• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi all!

My name is Neville, I currently reside in Ireland but I am originally from South Africa.
I was recently diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of 35, I am still trying to process everything but I am looking forward to chatting with and getting to know some like-minded people.

Thnx.

The people joining this site sound like a fractal the introductions are so similar.
Either way Welcome. you should like it here like a warm blanket. finally among like minded people.

Howdy,
Who's the cute dog?

Hi Tom,

That handsome fella (Murphy) was my best friend when I was a child - even though he passed away more than 15 years ago I still think about him to this day.
(I just found that photo today by chance and it bought a smile to my face...)

Hi Tom,

That handsome fella (Murphy) was my best friend when I was a child - even though he passed away more than 15 years ago I still think about him to this day.
(I just found that photo today by chance and it bought a smile to my face...)

If only people were more like dogs. Except for the pooping in the hall part. ;)

I have 4 Chihuahuas. Both pure and mixes. Love each one dearly. We have many animal lovers here. It may be some of us find relating to them easier then with people.

If only people were more like dogs. Except for the pooping in the hall part. ;)

I have 4 Chihuahuas. Both pure and mixes. Love each one dearly. We have many animal lovers here. It may be some of us find relating to them easier then with people.

"Everyone needs a dog to remind them that they can be loved and a cat to remind them that they can do better."

(Wildly misquoted from something I read a long time ago).

Hi all!

My name is Neville, I currently reside in Ireland but I am originally from South Africa.
I was recently diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of 35, I am still trying to process everything but I am looking forward to chatting with and getting to know some like-minded people.

Thnx.
Hello,
So lovely you're here, you're in a wonderful place, and you are so welcome to be here, how are you? Coping okay?

Need anything, then feel free to reach out to me or other users on here,

Roxie

Hi! I’m angeldog12. I’m awaiting an autism diagnosis but am currently diagnosed with ADHD. I don’t know many people who are neurodivergent so I joined the site to meet more people like me:)

Hi! I’m angeldog12. I’m awaiting an autism diagnosis but am currently diagnosed with ADHD. I don’t know many people who are neurodivergent so I joined the site to meet more people like me:)

Welcome! :) It’s nice to have you here.

I joined here to meet more people like me too. And I have met some of my favorite people ever.

I hope you are able to make lots of awesome friends too!

- Luca

Hi. I'm Sunny.
I am a recently self-diagnosed 71 year old Grandmother of 3 boys. I am also a mental health therapist working from home, and I love it!
I have ADHD, as well, and I am hoping to come up with some solutions for the procrastination that seems to co-occur with what my family call my "Deep Dives" into a recurring or current interest. Any thoughts?
One of my quirks is that I am essentially afraid of getting caught in the steps of an escalator, at one end or the other so I avoid them whenever I can, even though it makes no logical sense that I could get caught in it. And I still haven't gotten the hang of revolving doors after all of this time. (-:

I took the photograph that is my avatar and I like it a lot. I think it would make a nice watercolor.
I, too, have trouble at beauty parlors. I find a manicure way too intimate.

Hello & welcome.
I am hoping to come up with some solutions for the procrastination that seems to co-occur with what my family call my "Deep Dives" into a recurring or current interest. Any thoughts?
One of my quirks is that I am essentially afraid of getting caught in the steps of an escalator, at one end or the other so I avoid them whenever I can, even though it makes no logical sense that I could get caught in it. And I still haven't gotten the hang of revolving doors after all of this time. (-:
Is the escalator thing a "deep dive," or a different type of issue...?
(That topic may be better in a different sub-forum. ;))

Hi. I'm Sunny.
I am a recently self-diagnosed 71 year old Grandmother of 3 boys. I am also a mental health therapist working from home, and I love it!
I have ADHD, as well, and I am hoping to come up with some solutions for the procrastination that seems to co-occur with what my family call my "Deep Dives" into a recurring or current interest. Any thoughts?

Hi Sunny, it's nice to meet you....

New Threads

Top Bottom