• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

does this offend you?

Is this name of a barbershop offensive to people suffering from a mental illness do people think? Because I done an online search for definition of headcase and found 'a mentally ill or unstable person' 215076507_3071293479757205_5552454072882195865_n.jpg

It's a light hearted joke, nothing to get riled up about. Who knows, maybe the owner is quirky and called a headcase by their friends?

Looking to find offense in so much doesn't sound fun. Laugh in the face of adversity etc. I take the mick out of my mental health issues all the time.

Ed

when being offended by slang terms is a bit of a slippery slope. The English language has enough formal words that most people cannot agree should be defined as offensive. maybe we all should learn the language of mathematics the only true pure language.

when being offended by slang terms is a bit of a slippery slope. The English language has enough formal words that most people cannot agree should be defined as offensive. maybe we all should learn the language of mathematics the only true pure language.
Are you suggesting I order my coffee in binary or give the barista instructions in differential? Or maybe you just mean to alter our speech patterns? Can you trig that?:p

Just pick your branch, of math there are many I personally, use statistics on this site to make my statements.

How did I miss this topic. I get the people calling me this or that character all the time and every time the character is nothing like me and leaves me completely baffled. It's probably more common than you think for people to insult others like that. I'll also get the people who treat me like I'm a toddler despite not behaving in any immature fashion at all that sometimes leave me doing the ironically "TV character staring at screen in bewilderment" thing followed by a "have a nice day!" as I get them away from me as fast as I can. Why are people like this?

Just pick your branch, of math there are many I personally, use statistics on this site to make my statements.

Math is not the language of love, persuasion, empathy or emotion. It is cold, hard, definite, specific and ultimately useless as a form of human communication other than factoids expressed in numerical equations, formulas, fractions, statistics, etc. ;)

the purpose of language is all about the exchange of information, I expect, t a highly skilled mathmatician , can express love emotion empathy, it is just not any of us. All of nature is mathematics at its root. that is why it is the language of science, even the soft sciences.

But love, beauty, emotions are not science. Humans are not scientific and most of us don't experience life that way.

If you are religious God is the ultimate mathematician. The universe ultimately is constructed from the very ethereal thing called numbers. As is said you are what your made from.

New Threads

Top Bottom