works, how it affects you, and other people’s experiences with being autistic?
Yes, I do and it all matches to me.

Yes, I do and it all matches to me.
That’s good. I am a lot older than you, and just started learning about autism in the last few years and it all fits me as well. Learning about it as much as possible and continuing to broaden my understanding of it is helpful to me when those around me do not understand why I am the way I am.

This may not help you very much, but knowledge really is a powerful thing and I hope that your understanding of autism and the way it affects you can protect you against the negative opinions and misunderstanding all around you. At least it can protect your psyche and you can still develop your self-confidence, self-worth, and self-esteem in the difficult situation in which you find yourself.

I think, the forum folks should continue to think about advice that would be helpful to you, but in the meantime, remember that only you are in control of your mind. No one else gets to get in there and learning as much as you can from a variety of sources could be a great help to your future.

I might try doing the Mufti thing again, and also set an Alarm. And try to invite her like, I saw a cool post

He's saying the new timings are 6am not 8pm. I am really unlucky.

Tell her you think you maybe cured, so no need to go back. Just try to speak a little more, and less hands, because it beats going back to the idiot place. Sometimes you have to deceive to escape a place that is totally ridiculous, its called masking.

New Threads

Top Bottom