• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anybody else get nauseous, when they are really tired?

jay.dee

I've noticed that when I'm extremely tired, and in the middle of having to finish whatever it is that I'm doing. to the point to were i have to find a bed, run to lay down, because I'm so exhausted. I tend to be really nauseous, forcing me to run to lay down.

Are you sure that your sudden fatigue doesn’t have something to do with also being hungry or malnourished? Hunger can certainly cause nausea, too.

Sensory overload and/or anxiety are known to cause me nausea. For example, I have a long journey, that can make me physically sick.

Are you sure that your sudden fatigue doesn’t have something to do with also being hungry or malnourished? Hunger can certainly cause nausea, too.
its a possibility, but it also has happens an hour after I'm done eating. maybe dehydration, since I don't eat when I drink?

maybe dehydration, since I don't eat when I drink?
Maybe. I think dehydration is always important to consider.

Anxiety, too, is very much involved with the gastrointestinal system, so it could be anxiety as you described it coming on when you are trying to finish a task but already burnt out on it.

I used to get this, and I know this is common with night-shift workers. When I did my first night-shift at my old job, I started to feel really nauseous after the first night. Other people told me the exact same thing, they got nauseous/sick after their first night-shift as well. I think I eventually adapted though, since any time I stay up all night now, I don't feel sick.

As a type 2 diabetic recently put on insulin I am learning how to titrate my dose. Insulin before strenuous exercise and without extra carbs and I have gone hypoglycemic. Mental confusion, cold sweats, some nausea. Recovering from this left me feeling exhausted. I am learning to avoid this.

I used to, but my habits at the time were really horrible... and they were usually to blame for me being so tired ;)

With that said, if I've underslept even by a few hours I'm pretty much wrecked. I won't remember anything, probably won't eat anything, and will get seriously confused like I have temporary dementia. I (probably incorrectly) blame ASD for this, as it could be caused by many other things, but all I know is that quality sleep dictates way too much for my nervous system that NTs will never believe me about.

I get nauseous when I'm tired sometimes. Usually it's toward the end of the third night in a row of sleeping four hours or less.

It cures easily when I'm able to get some sleep.

I don't know if that's related to your situation or not but maybe all you need is to get more rest.

I get nauseous when I'm tired sometimes. Usually it's toward the end of the third night in a row of sleeping four hours or less.

It cures easily when I'm able to get some sleep.

I don't know if that's related to your situation or not but maybe all you need is to get more rest.
ya i have to monitor my sleep, but i also have fibromyalgia now. so that makes me tired a lot. so when I'm tired I've noticed that I'm really nauseous every time. then i realized it was like that when i was younger before I ever got Fibromyalgia. I'm just wondering if I'm alone, that's experiencing this. :)

Yes. Poor sleep and the following tiredness for sure can make me so nauseous that I end up vomiting even. Also lights, sounds and smells get super overwhelming when I'm that tired which causes nausea as well. It's like a real bad hangover.

ya i have to monitor my sleep, but i also have fibromyalgia now. so that makes me tired a lot. so when I'm tired I've noticed that I'm really nauseous every time. then i realized it was like that when i was younger before I ever got Fibromyalgia. I'm just wondering if I'm alone, that's experiencing this. :)
Is it interfering with your daily routine? It could be more serious than it first appears. My sister-in-law has sleep narcolepsy. It bothered her for years before she was able to get it diagnosed.

New Threads

Top Bottom