• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think I am autistic ?

A the out showing symptoms is considerably different between boys and girl . Boys is more out showing and direct so to say so its easier to notice this things. Whereas girls are more subtle in there display of said symptoms and therefore less visible (in my case it took until i got i think 30 (latest evaluation ) before they found out i had ASD as well (obviously i had it from birth but they just hadent discovered it before )

I realize that the display can be different between males and females based on socialization. It could be that girls are able to mask it better than boys can and so it is more difficult to diagnose. However, I believe that age has more impact than the sex someone is when considering a diagnosis. As we grow older, we are forced to adapt and so signs become more subtle. I'm a male and autism was never detected by professionals until I figured it out myself in more recent years and requested an evaluation to confirm it.

B NPD Neurological Psychological Disorders is HIGHLY individual so its therefore as i said harder for even us diagnosed to determan if someone indeed or dont have ASD hence i always suggest see a professional to get evaluated . If this is not possible than yes id say some significant ASD traits are indeed showing in Meza HOWEVER as i as i aid only a professional NSD evaluation can properly determain if a NSD diagnose is the case or not and what cind

In no way am I trying to diagnose someone here. I am only stating which of the behaviors the OP listed I think could be related to ASD. Indeed, there are so many variables to consider that it is impossible for someone to be diagnosed from a forum post. Either 1) an individual connects the dots for themselves or 2) a professional recognizes it.

C its not uncommon to have multiple diagnosis either (infact there is more or less the norm to have utliest two or more) so there may be some added diagnosis to this as well

That's what I meant when I said co-occuring.

"dragstone, post: 576428, member: 21404"]I realize that the display can be different between males and females based on socialization. It could be that girls are able to mask it better than boys can and so it is more difficult to diagnose. However, I believe that age has more impact than the sex someone is when considering a diagnosis. As we grow older, we are forced to adapt and so signs become more subtle. I'm a male and autism was never detected by professionals until I figured it out myself in more recent years and requested an evaluation to confirm it.

" To some degree i agree with you but the fact still lies that females show and have different problems and indicators altogether then males (it was actually believed along time that only males could have ASD before they actually find out the difference in how the two genders displayed altogether) "

In no way am I trying to diagnose someone here. I am only stating which of the behaviors the OP listed I think could be related to ASD. Indeed, there are so many variables to consider that it is impossible for someone to be diagnosed from a forum post. Either 1) an individual connects the dots for themselves or 2) a professional recognizes it.

Oh i never ment to amply you did Dragstone nor that you were infact al wrong. I agree with you dear there are some clear indicators of possible ASD as well as other diagnosis fore example ADHD

That's what I meant when I said co-occuring.

" A sorry about that then my bad"

New Threads

Top Bottom