• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello & welcome @Storm Hess .

I dabble in cryptology, too. I am a little better at cryptography than crypto-analysis, but fair at breaking straight ciphers.

Awesome. I like trying to figure out my own methods...I would never implement them in a product though. "Never roll your own." AES 256 CBC is what I used in a previous project. Next project, I will use AES 256 GCM...it has built-in authentication.

I haven't really tried my hand at breaking cyphers, because of my fascination with how it works and what other methods could be used to make it really difficult to crack. Though now that I think about it...that could be a bit of fun as well.

Hi my name is Trenton Matthew Bowes I've been diagnosed with ASD since I was 1 years old. I just need help with controlling my anger. I'm self inflicting and I drink a lot.

Got any ideas.

I tend to exercise and focus that energy toward it. To get the aggression out, I train MMA, using the Century Versys V.SPAR.2 for jiu jitsu, wrestling and striking in my living room. Small area but it works for what it is.

All I have are a few dumbbells and some kettlebells. The kettlebells are versatile and I tend to use them a lot...a 40 pound and two 20 pound.

When I am having a bad day, I make myself focus on creating...whether it's cooking, programming, music, art, etc. I accept my pain and I move through it by express it through a positive medium. That's how I deal with it. Sometimes that's easier said than done, but this is how I do it. Avert the focus and direct it somewhere else. Yes, I get angry, specially when there's sensory overload. Sometimes I hit my fists on the table and lash out...not to hurt anyone, but to make it all stop. The pain i create in my hands averts my attention from the explosion in my head. Also...if you're in a relationship, have a very understanding partner. I was very lucky in this regard. No, it's not all Unicorn f@rts and rainbows, but she has amazing patience and understands what I'm going through.

I hope this gives you something to work with.

Hello, everyone. My name is David.

I am Irish, a college student, and have been officially diagnosed with Asperger's, ADHD, and Dyspraxia since I was seven.

I have come to this forum as a way of discussing with people with similar experiences to me, which is something I don't engage in very often, and as to not simply isolate myself doing nothing all day.

I like to think of myself as friendly so I would like to greet you all.

It is lovely to meet all of you.
Hi David and welcome

Hi what's up guys. Nice to join the forums. Have resisted putting a label on myself for a while. Struggling with common social interactions and misinterpreting people, which is apparently a sign of autism spectrum stuff. Eye contact and body language are frankly a nightmare for this poster. Even being in close proximity to people or looking at/near their face is a challenge. Hard to be treated on equal terms or taken seriously. Hard to talk to seemingly neurotypical people about this stuff.
Anyway haha, hello everyone.
How is everyone's day going?

Hello :). My name is Zach and I was 'diagnosed' with Aspergers last year, I was also told that I hold traits of ADHD. I attend, at the moment, two Autism groups in my area and I'm looking into respite and supported living so that my family get a break from me. I think my family sometimes think of me as a drain and often I get a lot of negative reactions from them. Sometimes they call me names or are mean to me which I don't understand why or what I should do. I live in England as well. I'm looking to make friends and to learn more about Autism and how to combat some of the sensory issues as well :)
Hey Zach, feeling like a drain on others can be tough. Sorry you're going through that. Do people say you're not a drain if you ask them, but you get the opposite impression from them? Do the people who give you a hard time know about your diagnosis?

I'm feeling lost myself. And I love reading fanfiction! I mean its an art form, some fanfictions could honestly be published as books! I'm sorry to hear that you feel you always end up getting taken advantage of. It sounds like you are a magnet for toxic people, which makes me think there must be some qualities about you that draw them in. Like usually, its being a good listener, kindness. You don't deserve to be taken advantage of by others.
Hi Maraisa and Jessica (will you also be notified of this reply?). Just jumping into this reply chain regarding celebrities and fictional characters ("excuse me, barging in" lol). Have you guys ever had issues distinguishing between fictional characters and real people? Or thinking that fictional stories are part of the real world? I've definitely obsessed over fiction/celebrities in the past and have confused them with real acquaintances and relationships. Wondering if this is a common ASD trait.
Sorry for the newbie post dump here. Welcome from a fellow newcomer!

Hii everybody!

I'm Nynke, a 23 year old woman from the Netherlands and I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD like symptoms when I was 15. I joined this forum in order to meet likeminded people and especially to be able to get some advice on communication in relationships with neurotypical partners, nice to meet you all! :)

Oh and PS I am a neuroscience graduate student so I'm amongst other things learning about how autism works on a biochemical level c:

Hello people!

I'm... going to try being Taira.
Self diagnosed, as getting a diagnosis would be detrimental to me at this point in life. I don't know if what I have is asperger's or autism, but I definitely have something more than just being "normal" weird.

I'm not really shy, but I'm bad at introductioms, so I guess that's all you'll get from me right now.

Hi Taira,

To be frank with you I thought how you introduced yourself was pretty neat. The main thing I did get from it is that you’re feeling pretty insecure about at least this part of you and introducing yourself, which is totally fair that takes time. For me I’ve always been okay enough with introducing myself and getting to know total strangers cause I knew I would never meet them again, but the moment it was a new person from school or sports or something I would freak out and not know what to say as I was really afraid and feeling the pressure that what I’d say had consequences for our entire relationship that was to come and I didn’t want to fork that up.
I hope this forum will help you in gaining a bit of confidence in that :)

Hi my name is Trenton Matthew Bowes I've been diagnosed with ASD since I was 1 years old. I just need help with controlling my anger. I'm self inflicting and I drink a lot.

Hi Trenton and welcome to the Forums.

Hii everybody!

I'm Nynke, a 23 year old woman from the Netherlands and I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD like symptoms when I was 15. I joined this forum in order to meet likeminded people and especially to be able to get some advice on communication in relationships with neurotypical partners, nice to meet you all! :)

Oh and PS I am a neuroscience graduate student so I'm amongst other things learning about how autism works on a biochemical level c:

Welkom Hier - er zijn noch andere die nederlands kan praaten

welcome here - there are others who speak Dutch here

How does autism work at a biochemical level? - that sound like an interesting area of exploration.
IF there are some simple introductions to this it might be of general interest to the folks here. However, not all of are graduates in this so Keep is simple - (kiss principle)

Welkom Hier - er zijn noch andere die nederlands kan praaten

welcome here - there are others who speak Dutch here

How does autism work at a biochemical level? - that sound like an interesting area of exploration.
IF there are some simple introductions to this it might be of general interest to the folks here. However, not all of are graduates in this so Keep is simple - (kiss principle)

Ik spreek google translate,

Hello. My name is Marco. I'm 38 year old single man that just found out I'm an undiagnosed Asperger's that slipped through net. I have a good job. I suck at finance, relationships, and making friends. I live at my parents house right now. I believe my parents are too autistic themselves to understand my situation. I guess I need supportive help not judgement

Hello, I like to have my name hidden lol. I'm currently 20 and I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 10.

I grew up in a small rural place in Norway and I never got to make friends with others on the spectrum. Tbh I kinda avoided it in the past but I think I missed out on something now.

I would be happy to get to know someone else like me here. Some of my interests are music, anime and star wars. :)

hello, i'm julianne! i'm 17 (18 in august) and headed to college soon! my girlfriend, who has diagnosed autism, has taught me SO much and has made me wonder if i have it as well. i haven't come to any firm conclusions but we shall see. i'm really interested in studio ghibli, books, and animal crossing, so talk to me if u want!

New Threads

Top Bottom