• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

I am interested to know about autism for research purposes.
It depends on who you ask.

The three major views are:
  1. All autism is unhealthy (Autism Speaks).
  2. All autism is healthy (some here).
  3. Healthy autism & unhealthy autism both exist (others here).
I align with Dr. Martha Herbert's general view (though I have more specific theories).
(It would fall under #3.)

I am an ASD1 dad of NT & ASD1-3 children.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with ASD-L2 5 years ago(very late). I´ve joined because I am interested in learning some new skills and overcoming some of the difficulties I face. I am looking for new insights and ideas.

Hi and welcome @Akiroq

Please make yourself at home, there is plenty to learn here from the previous posts and current discussions.
Do jump in - we dont bite

Hello everyone. My name is Tom and I live in Central Europe. Last month I did the AQ Internet test for adults and got 42 of 50 maximum points, but that's not the problem, as from the very beginning of my childhood I suspected I could be an alien and I'm strange (as only I start to read when I was 3 yo, I was fascinated in scraps of words and numbers - my most beloved kind of books were at that time of my childhood to the adolescent period the massive printed phone books and railway schedules, besides I just loved to learn every new words, but I was paying attention very rarely to find out more, what is their proper meaning, etc.). So, I was searching for a very long time of my life for the proper tool to finally be able to confirm or deny what I suspected. But I had no courage to make another step at the moment.
I was and still am extremely shy when it comes to contacts with people in the real world (in the virtual as well), and, I suffer from the social fear, anxiety, long-term depression and cPTSD.
Sorry for my poor English (some weird chaotic mix of British English and American English). I hope you'll have no problems to understand what I want to say.
Have a good day/night wherever you are.
Tom (Grumpy.Usag33k_75).

Hello & welcome @Grumpy.Usag33k_75.

Here is an avatar suggestion,...
Dwarf Grumpy, Snow White (1937)
full

Last edited:
I joined the forum today. I am Australian and last week was diagnosed with ASD/ GAD/ ADD/ Dysthymia/ Alexithymia after going through a detailed assessment process.

I have a partner, five school age kids and a cavoodle.

I had scored high on a few online ASD tests I had done over the years but did not get assessed at the tine. The assessment was triggered by my youngest son showing signs of autism as well as my eldest daughter being diagnosed with SAD.

My diagnosis explains lots of things that have occurred to me over the years. I am now working through next steps, reading lots of articles and now joining the forum.

Nice to meet you all.

@Grumpy.Usag33k_75 : Welcome. You are not alone with your experiences. As an adolescent and young adult I experienced such social isolation and shame at my social deficits that now I am dealing with the cPTSD from that.

Hi everyone! My name is Renee. I'm new to this forum and just watched a bunch of videos about autism. I sort of self-diagnosed based on watching a ton of videos of people WITH autism actually talk about what it's like to be autistic and saw myself in it, which was super surprising, and suddenly so much of my life seems to make soooooooo much sense! The unique challenges I've struggled with in the past and today. And the whole idea of "masking" -- wow. It opens up a whole new world of self-awareness and self-knowledge and makes me question how all of this integrates with my understanding of myself, my spirituality and my identity as a human. (These are my big interests)

Loving watching these YouTubers talk about autism. It's so different than the picture of autism circulating in the general public...

Grateful to be here :)

New Threads

Top Bottom