• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else enjoy making people feel annoyed?

ab_dc23

If I'm attracted to someone or like them a lot as a person, I'll annoy them. It's just, for some reason, I gain a sense of triumph, knowing that I can affect the mood of those I like romantically. I would bother them until they're aggravated. It's a delightful spectacle. The madder they are at me, the more I like it. Is anyone else like that?

Update: I'm also only 15, keep in mind. I do this to my peers at school, tease them and such, just like all kids do. I don't mean hurt them, just surprise them and such, to get their attention. Plus, I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers, just wanted to know if the tendency for playful teasing this is common among Aspies.

Last edited:
Not in any way, form, shape, or fashion...
I would rather risk my life to help someone, than to EVER make their life any harder than it is.

If thats what you like then cool, but where is there any logic in doing that?
Isn't that just begging for others to not like you?

Maybe a lot of people find this as some form of amusement, but to me this world is hard enough without being one adding to the confusion.

If I'm attracted to someone or like them a lot as a person, I'll annoy them. It's just, for some reason, I gain a sense of triumph, knowing that I can affect the mood of those I like romantically. I would bother them until they're aggravated. It's a delightful spectacle. The madder they are at me, the more I like it. Is anyone else like that?
How's that working out for you so far?

If that's how you treat people you like.......how do you treat those you don't like?

How's that working out for you so far?

If that's how you treat people you like.......how do you treat those you don't like?

What I mean is that I'll sneak up behind them and shock them or touch their face and stuff. I don't mean I deliberately harm them or anything. Also, I don't dislike people. I just can't do it. I just can't dislike nor hate anyone.

Nope, that's pretty much the opposite of me. I would NEVER annoy or antagonize people on purpose. Whether I like them or not.

What I mean is that I'll sneak up behind them and shock them or touch their face and stuff. I don't mean I deliberately harm them or anything. Also, I don't dislike people. I just can't do it. I just can't dislike nor hate anyone.
Hate is a very strong emotion and I don't think I could say there's anyone I hate. But dislike is a whole different ball game. I've never met anyone who can say they like absolutely everybody!

Not at all, but thank you, because you have given me insight to my thoroughly annoying NT husband, who is exactly like this. He says: if I wind you up, I like you and oh boy, he makes me want to hit him!

I am completely the opposite, because I dread making people uncomfortable.

Nope, that's pretty much the opposite of me. I would NEVER annoy or antagonize people on purpose. Whether I like them or not.

I’m similar although I have had lots of accidents in that regard.

Although I do employ a high risk strategy.

But am happy to apologise mostly, and I do worry about causing offence. Yet the strategy is ‘me’ really so can’t imagine not doing it.

No, definitely not. There's a name for that kind of thing - bullying. That's the kind of thing that made my life hell when I was a kid.

Not for enjoyment but i remember :

When i was experimenting with using tones of voice.
Someone would ask me a question.
I would give a helpful answer but in the wrong tone.
They would get annoyed and not hear the answer.

I didn't really want to go 100% with treating people like scientific experiments but lets just say i had to learn somehow :)

i dont annoy people on purpose, but i do get a sense of triumph sometimes. and ill get another one if i have won. i can get a huge amount of energy this way, enough to keep me topped up for days, or, rarely, months.

i used to annoy people on purpose, but i dont do it anymore, because i wouldn't win all the time, and its a huge expense on myself, emotionally and mentally. its way better to be nice.

It's can occasionally be okay to "play somebody up" when there's a mutual joke and BOTH sides find it amusing as long as you're careful not to take it too far which is something us aspies aren't always the best at judging, but I don't think it's a good idea to seriously annoy someone purposely where they could become genuinely angry or irritate, I definitely wouldn't do this and in fact I don't even go out of my way to annoy people I don't like. Unfortunately however I often annoy NTs and they usually end up complaining about my traits, or I don't even know what I did wrong, but the big difference is it's never intentional despite being wrongfully accused of doing it on purpose on numerous occasions.

It's not very healthy to do this to anyone including a partner or potential partner, although there is a certain type of person who is for some reason attracted to this in the some way, it's very negative and is only likely to cause issues. Perhaps you enjoy doing it because you've felt so weak in the past while being unable to read people that it's feels good to actually be in control of someone else's emotions at last and to be able to observe it? It's not a healthy thing to do however and I would do my utmost to try to stop yourself if you possibly can. If you really want to control someone else's emotions please try to do it in a positive way instead, E.g. make them happy, delighted or even make them laugh in a good way.

Best of luck! :)

Last edited:
i dont annoy people on purpose, but i do get a sense of triumph sometimes. and ill get another one if i have won. i can get a huge amount of energy this way, enough to keep me topped up for days, or, rarely, months.

i used to annoy people on purpose, but i dont do it anymore, because i wouldn't win all the time, and its a huge expense on myself, emotionally and mentally. its way better to be nice.

You have no idea how close you are to KNOWING something phenomenal. You just typed it out! Its all about "ENERGY." Its all around us we produce it and we consume it... BUT what we give and what we take shapes who we really are... What we dwell on in our heads is the fuel that puts out who we are.

I read this a while back and saved it... Its very informative and it sort of describes the types of people and the energies they put off... Being honest with who I am... I am in the lower middle sector called the "STRUGGLERS and CHANGERS."

http://www.accidentalcreative.com/teams/people-factor/

In what you said, your honesty is refreshing. You said the TRUTH of who you were, but you elevated and no longer need that, or can handle that... So you are growing, not shrinking or failing.

what consequences!!!! have you experienced?
Well for sadists it's cause and effect. Eventually it will catch up to them if they don't find a healthy outlet or find why it makes them feel good and change it. For the receivers, could leave psychological or emotional damage. As we're all aware of already with all the co-morbidity.

I'm curious, @ab_dc23. What percentage of those people eventually stop liking you back? I'm guessing 100%.

New Threads

Top Bottom