• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

New member here. I’m Kevin, currently 24, turning 25 next 24th. Anyways what is there to say? Well, my hobbies including eating, reading, playing video games. Books I love to read ranges from psychology books, philosophy books, books about life. Well as more is known, I will let myself known, reveal myself

My son is diagnosed with Autism and the same goes for my niece. I don't have an official diagnose, but according to a psychologist there's no doubt I could be diagnosed with Aspergers. My Ritvo-score confirms her opinion.

I'm a very high functioning Asperger, and most people would never guess that I'm not a successful neurotypical. But behind the facade they would find a brain working overtime constantly processing input from a chaotic and potentially hostile world.

What comes easy to NT's, I have to figure out the hard way. Everytime. Sometimes it's like everybody else is running their life on a computer, while I have to do exactly as many calculations, but with only pen and paper available. That makes keeping up extremely draining, and doesn't leave much energy for anything else.
Aspergers Ritvo.JPG

Allo! Allo!

@Sirius & Welcome
You will get quite a bit of help here if asked, friendly and helpful.

I've been diagnosed this year and still trying to understand it all. There are many other tests out there you could take, something that also helped me a bit is a site suggested by my psychologist, according to her this is one of the most accurate 'free' sites out there. Give 16personalities a go and see.

ooh something shiny.......

Hello to all, my name is Max, I'm in my mid 20's and I'm from Germany. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Autism at the beginning of this year. I've been a silent reader for a while, but since I want to post something for the first time, I'll introduce myself.

Hi and velkommen
I am glad you enjoy the Norwegian countryside. it is really special.

Hope you find yourself at home here in these Forums.

Thank you, how nice. It is special indeed, I was actually born there but I left to test the city-life. Big mistake, shouldn`t have done that. Now I`m back where I belong and I`m lovin` it. :) Thank you for the friendly welcome.

Welcome Forest Cat to a rare tranquil place on the internet. You'll like it here.

@Forest Cat Hi, welcome! :)
Norway is an absolutely beautiful country. I live in America, and it is my dream to live in the countryside here too :)
Hope you like it here and make some new friends!

Thank you, people are so friendly here. :) Norway is a nice little place, my dream is to visit America. Never been there but when you grow up in Norway you are exposed to American culture every day. I`m a big fan, it`s a great place. And so big! Norway is roughly the same size as New Mexico and there`s just 5 million people here. Thank you for the friendly welcome.
You’re most welcome! People are very friendly here :)
I would love to visit Norway someday too. I love European culture and music :)

I asked the people here and they said you can come on over anytime, the Kingdom of Norway welcomes you. Just remember that you have to ski. If you don`t want to someone will gently force you ;) lol Skiing is very important, it`s a way of life.
Thank you for being so kind :)
And now I will have to learn to ski!

It is possible to be here and not go skiing, but be prepared for Norwegians trying to strap skis to your feet. It`s almost a sickness, we like skiing too much. :) People learn to ski before they can walk. Anyway, it`s always fun with Americans in Norway, I have met people from Texas, Colorado and Minnesota here, it`s always a pleasure.
That sounds like fun :)
I’ve met a lot of interesting people from a lot of different countries. I love learning about different cultures and getting to know people from lots of places :)

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin
Hi! I'm 50 and new to this world. I was diagnosed last summer with ADD and PTSD. Based on my research I feel that it's highly likely that I am on the autistic spectrum. I will find out at my March brain appointment. I have a lot of questions. The first one being... How do I post to a thread without starting a new one and without replying to a post someone else made?

New Hi! I have an official diagnosis of ADD and PTSD. I highly suspect I am in the autism spectrum as well, but won't know from my doctor until March. I just turned 50 and have had so many light bulbs going off in my head as I make connections of how I am to these diagnosis/possible diagnosis, it's like a disco in there. A lot now makes sense like it never did before. I am looking forward to understanding myself better through getting to know people that I am more like instead of the people I have been trying to please for all these years. Please feel free to private message me. I'm a bit nervous, but pretty excited. My husband is my best friend and even he doesn't completely get it some times. :cool:

Hi and welcome @Spicysalsaverde

Glad to have you among us, do read some of the older posts and see if more light bulbs go off for you as you read of other's experience. Feel free to chip into the threads, and add your tuppenceworth

Hi! I’m Toby i’m 21. I don’t have any official diagnosis but I do believe I could have autism and adhd. I love stuffed animals and podcasts.

New Threads

Top Bottom