• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you thrive on or avoid drama?

I hate conflict but love adventure.

Fixing the car today went terribly wrong. No frustration. Car now runs.
Ordering new boots? Frustration.

Avoid and live a quiet life until someone creates it and I can't avoid it.
Have to put up with it sometimes, but, it really stresses me out.

Hate drama and where there is drama, I do all I can to keep away from it. Confuses me and makes me feel so out of control.

When drama occurs, I tend to cut off communication and it takes me a while to settle my disquietening thoughts.

Ok, to fess up. I love watching Korean dramas, so it seems a contradiction in term lol

I prefer it on TV and reading it online. I don't like to be involved in it. It stresses me out.

This. Though drama seems to find me (I guess I get involved with the wrong people) and I get caught up in it or worse, blamed for it, on occasion.

I do enjoy reading about other peoples' drama, which I suspect I probably shouldn't. It's entertaining in a depraved sort of way. Though I'm definitely not alone in that, there's an entire section of the entertainment industry built up around it.

I enjoy watching it go down, because I am entertained by people getting all riled up about stupid, trivial little things. However, I avoid getting into drama myself. I am just the guy sitting on the sidelines with popcorn.

I would like things to be less dramatic. The world is just too dramatic as it is. I'm so sick of the current obsession with race and politics and police brutality and gender and covid 19. People won't stop talking about it and it makes my brain hurt. And *I'm* the one with strange, unnatural obsessions?

People drama I avoid. But I define drama as displays without real cause. Actual intense events do not bother me, and I engage in them when they occur.

I say people drama, because all 4 of my Chihuahuas are little drama queens, and that I find amusing.

I would like things to be less dramatic. The world is just too dramatic as it is. I'm so sick of the current obsession with race and politics and police brutality and gender and covid 19. People won't stop talking about it and it makes my brain hurt. And *I'm* the one with strange, unnatural obsessions?

Exactly-- Well put.

I avoid it. Grew up in alcoholic family. still live with trigger tempers and moody people. I hate drama and people who look for fights, noise, and attention seekers. Silence and solitude -- i like to think and read.

I avoid it like it's a toxic gas. My childhood was very chaotic and dramatic due to a sibling of mine who had epic meltdowns and the extremely emotionally charged reactions my Dad had to them. I developed a PTSD from those experiences.

Oftentimes when that kind of thing (living with drama/chaos) happens a person will be wired to crave drama the rest of their lives. That sibling of mine grew up craving drama and creating it if it's not there. I grew up the opposite and run from it.

Originally in my adult life I felt guilty not participating on people's drama. I don't feel guilty any longer. I don't engage or get sucked into people's drama at all. I refuse.

My life is very regimented and I avoid drama in my personal life. (Ditto on the doomscrolling, though I see this as a sort of coping mechanism rather than thriving.)

However, I am great in a crisis, and am slowly and methodically pursuing schooling and licensure as a therapist.

So, avoid, except if it's the job.

New Threads

Top Bottom