• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else enjoy making people feel annoyed?

If I'm attracted to someone or like them a lot as a person, I'll annoy them. It's just, for some reason, I gain a sense of triumph, knowing that I can affect the mood of those I like romantically. I would bother them until they're aggravated. It's a delightful spectacle. The madder they are at me, the more I like it. Is anyone else like that?

Update: I'm also only 15, keep in mind. I do this to my peers at school, tease them and such, just like all kids do. I don't mean hurt them, just surprise them and such, to get their attention. Plus, I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers, just wanted to know if the tendency for playful teasing this is common among Aspies.
You say you do it until they are aggravated - that is a form of hurting them, not just surprising them or getting their attention. You get their attention by saying "hello". You can surprise them with gifts or other things they enjoy. Aggravating them so that you can feel good is not "playful" teasing. I myself cannot get teasing right - what I think is playful is what others find annoying, so I have try to remember not to do it. I cannot get it "right" so that there's mutual fun, just as I can't really tell jokes right to make people laugh, and I can't use sarcasm just to be witty/funny, instead I sound very angry or something. It is possible also that you are subconsciously working out inner aggression through such "teasing". I think that's something I would do a lot as a child, and possibly might do sometimes to my husband - which I need to stop.

I'm also only 15, keep in mind. I do this to my peers at school, tease them and such, just like all kids do. I don't mean hurt them, just surprise them and such. Plus, I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers, just wanted to know if the tendency for playful teasing this is common among Aspies.
I wouldn't call this schoolyard behavior or normal for "kids" that are 15 - I think this kind of teasing could be quite immature, more for gradeschool than your age, and definitely not any older. I think my form of "teasing" (which I try not to do, lol) is very immature for my age.

You say you do it until they are aggravated - that is a form of hurting them, not just surprising them or getting their attention. You get their attention by saying "hello". You can surprise them with gifts or other things they enjoy. Aggravating them so that you can feel good is not "playful" teasing. I myself cannot get teasing right - what I think is playful is what others find annoying, so I have try to remember not to do it. I cannot get it "right" so that there's mutual fun, just as I can't really tell jokes right to make people laugh, and I can't use sarcasm just to be witty/funny, instead I sound very angry or something. It is possible also that you are subconsciously working out inner aggression through such "teasing". I think that's something I would do a lot as a child, and possibly might do sometimes to my husband - which I need to stop.

Let me give an example. At my high school, we're allowed to use our phones and listen to music before the morning announcements. When we had to stand up for the pledge of allegiance, this girl who sat next to me didn't turn her music off. She had earbuds, and half of the class could hear her pop music coming from the earbuds. It made me laugh so hard that I couldn't say the pledge of allegiance. That's the type of stuff I find funny. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

ab-dc23...It's all good, do your thing... You owe me no explanation and thank you for trying to explain. However, your last few sentences still have me thrown... ( It's a delightful spectacle. The madder they are at me, the more I like it. Is anyone else like that?") This tells me you are really bad with words, or trying to wiggle out of a situation. It doesn't matter to me either way...

I wish I could get on the same page with you... I also have to wonder... You stated you "are not diagnosed with Asperger's"??? Do you think you have it?

My guess is NO you probably do not, but I could be horribly wrong. But if not, If that were not to be the case, then why would a forum like this amaze you so much?

I'm still just trying to make this whole thing have a little logic... Haven't been able to find much of it in your answers (which are fine by the way)... Just a real big contrast in how I think I suppose.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy your style of fun and I hope you find people who will tolerate it. To go around purposely angering people (your words basically)... Is a real easy way to find yourself in a very lonely place in a world that really don't care. Good luck to you buddy. I bet you will mature and look back and see what a waste of time that was to do that to people. Plus there is also cause and effect... but thats a universe away from what this is all about. : )

Let me give an example. At my high school, we're allowed to use our phones and listen to music before the morning announcements. When we had to stand up for the pledge of allegiance, this girl who sat next to me didn't turn her music off. She had earbuds, and half of the class could hear her pop music coming from the earbuds. It made me laugh so hard that I couldn't say the pledge of allegiance. That's the type of stuff I find funny. I'm still laughing thinking about it.
Why are you giving examples? Are you trying to get us to tell you that whatever you are doing is okay? Are you trying to seek our help in stopping or trying to understand what you are doing and why? No offense (seriously, not being facetious), I see no point in analyzing or discussing your example. You've already heard our opinions about your issue/problem. Maybe someone else will want to discuss "that time you found that thing so funny".

Why are you giving examples? Are you trying to get us to tell you that whatever you are doing is okay? Are you trying to seek our help in stopping or trying to understand what you are doing and why? No offense (seriously, not being facetious), I see no point in analyzing or discussing your example. You've already heard our opinions about your issue/problem. Maybe someone else will want to discuss "that time you found that thing so funny".

I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers. But I guess I'm bad with words. I've heard that children with Aspergers have a hard time understanding social cues or others' feelings, so I thought this may be one of the manifestations of it for me.

I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers. But I guess I'm bad with words. I've heard that children with Aspergers have a hard time understanding social cues or others' feelings, so I thought this may be one of the manifestations of it for me.

Maybe... I know that "the experts" say, there are really extroverted people out there. My Boss's son has Aspergers and ADHD (bad)... He isn't so much an extrovert as it is that he talks very loud and in a very mind shaking monotone rumble. He might be considered and extrovert, until something trips him up and he shuts down... He's a great kid, but wow at the voice on that kid. I have hyperacusis which is really painful with certain tones... He knows how to hit most of them in one sentence.

As for your questions on having Aspergers... Maybe go online and just take a free assessment for Asperger's and that might give you some more insight to what you are feeling and trying to find out... Most are free, some are click bait. But that truly might help you understand how you are feeling, and also you might see a lot of things we feel in that also... : )

Maybe... I know that "the experts" say, there are really extroverted people out there. My Boss's son has Aspergers and ADHD (bad)... He isn't so much an extrovert as it is that he talks very loud and in a very mind shaking monotone rumble. He might be considered and extrovert, until something trips him up and he shuts down... He's a great kid, but wow at the voice on that kid. I have hyperacusis which is really painful with certain tones... He knows how to hit most of them in one sentence.

As for your questions on having Aspergers... Maybe go online and just take a free assessment for Asperger's and that might give you some more insight to what you are feeling and trying to find out... Most are free, some are click bait. But that truly might help you understand how you are feeling, and also you might see a lot of things we feel in that also... : )

Bad idea, if you suspect you're Aspie, go and see your Doctor and get an OFFICIAL diagnosis, and then if you need to you can get access to more help from your government with benefits and allegedly, employment, although I'm still on a "waiting list" for the employment course from the Socials!

I wouldn't necessarily say that I intend to annoy people, but I definitely find myself uncontrollably doing things that annoy people out of personal enjoyment. It sucks, because it pushes people that I like away from, but it's just darn near impossible to stop.

I've had this happen to me, but i wouldn't say i wanted to annoy others. It was more like something i couldn't control. It be a bit like a meltdown where i felt locked inside my head, but i was still feeling really happy. I couldn't stop being obnoxious whenever i was in public, and i just wanted to shut myself down but couldn't. My class hated me and i felt horrible about it, but the minute i got overwhelmed i just had to start info-dumping and doing anything i could to be annoying. However, i do like pulling harmless pranks on others, like hiding thier things and moving them back when they notice the items are gone, or popping up behind people to freak them out, or messing with their music playlists by leaving humourous messages through the song titles. Just harmless, non-malovolent ways of messing with others.

I've had this happen to me, but i wouldn't say i wanted to annoy others. It was more like something i couldn't control. It be a bit like a meltdown where i felt locked inside my head, but i was still feeling really happy. I couldn't stop being obnoxious whenever i was in public, and i just wanted to shut myself down but couldn't. My class hated me and i felt horrible about it, but the minute i got overwhelmed i just had to start info-dumping and doing anything i could to be annoying. However, i do like pulling harmless pranks on others, like hiding thier things and moving them back when they notice the items are gone, or popping up behind people to freak them out, or messing with their music playlists by leaving humourous messages through the song titles. Just harmless, non-malovolent ways of messing with others.
I really feel this. I just get in this state where I have to, in some way, bother or mess with people. It's mostly harmless and I don't intend to make them mad, but it's this childlike erratic behavior that I can't control. I need to release it from me in some way.

I know this was posted 2 year's ago, but only just seen it.

Not at all. I hate the thought of annoying anyone, let alone anyone I like. Suffering from paranoia, I am always worried that I have annoyed someone with over talking.

When I was 10-11 I developed a habit of intentionally annoying other kids, but that was because it got reactions from them and adults and was the only way I could get attention. It wasn't because I was trying to be mean. Now I don't annoy anyone on purpose and feel really bad if I annoy someone, and I try to avoid negative attention.

I’m too old for that crap & I already am unintentionally annoying, so no.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this when I was a kid. Teased, liked getting attention, didn't know when to stop so it caused parents to tell their kids to not be around me.

Old thread I know, OP has not been here in over 2 years.

This is no way in the world a common thing among aspies, and I find it very disturbing.

Too many adults tell girls that if a boy teases or harasses her, it means he likes her. That's a load of succotash. If it were true it would mean nearly all the boys in junior high school liked me. But they didn't, and the feeling was mutual. They made my life miserable and I hated them. I hated every day I had to be at school. After a couple of years I developed awful anxiety and missed a lot of school. If you tease and harass other kids because you "like" them, you're a bully. And you're giving out the message that harassment or even abuse is a "normal" part of a relationship.:rage:

New Threads

Top Bottom