• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else enjoy making people feel annoyed?

No kidding there. It's not like OP committed a crime here, and I guess these parts got overlooked:

Look, I'm talking about teasing them. The same thing a little boy would do to a girl he's fond of. Act goofy. Act silly. Not hurting them physically.

What I mean is that I'll sneak up behind them and shock them or touch their face and stuff. I don't mean I deliberately harm them or anything. Also, I don't dislike people. I just can't do it. I just can't dislike nor hate anyone.

If OP has enough sense (and I'm sure he does, if not he'll learn it ;)), he'll know when to cut back on said teasing when it crosses the line.

Last edited:
Was the OP asking for either? Are you in a parental/mentor role?
When someone poses a question like "is anyone else like that," then only yes or no responses would be pretty boring and would defeat the purpose of a forum. If you were in charge around here, what answers would you allow us to provide?

When someone poses a question like "is anyone else like that," then only yes or no responses would be pretty boring and would defeat the purpose of a forum. If you were in charge around here, what answers would you allow us to provide?

Lol, I realize this is an ASD forum and naturally people are bound to get into these kinds of misunderstandings, but it should be self evident that there are a world of options in between "yes or no responses" and pontificating.

Who is pontificating?

Hmmm... This is headed in a pointlessly acerbic direction. I harbor you no ill will and am not interested in any strong accusations or discussing any petty grievances. Your consternation at the OP was understandable, especially given the lack of context.

Let's return to the topic, eh? I have to admit I've derived enjoyment from teasing people and even more from teasing people I'm attracted to. It's natural wanting to stimulate a response from them and also to get their attention.

Lol, I realize this is an ASD forum and naturally people are bound to get into these kinds of misunderstandings, but it should be self evident that there are a world of options in between "yes or no responses" and pontificating.
I'm assuming you didn't read my second post where I clarified that I wasn't aware the OP was 15. I dare say other people's responses would also have been different had they realized.

I'm assuming you didn't read my second post where I clarified that I wasn't aware the OP was 15. I dare say other people's responses would also have been different had they realized.

That's fair, Fitzo. I am definitely guilty of quoting several responses at once and chiming in before reading the whole thread.

Overreacting a bit, people? This sounds like stereotypical schoolyard behavior and it often extends to flirting play amongst adults. People tease each other without any overtly malign, aggressive, or antagonistic intention. Deriving amusement out of probing for different responses from a person you are interested in is perfectly natural.

Sure, it can be taken too far, but Fitzo's question here looks silly. We weren't even given examples, so why the extreme responses, people? You're unfamiliar with incredibly common culture?
I don't think @Chance or @Fitzo wrote extreme responses since they were based entirely on the original post before the OP wrote anything further. In fact @Chance answered the OP's question honestly and his response was constructive in my opinion. After reading the ops later responses @Fitzo's question might have then sounded out of context and I'm unsure whether the op's original post came across in the way it was originally intended, but I think most people would have first concluded that the OP enjoyed aggravating people to get them as mad as possible as that how the post was originally written.

If OP has enough sense (and I'm sure he does, if not he'll learn it ;)), he'll know when to cut back on said teasing when it crosses the line.
From the original post it certainly doesn't sound like the OP knows when it crosses the line when he wrote, "I would bother them until aggravated" and "The madder the are at me, the more I like it". Yes, I agree that the OP toned this down with further explanations later and I hope you're right.

Last edited:
From the original post it certainly doesn't sound like the OP knows when it crosses the line when he wrote, "I would bother them until aggravated" and "The madder the are at me, the more I like it". Yes, I agree that the op toned this down with further explanations later and I hope you're right.

This is a classic example of people on the spectrum being literal minded. Hopefully I can speak for WildCat too inasmuch as the topic itself should have engendered this understanding of the behavior being harmless unless explicitly stated otherwise. The social subtext was hanging there in the air, surely we have all heard about this before, it's a common enough piece of culture to be a stereotype about schoolyard romance.

This is a classic example of people on the spectrum being literal minded. Hopefully I can speak for WildCat too inasmuch as the topic itself should have engendered this understanding of the behavior being harmless unless explicitly stated otherwise. The social subtext was hanging there in the air, surely we have all heard about this before, it's a common enough piece of culture to be a stereotype about schoolyard romance.
If that is the case and most NT people would have interpreted the original post differently, then you might have hit the nail on the head as to why there was so many negative responses and if that is the case I apologise to @ab_dc23 (the OP) for also interpreting it that way.

...From the original post it certainly doesn't sound like the OP knows when it crosses the line when he wrote, "I would bother them until aggravated" and "The madder the are at me, the more I like it". Yes, I agree that the OP toned this down with further explanations later and I hope you're right.

Or maybe not...I could be wrong :eek: just a guess there...

This is not the first time this has happened, there have been plenty of misunderstandings here. Not just here on the forums either...I can see how difficult a situation like this must be for someone on the spectrum, made worse when e.g. you don't get an explanation for certain behaviors and/or you're expected to just "go along with it".

Even worse when you've been through what seems like hell on Earth after repeated negative experiences due to "not getting it", to the point where the slightest offense is magnified and blown way out of proportion. Yeah, I've been there myself and had this been years ago I would have reacted to something like this much differently. Let's just say I'm a work in progress now :)

Many people on the spectrum have been bullied and are extremely sensitive to anything that sounds like bullying or which might remind them of past unpleasant experiences with being teased or bullied. That is why there was such a huge reaction to the original post.

Overreacting a bit, people? This sounds like stereotypical schoolyard behavior and it often extends to flirting play amongst adults. People tease each other without any overtly malign, aggressive, or antagonistic intention. Deriving amusement out of probing for different responses from a person you are interested in is perfectly natural.

Sure, it can be taken too far, but Fitzo's question here looks silly. We weren't even given examples, so why the extreme responses, people? You're unfamiliar with incredibly common culture?

Going by the Original Post: "If I'm attracted to someone or like them a lot as a person, I'll annoy them. It's just, for some reason, I gain a sense of triumph, knowing that I can affect the mood of those I like romantically. I would bother them until they're aggravated. It's a delightful spectacle. The madder they are at me, the more I like it. Is anyone else like that?"

Your second sentence IS its own answer... Many of us have been teased, abused, taunted, used, and this behavior IS NOT what I would consider fun or friendly. Of course I do understand horsing around IF it is mutual... HIS POST NOTED NO SUCH THING. And YES, I am very literal and logical minded, that is part of ASD and I have no option to "lighten up" just with the information given in the post.

If it had of been worded differently, and with some respect projected to the person being the target to annoy, I would have responded differently. But as it is worded I stick with what I wrote...

BUT if I wasn't ASD and not a very literal person by nature (making me an NT) of course I might see it different, but I don't see it like an NT, and I will never see it like an NT, because I'm not one - nor do I want to be one. Faking that crap about got me in a coffin... So respectfully I disagree with you, but do know IF things were worded different and I knew something about this person... It could have equaled a different post. : )

I enjoy annoying my sister, but that's because she and I don't get along most of the time. With others, it's the opposite. I don't want to annoy them at all, even though I sometimes do unintentionally.

You have no idea how close you are to KNOWING something phenomenal. You just typed it out! Its all about "ENERGY." Its all around us we produce it and we consume it... BUT what we give and what we take shapes who we really are... What we dwell on in our heads is the fuel that puts out who we are.

I read this a while back and saved it... Its very informative and it sort of describes the types of people and the energies they put off... Being honest with who I am... I am in the lower middle sector called the "STRUGGLERS and CHANGERS."

http://www.accidentalcreative.com/teams/people-factor/

In what you said, your honesty is refreshing. You said the TRUTH of who you were, but you elevated and no longer need that, or can handle that... So you are growing, not shrinking or failing.

That article is a winner!

Also I do think people are being a bit too harsh on the OP. People playfully tease and annoy each other all the time without it being malicious. Of course there's a limit to it, but it's usually just harmless if both people are fine with it.

Also I do think people are being a bit too harsh on the OP. People playfully tease and annoy each other all the time without it being malicious. Of course there's a limit to it, but it's usually just harmless if both people are fine with it.

Yes, and I'm also only 15, keep in mind. I do this to my peers at school, tease them and such, just like all kids do.

Going by the Original Post: "If I'm attracted to someone or like them a lot as a person, I'll annoy them. It's just, for some reason, I gain a sense of triumph, knowing that I can affect the mood of those I like romantically. I would bother them until they're aggravated. It's a delightful spectacle. The madder they are at me, the more I like it. Is anyone else like that?"
I'm also only 15, keep in mind. I do this to my peers at school, tease them and such, just like all kids do. I don't mean hurt them, just surprise them and such. Plus, I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers, just wanted to know if the tendency for playful teasing this is common among Aspies.

I'm also only 15, keep in mind. I do this to my peers at school, tease them and such, just like all kids do. I don't mean hurt them, just surprise them and such. Plus, I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers, just wanted to know if the tendency for playful teasing this is common among Aspies.

New Threads

Top Bottom