• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does you Partner Work Offshore or Work Away Regularly?

Lisa Lacertilian

Hi, My partner has taken on a job where he is contracted every 2nd month to work abroad. I have a mixed mind about this as at the beginning I was dreading him going away all of a sudden. This is the third time he has gone away and in the first week of him gone I usually feel great to have my own personal time for just a bit so I can read and watch my "girlie" tv shows. But then because I don't really have any friends or people I can call up and hang out with I get incredibly lonely and down on a regular basis which isn't good for me.

This is what he wants to do and its great experience for his career, but I get the feeling like I can't live this way and question every time if we should just end the relationship even though its going so well.

Is anyone else in a similar situation and how do you cope with this? Does it get easier?

He also can get called away at anytime its quite distressing for me.

Lisa

New Threads

Top Bottom