• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Enthusiastically being "cured"

tripleU

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi, my mom, forces me to go to this place to "cure" autism. No! The person curing there doesn't even know oxygen exists, as they boil/fry oil and then put their feet in it, Which causes a lot of breathing problems, then he applies it mostly to overweight people, a baby with a large head, a wheelchaired person, uncurable. My mom gets so happy to go there, Oh you want me to look forward at you, play physical games like an animal. Because sitting in the corner of the class and writing things called Journeys are "Autistic". You want me to lose all the creative things, which happened due to me not socializing, being different. You want me to speak instead of using hand gestures and nodding... She isn't listening. He applies on my backbone, and it hurts, there. He is trying to kill me?

Help! She won't listen. She also says "phobias" come from Autism, oh so being scared of the coronavirus is a phobia, scared of dirtiness is a phobia.

It's 10:46pm so there is a very big chance, that I won't be able to reply in the hours coming.
Help! Help! Help! I can feel the pain on my back.

I'm a newbie, but from what I understand, there is no cure for autism, so any place promising a "cure" is off to a bad start.

Also, applying oil to treat obesity or large baby heads ... that's nuts.

I'm a newbie, but from what I understand, there is no cure for autism, so any place promising a "cure" is off to a bad start.

Also, applying oil to treat obesity or large baby heads ... that's nuts.
How do I persuade my mom to not go to such a bad place, it is unbreathable, bad vibes (As I can judge people), Bad Music Tastes, everything is weird. It also has started to hurt my back too from the oil

How do I persuade my mom to not go to such a bad place, it is unbreathable, bad vibes (As I can judge people), Bad Music Tastes, everything is weird. It also has started to hurt my back too from the oil

I don't know. It's hard to say, without knowing the situation, your mom, or why she chose to take you there.

What happens when you tell her that you hate the place and that it's making you worse, not better?

I don't know. It's hard to say, without knowing the situation, your mom, or why she chose to take you there.

What happens when you tell her that you hate the place and that it's making you worse, not better?
She doesn't listen. She hates autism

She doesn't listen. She hates autism

Is she very extroverted? In my experience, the most extroverted people are the ones with the most rigid sense of "normal." I think they feel a certain strength from social hierarchy and assigned role. Like they can't stand that other people have other ideas of pleasure, or don't want to be part of their little systems.

That reminds me that I always gave an Angry or Sad reaction in online classes. I didn't know the consequences of enemies.

Sounds like your mom needs some help, too -- in understanding autism, and in understanding how to be an effective parent to a child with autism. I assume (?) she's doing the best she can with the information she has, but if so, she lacks a lot of information. A lot of people do, unfortunately. Sounds to me like she's grasping at straws and is laboring under a lot of misconceptions.

Is your dad in the picture? Can you talk to him about it?

Divorced a decade ago. I don't know anything about him except that he migrated to Australia.

@tripleU

Autism can't be 'cured', though there are lots of - usually expensive - charlatans who will charge parents a fortune with promises that it can be, and they're the ones who know how.

There are useful books, such as Neurotribes by Steve Silberman which can be very helpful in getting this point, and a number of other misconceptions over to the ignorant, and also a really good documentary made by the BBC a couple of years or so ago, and featuring Chris Packham, who is also on the spectrum. It can be found on YouTube at
and if your mother is at all amenable to knowledge, this might be an excellent place to start.

@tripleU

Autism can't be 'cured', though there are lots of - usually expensive - charlatans who will charge parents a fortune with promises that it can be, and they're the ones who know how.

There are useful books, such as Neurotribes by Steve Silberman which can be very helpful in getting this point, and a number of other misconceptions over to the ignorant, and also a really good documentary made by the BBC a couple of years or so ago, and featuring Chris Packham, who is also on the spectrum. It can be found on YouTube at
and if your mother is at all amenable to knowledge, this might be an excellent place to start.
No, I don't want to cure it. She just takes me to this horrible place and gets too happy

No, I don't want to cure it. She just takes me to this horrible place and gets too happy
I didn't think you did, but that video might educate her as to exactly what autism is, how fake these so-called cures can be, and whether or not people who are on the spectrum would even want to be cured if it is was possible. In other words, a wholly different perspective than she has right now.

Plus, it does explore some forms of treatment which actually can help, to put this current nonsense into perspective.

I didn't think you did, but that video might educate her as to exactly what autism is, how fake these so-called cures can be, and whether or not people who are on the spectrum would even want to be cured if it is was possible. In other words, a wholly different perspective than she has right now.

Plus, it does explore some forms of treatment which actually can help, to put this current nonsense into perspective.
There is also pain on my back, where the oil is applied. What do I do for that?

There is also pain on my back, where the oil is applied. What do I do for that?
I'm an Aspie, not a doctor, so I can't answer that. I can say that if this 'treatment' is causing you injury, you might want to consider reporting this to the local authorities. This person may be similarly injuring others too, and outside licensed medical practitioners, causing bodily harm to others is not uncommonly a criminal offense punishable by jail time.

Hi, my mom, forces me to go to this place to "cure" autism.
In Australia these practices are known as Conversion Therapy and they are completely illegal. If I was you I'd be contacting your government's child welfare agencies.

In Australia these practices are known as Conversion Therapy and they are completely illegal. If I was you I'd be contacting your government's child welfare agencies.
My thoughts exactly! I don't know how old you are @tripleU but this sounds all kinds of wrong! Are you telling us that they are boiling oil and then putting it on your skin? Besides how cruel this is, even mildly hot oil can cause burns, that's how we cook food!

This needs to stop! If I were in your shoes, I would follow @Outdated s advice and report this. These sorts of silly "treatments" don't work for anything. It's all magical thinking. Besides the physical stuff, it seems to me that this is not doing you any favours psychologically!

His profile says he's only 13, and he's mentioned before that he lives in Pakistan.
I should have thought of checking their profile, thanks Outdated :)

This must be horrible for him :-( I still can remember being 13 and people doing distressing things "for my own good". It's so upsetting to read about what's happening.

I hope that there is some way to make it stop.

@tripleU,

This is really awful to hear and I am sorry you are being subjected to this treatment by someone who loves you. Does your mother use the Internet very much? Maybe we can help you find some resources for her to see and read about it. Even if she hates autism now, maybe there is a chance that we could help educate her. It is kind of a longshot, and may not work, but it is one way that we can offer help.

Do you know anything about child welfare services in your country?

Are there any adults in your life that you trust and are accepting of autism? What about teachers at school? Is there anyone there that you could talk to about what you’re going through?

It might be important to record your physical injuries like taking photos, and you can also write notes and document what is happening to you just in case there are some sort of authorities that can help you.

Just because you are a kid does not mean that you should be hurt emotionally or physically because of your autism.

New Threads

Top Bottom