• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SRSAutistic

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on AF would like to be my friend! We can start conversations and chat together. Kindly please 'follow' my profile and I will do the same!

Regards,

SRSAutistic

I'll go for it, if you like.

I'm not always particularly talkative though, depends on my mood at the time. And I tend to have trouble discussing topics that arent within my range of interests.

On a side note, I have no idea what the follow thing does. I'm sure it does something, but... yeah.

I'm always up for talking with anyone who's got some similar interests / obsessions as me, but outside of that I'm boring AF. Maybe if you include some of that stuff you'll find some people who you hit it off with faster

I have no friends, so I would appreciate it if you would 'follow' me. Following someone on the forums allows you to have conversations with them.

I have no friends, so I would appreciate it if you would 'follow' me. Following someone on the forums allows you to have conversations with them.

Actually you dont need to do the follow thing.

If you want to have a conversation with someone, you just send them a direct message.

If you click on someone's name, a bunch of options appear, one of those is "start conversation". You use that to start a conversation via direct messaging. Which is very different from the weird forum profile posts (which have a super tiny word limit).

Once you've sent someone a message they'll see the notification icon the next time they check the site.

So, if there's someone you're interested in talking to, that's the way to go.

Yes, you can start a conversation with someone, it's up to them if they wish to respond.

I'll go for it, if you like.

I'm not always particularly talkative though, depends on my mood at the time. And I tend to have trouble discussing topics that arent within my range of interests.

On a side note, I have no idea what the follow thing does. I'm sure it does something, but... yeah.
I have also always wondered what following someone actually does. I assumed it would give a notification if followed people respond to a topic or make a thread (at least I feel like that's what it is supposed to do), but the only change I noticed once I followed someone is that you could see whether they were online in a separate group on the front page. Does the follow function work as intended @Satal?

New Threads

Top Bottom