• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Welcome @Darth Vabear . Here you will learn a lot, and perhaps have some enjoyable interactions. Of anything I have suffered through from ASD, social anxiety was most damaging. At the time I did not know I was ASD, received no help, and had to work through things myself.

Hi my name is nick i have asperger i live with the best best best best best best best best mom ever. i like going to places like starbucks target wallmart the park riding the marta riding busses having fun with the best best best best best mom ever watching fun kids shows like sesame street cliffort callliou franklin exe i love to drink coffee i like meeting new people i am verry verry friendly

Hi, I've been self-diagnosed as autistic for a few years now. My special interests are owls (my avatar is a spotted owl, my favorite species), Pokémon, and music, and I like anime, art, and video games. I'm looking forward to interacting with other autistic people!

Hi, I've been self-diagnosed as autistic for a few years now. My special interests are owls (my avatar is a spotted owl, my favorite species), Pokémon, and music, and I like anime, art, and video games. I'm looking forward to interacting with other autistic people!
Welcome! :)
I love owls and birds of prey too. Spotted owls are beautiful.
I'm an artist and a musician and I love art and music too. I'm not a gamer, but I do love editing videos and making digital art on my computer.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to interacting with you too (I am :) ) so feel free to join in any conversation you'd like! Most of the people here are super friendly and awesome. A lot of diverse and very cool interests.

Being self-diagnosed is totally valid and fine, btw. I'm officially diagnosed, and have been since I was a toddler, but there are a lot of people here who are self-diagnosed or undiagnosed.

I'm a little behind on replying to new members on this thread! D:

Now I know there's also a collective/miscellaneous welcome thread.

Autism works in mysterious ways.

Welcome to everyone there is, there was e therever will be.

Hello.
I've made my own thread a while ago not knowing that this one exists
I'm hoping I could get to know people on this forum. My hobbies revolve around art and foreign languages though I do enjoy taking long walks by myself every once and a while
If I like a piece of media (say a show, for example) I get absolutely enamoured with it

Hello.
I've made my own thread a while ago not knowing that this one exists
I'm hoping I could get to know people on this forum. My hobbies revolve around art and foreign languages though I do enjoy taking long walks by myself every once and a while
If I like a piece of media (say a show, for example) I get absolutely enamoured with it
Which foreign languages do you speak/are you learning?

I learned Spanish at school, also have learned to varying proficiencies German, French, Greek, Romanian and Italian.
That's impressive, which one is your favourite and why
If I wanted to learn another language from that list I'd pick German,
I liked Spanish because it's widespread and I'd like to venture into Latin American one day (though don't know how I'd handling being an aspie lol)

which one is your favourite and why
I had a string of language 'special interests' - first it was German, then Greek and then Romanian. I don't really have a favourite one, though. My favourite one is whichever one I happen to be learning at the time :)

The thing about being on the spectrum and visiting or living in other countries is that people tend to put any quirks or communication difficulties down to your being foreign - when they look at me, all they see is 'foreign' and it often doesn't occur to them that I might have a personality of my own beyond my foreignness.

I had a string of language 'special interests' - first it was German, then Greek and then Romanian. I don't really have a favourite one, though. My favourite one is whichever one I happen to be learning at the time :)

The thing about being on the spectrum and visiting or living in other countries is that people tend to put any quirks or communication difficulties down to your being foreign - when they look at me, all they see is 'foreign' and it often doesn't occur to them that I might have a personality of my own beyond my foreignness.
Well I guess that's not too bad in our case.
I read from other Aspies that they actually find better outside of their home country because of this, combined with the fact that you people don't mind teaching you the unwritten rules of communication since you are a foreigner and aren't appalled when you don't know

Well I guess that's not too bad in our case.
I read from other Aspies that they actually find better outside of their home country because of this, combined with the fact that you people don't mind teaching you the unwritten rules of communication since you are a foreigner and aren't appalled when you don't know
Yes, as a foreigner you are given a bit more leeway where social/cultural norms and expectations are concerned.

Hello, my name is Jodi. I'm 44 and I believe I have Asperger's or at the very least am on the spectrum. I have related more to people on the spectrum than people not on the spectrum. And when someone I respected shared that they self-diagnosed themselves, and how they self-diagnosed themselves, I went on the same journey myself.

I'm trying to find a way to get evaluated for an official diagnosis, but it's difficult being 44. It's nice to see people talking here. I hope everyone has a great day!

Hello, my name is Jodi. I'm 44 and I believe I have Asperger's or at the very least am on the spectrum. I have related more to people on the spectrum than people not on the spectrum. And when someone I respected shared that they self-diagnosed themselves, and how they self-diagnosed themselves, I went on the same journey myself.

I'm trying to find a way to get evaluated for an official diagnosis, but it's difficult being 44. It's nice to see people talking here. I hope everyone has a great day!
At 60, and starting to have very negative emotional memories, I was very adamant about an assessment. Now I am in therapy for that, I am finding that medicare is paying for everything.

Hi, I'm Rold! Adult trans guy with autism. Likes writing, making art, anime. Adores nature and animals. An affinity for demons and monsters and misfits of all sorts. 95% gay.

At the moment I'm here for advice about socializing. Really, really need it. I was sick with terrible pain and fatigue for many years and essentially housebound, and it destroyed what few social skills I possess. Things changed and now I'm living life more again and getting stronger, and now I've got a lot of new extrovert needs and zero of the extrovert skills! A difficult situation to find myself in, but I'm trying hard to push past my old comfort zones so I can get the enrichment I need.

Hullo! Good to meet you.

Hello! Call me Benjamin, or Ben.
I'm a 19-year-old university student majoring in cyber security. Grew up in a loving family of nine, while having an additional seven siblings.

I have always been a weird one, since I was very young, and as I grew up, I couldn't understand others, and couldn't understand why I am a certain way. It has bothered me so much, that I started labeling myself an alien.

Just this year, I finally found out that I have autism, although through self-diagnosis (combination of reading stuff up and relating to experiences of those with it). Stigma is not great where I'm from, and access to an official diagnosis as an adult is both hard and kind of unnecessary in my personal case as I have done a lot of masking as I get older. Although I wish to have assurance, and to feel more comfortable with my self-diagnosis.

Been meaning to find a community to hear and share autism experiences, to remind myself that I am not alone. Glad to have come across this. Please treat me well!

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin
Hi. My name is Yancy. I am 17. I haven't been diagnosed but am currently going through the process of getting a diagnosis.
I have been dealing with really bad agoraphobia for a while now and am just hoping that here is a place where I can speak with like minded people and actually have some form of social life.
I don't really know what else to say since I'm bad at introductions.

New Threads

Top Bottom