• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

eBay problem

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Last week I bought a copy of Dancing Stage Universe w/ Dance Mat for Xbox 360 on eBay, got it for a good price of £25 (around $31 US at current rate), anyway the seller has used Hermes to deliver, which is annoying because I once bought something off another seller last year who also used Hermes and it was a complete nightmare, I was out when the delivery guy came, as I often am, and I couldn't get in touch with them to redeliver.

The seller for this particular item stated that it would be delivered by today, I've been out all afternoon for that interview (see topic in employment section), and when I got back there was no delivery note or anything so they've obviously not been, I contacted the seller on his eBay account, he says he's at work and can't access his Hermes account to check the progress till tomorrow.

So anyway, is there anything legal in the UK I can do about this? I already gave him positive feedback for prompt dispatch and accepting my low offer of £25, which I would now like to retract but don't know how to.

You should probably wait another day before you take any sort of action. Don't overreact.

don't most delivery firms come by three times, in belgium you have official drop off points (post office, newspaper stores, some food stores etc), i have my packages delivered to the nearest post office, so it never matters is i'm home or not

Did the seller provide you with a tracking number? If so you should track your package.

Yeah, with Hermes you should have a tracking number. I would at least wait until the seller gets back to you. If there's any issue or it doesn't show up, then you should take it up with eBay. They are always more than willing to help people out, and they've helped me before when I had a problem with a seller.

You should also take this as a lesson to never leave feedback for anyone until you have received an item. Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, so no worry about them doing that just to get back at you should you leave them negative. Most sellers also won't leave feedback for buyers until they receive it first.

Two things.

One, he did say that he was not able to help, due to no access and so, for that, you should at least give the guy a chance.

Second: why give a positive feedback for delivery, when it had not arrived yet? So, as harsh as it sounds, a bit "too bad" kind of thing.

I use ebay as a buyer and seller and I only give feedback, once payment has been given and the person has received their goods or once I have received the goods ie in my hand.

I'm in the USA but unless I'm getting free shipping from China there is pretty much always a tracking number by which I can tell exactly how many times it has changed hands, what cities it has been in, and a bunch of other stuff I don't care about. If I'm expecting a delivery via the US Post Office I can even tell from sitting at my computer if it's in the mailbox or not. I'd suggest tracking it if that's possible, or give it another day. If I pay with PayPal I'm covered by PayPal, my credit card, and eBay so I have never lost money on an eBay purchase.

I never give feedback until I have unpacked the item and inspected it.

Last edited:
Oh don't ever leave feedback until you have product in hand and have examined it. I made this mistake once and dude said he delivered it but he never did and after I paid him and left feedback he just kept it. Plus the stuff might be crud (not what was pictured or mentioned) when it arrives.

Unfortunately, I do not think there is any way to retract feedback after you've left it. Actually, if the seller requests a change in feedback, that's the only way you can do it - obviously, they only do that after you've left them negative or neutral feedback and they are asking you to switch it to positive.

But he should indeed give you the tracking number so that you can track it yourself.

Also, if something from ebay never arrives, take it up with ebay. I've had to do this twice, and though the sellers were rude, ebay gave me back my money after I had waited a specified number of days.

As it happens the items have arrived today, the Hermes guy actually left the stuff in the blue recycling bin, big box because it's a game plus the dance mat, it'll cost me a bit to package it back up for our Lauren for Christmas, but I'm not fussed, it's come, that's main thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom