• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello, I am 26 year old man with autism. I don't really have much social skills but hopefully I can learn to become more social. Also, I have severe anxiety which doesn't help me with being social which always leaves me being scared, afraid or angry. So, I do better at talking digitally rather talking physically.

Hello & welcome @TimeTravelerInDisguise.
full

Hello, I accidentally landed here today from trying to look for statistics/correlations between autistics and hair length lol.... nice to meet everyone.

I’m not officially diagnosed but am convinced I’m on the spectrum. I’ve always felt ‘off’ but didn’t suspect autism until high school, and only in recent years have I actually dug into ASD. I’m saddened that it took becoming aware of what I struggle with to realize it. I wonder why society is unable to diagnose a happy autistic - it sure would have saved me, and I'm sure many others, from a lot of pain.

Once I made the realization, it’s like the jenga tower of collective memories in my brain fell. It feels great to know I can navigate life by understanding my needs better. I hope to get diagnosed in the future if at all possible.

I worked retail for a while - which I like to call “social skills bootcamp” - but will soon (hopefully) study for the tech field. This will sound silly but as an autistic Aquarius going into tech, it feels like I’m completing some sort of prophecy. Please wish me luck :~)! + ty for reading :sunflower:

Hello, I am 26 year old man with autism. I don't really have much social skills but hopefully I can learn to become more social. Also, I have severe anxiety which doesn't help me with being social which always leaves me being scared, afraid or angry. So, I do better at talking digitally rather talking physically.

Welcome to the Forums
Do make yourself at home. Since we are all typing here, do join in the conversations you find here. There are lot of interesting chats going on, and have gone on.

Welcome. I hope you will find that it is easy to communicate here. As a teen and young adult I had severe social anxiety and felt constantly rejected and isolated from my peers. Things did not improve for me until I finally decided to like myself and get involved with activity groups. That helped with learning how to be social, because the emphasis was on the activity with the social aspect being stress free.

Thank you and yes! One of my favorite characters in fiction is named Beatrice, so I took the -trice from her name and added ‘ego’

Hi and Welcome. Now that is a new one to me, hair length and autism. Tell me more
Welcome, @egotrice! :)
Now I'm curious about this.
Did you find anything? What caused you to look for this in the first place?
Not much but could be a sensory thing sometimes? Don't know the frequency in hair preference though. Basically I wanted to know if I was the only one who felt weird when it touched the back of my neck or feeling strange when it’s out and loose everywhere, whether on my back or in my face. Forcing myself to grow it out has been a bit draining.

A long time ago [1992?], I had a ponytail.
It kept whipping me in the side of my face whenever I turned my head.

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin

I find the site bewildering. That is perhaps because I am very unfamiliar with how web forums work? I mean very unfamiliar. Is there a primer on what all this means and how to effectively use it? How do I sort through it all to find what I want to find? It's all a jumble to me.

Hi @Dennis S

What is it you find specially bewildering?
I just find its a lot - a lot of threads and forums and sub forums. So what I do is I just click on the words "new posts" on the far right in the black banner at the top and then click on a title I find interesting and start reading. Maybe I will write something, may be not. Does that help at all?

Hi @Dennis S

What is it you find specially bewildering?
I just find its a lot - a lot of threads and forums and sub forums. So what I do is I just click on the words "new posts" on the far right in the black banner at the top and then click on a title I find interesting and start reading. Maybe I will write something, may be not. Does that help at all?

Thank you for your help.

Not much but could be a sensory thing sometimes? Don't know the frequency in hair preference though. Basically I wanted to know if I was the only one who felt weird when it touched the back of my neck or feeling strange when it’s out and loose everywhere, whether on my back or in my face. Forcing myself to grow it out has been a bit draining.
I agree with you that it could be a sensory thing. When I was younger I grew my hair out and then let it cut short again several times in cycles. However, I've only had short hair for about ten years now and don't plan to change this again. Apart from the sensory aspect it's also much more practical and easier to maintain.

Hi @Dennis S . I have taught k-12 homeschool, and could tutor you on how to better use this site. I put up a basic description for you on the following link: Tech support, Win 10

If you need further help, or would just like to chat, please let me know.

Oh yeah, and Welcome :)

Hi everyone,

my name is Jared and I made an account but I misspelled the email and I lost the password. well, that was a registered yesterday. anyways, I am starting to understand that I've been on the spectrum for quite some time. and I have lots to read through on this forum site. thank you all for contributing, it helps a lot to know what this mind is. I have driven a tractor-trailer, have my license to weld that's expired, just taking this one day at a time now. The funny thing about welding as I view it as art I mean come one molten metal.

okay, thanks for reading, and have a great day

New Threads

Top Bottom