• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello! My name is LeCiel. Although I'm not completely sure what my autism diagnosis would exactly be, I do believe I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when I was very small. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome sometime ago, though I was told that I would have to go elsewhere for an accurate diagnosis. In any case, I seem to have high-functioning autism.

The EEG I just had done recently shows that there are some undeveloped parts of my brain that might contribute to my diagnoses. My doctor told me to take life lightly for now because my brain overloads easily and can only handle so much stress before it shuts down. He said it's an inefficient brain, so I'm going to strengthen it with some brain-related exercises as is the plan.

Hello! My name is LeCiel. Although I'm not completely sure what my autism diagnosis would exactly be, I do believe I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when I was very small. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome sometime ago, though I was told that I would have to go elsewhere for an accurate diagnosis. In any case, I seem to have high-functioning autism.

The EEG I just had done recently shows that there are some undeveloped parts of my brain that might contribute to my diagnoses. My doctor told me to take life lightly for now because my brain overloads easily and can only handle so much stress before it shuts down. He said it's an inefficient brain, so I'm going to strengthen it with some brain-related exercises as is the plan.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi,

I'm Joel, 43 married with kids, un-diagnosed and truthfully not 100% sure I am on the spectrum but without doubt I share a large number of traits. My son was diagnosed a number of years ago.
Hoping to learn more and begin to improve my lifestyle and cope better as I'm pretty isolated outside my immediate family.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi,

I'm Joel, 43 married with kids, un-diagnosed and truthfully not 100% sure I am on the spectrum but without doubt I share a large number of traits. My son was diagnosed a number of years ago.
Hoping to learn more and begin to improve my lifestyle and cope better as I'm pretty isolated outside my immediate family.

Thanks,
Joel

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I'm 52 and absolutely convinced I have high-functioning autism, but not yet diagnosed. In the months since this first occurred to me, memories have flooded back reflecting autistic traits especially from my childhood. I've gone from unbelief to wow-that-explains-a-lot.

For as long as I can remember, I've had this deep core feeling that I'm wrong, but not like wrong-vs-right, just wrong. I've felt that there was something at my core that was defective. I think I've been struggling most of my life to "fix" myself or adapt myself with what I've recently learned is "masking". I've not been very successful with either.

The proverbial sledge hammer I've been using on myself has been slowly turning to a level of self-acceptance I didn't know existed.

I'm 52 and absolutely convinced I have high-functioning autism, but not yet diagnosed. In the months since this first occurred to me, memories have flooded back reflecting autistic traits especially from my childhood. I've gone from unbelief to wow-that-explains-a-lot.

For as long as I can remember, I've had this deep core feeling that I'm wrong, but not like wrong-vs-right, just wrong. I've felt that there was something at my core that was defective. I think I've been struggling most of my life to "fix" myself or adapt myself with what I've recently learned is "masking". I've not been very successful with either.

The proverbial sledge hammer I've been using on myself has been slowly turning to a level of self-acceptance I didn't know existed.

I feel a bit bad since I've started to post around without saying at least "hello", but I've honestly never been a big fan of introducing myself. I have to say that I feel glad that I've found this forum tho, I'm only here since such a short time but feel already quite comfy around you guys. I've been diagnosed with Asperger in my early teens but ignored this aspect of my life until several years ago. I felt like I struggled more and more, experienced more meltdowns and felt generally quite miserable. I've started to research some more on my own, and tried to find answers and help. I've been now diagnosed again and can this, along with my own research, was a great relief. Especially when you finally get to hear that you're indeed not guilty of not trying hard enough or any other stuff I had to hear during my life. I guess it's nice to know that I'm quite alright, just different. So yeah, thanks for having me. :)

Hi Im Miagar, 29 yo woman from London who was just minding my business attending regular therapy... only to find the therapist point it out to me (in Week 2) that I'm probably on the spectrum.

The reason I never previously considered it was: I'm confident in myself, quite extroverted among other people, can maintain eye contact and, generally speaking, mask my feelings of social anxiety almost without trace.

It turns out I've spent my life compensating by becoming a student of neurotypicals. Blending in with them has been my unconscious lifelong mission. For that, I feel a bit robbed honestly.

Despite seeming so well-adjusted on the outside, I never managed to maintain long term friendships, long term jobs (basically anything long term that involves people), and depression has instead been my lifelong companion since teenagedom lol.

I joined this forum to hear other people's experiences. My aim is to gradually remove the mask and find my true self.

Love to everyone out there struggling / thriving / anywhere in between ♥️

P.S. My special interests make more sense now and they make me even happier than they did before

Hello my name is Marina I am from the Dominican Republic an island in the Caribbean I came here because I have doubts about my 2 year old if he has autism or not I am an early childhood educator and my son shows most of the autism spectrum disorder symptoms.

Hello!

My name is MJ. I'm an alien. I've been diagnosed with Aspergers just a year ago. I was very ecstatic to get my diagnosis from my clinician. To anyone not sure, please try to schedule a time with a clinician to get a proper diagnosis. It helps to solidify the fact that you have an official diagnosis, people can be very skeptical of Aspergers. Even family members can be doubtful. If someone doesn't support you then do not force them to understand. Find people, in person or on forums, that make you feel shameless.

Additionally, I also have PTSD. For those who face/d trauma, please try to find a counselor. As Aspies, we have a difficult time reigning in our emotions and feel shame from the lack of control. Try your best to find books, articles, blogs, etc to find different perspectives.

Sorry this is long. I'm suppose to introduce myself but I'm not good at that. I have a lot of interests, I'm nonbinary, and asexual. I'm honest and have a hard time holding in my opinions.......And I guess that it :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Hello. I'm Josh. 28M, from Washington State. Probably have HFA as I've had two mental health professionals ask if I'd been evaluated. And I know myself enough to say I may have it.

My obsessions are music and video games, sometimes together. I like learning languages also.

Single and limited experience with relationships. and I have difficulty opening up to people and making eye contact. I don't really have friends.

Hopefully I can talk to some people here and maybe feel at home.

Hi there I am a woman who was diagnosed at 40, I love fashion, beauty and design, since diagnosis I have Leary more about myself than ever before partly due to what’s become obsessive research but also by working on my theory of mind and insight given by NT people who take the time to know me and not just accept my different way of being but like me, battling with anxiety and depression and have been down the path of CBT counselling and antidepressants, currently medication and therapy free and joined here to connect with people, I hope this forum gives you support and understanding

Hello. I'm Josh. 28M, from Washington State. Probably have HFA as I've had two mental health professionals ask if I'd been evaluated. And I know myself enough to say I may have it.

My obsessions are music and video games, sometimes together. I like learning languages also.

Single and limited experience with relationships. and I have difficulty opening up to people and making eye contact. I don't really have friends.

Hopefully I can talk to some people here and maybe feel at home.
Hi Josh i’m new as well wellcome

Hi, um I don’t really
Know what to say. I have Asperger but it’s kind of hidden. Not completely obviously, I am anxious awkward and different then what people would consider behaviour that’s within average.
I don’t like being touched or being to close to people it was thought as a young child I may have adhd but that was discounted. I speak very formally which is probably already apparent.. normal social constructs only partly make sense... I have joint issues as a random aside... but I guess I just wondered what others feel like. As far as I understand there is a huge range of symptoms and within that a huge range of personalities so possible combinations seem infinite... anyway I just wondered... does anyone feel or think like I do?

This post is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin

Okay thank you.
I have trouble with that I will do my best.

QUOTE="Caitlin, post: 678599, member: 24104"]Hi, um I don’t really
Know what to say. I have Asperger but it’s kind of hidden. Not completely obviously, I am anxious awkward and different then what people would consider behaviour that’s within average.
I don’t like being touched or being to close to people it was thought as a young child I may have adhd but that was discounted. I speak very formally which is probably already apparent.. normal social constructs only partly make sense... I have joint issues as a random aside... but I guess I just wondered what others feel like. As far as I understand there is a huge range of symptoms and within that a huge range of personalities so possible combinations seem infinite... anyway I just wondered... does anyone feel or think like I do?[/QUOTE]

How exactly does one introduce oneself properly? Especially with aspergers or autism or anything remotely on the spectrum....
I am honestly asking what the correct way would be/is.
This is something I struggle with, I’m sure others do too...
straight forward standard for this introductory forum would be helpful. As well as direction towards where one might talk about what it’s it they’re focusing on that is not meant for this introductory forum. It would be very helpful, and increase the feelingof inclusion a great deal I think.

Hi, um I don’t really
I don’t like being touched or being to close to people it was thought as a young child I may have adhd but that was discounted. I speak very formally which is probably already apparent.. normal social constructs only partly make sense... I have joint issues as a random aside... but I guess I just wondered what others feel like. As far as I understand there is a huge range of symptoms and within that a huge range of personalities so possible combinations seem infinite... anyway I just wondered... does anyone feel or think like I do?

:) straight forward standard information/instruction

How exactly does one introduce oneself properly? Especially with aspergers or autism or anything remotely on the spectrum....
I am honestly asking what the correct way would be/is.
This is something I struggle with, I’m sure others do too...
straight forward standard for this introductory forum would be helpful. As well as direction towards where one might talk about what it’s it they’re focusing on that is not meant for this introductory forum. It would be very helpful, and increase the feelingof inclusion a great deal I think.

New Threads

Top Bottom