• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you read trivial facts from IMDb ?

GoofKing

All your bases are belong to us
Do you ever find yourself reading the trivial section of a movie/series on IMDb ? For example, I liked this trivial information from the article on the old cartoon, The Real Ghostbuster:

"
Lorenzo Music first supplied the voice for Peter Venkman who was played by Bill Murrayin the films. Reportedly, Murray did not like that his character sounded like Garfield and the producers replaced Music with Dave Coulier. Music did provide the voice of Garfield until his death. Bill Murray later supplied the voice for Garfield in Garfield (2004).

Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters films, he auditioned to voice the character on the cartoon, but the role instead went to Arsenio Hall.

Maurice LaMarche was unable to come up with the right voice for Egon from his usual repertory of voices, so he decided to simply do an impersonation of Harold Ramis. This led Bill Murray to comment that "Harold's guy sounds like him, I sound like Garfield."

Frank Welker later replaced Lorenzo Music as the voice of Garfield.
"

I always though that Bill Murray did the voice of Garfield from the 80's cartoon XD

The trivia section is the most looked up section by me whenever I watched a movie. And I'm somewhat disappointed if there's not a lot of trivia on movies.

But I'm interested in trivia in general. Trivia on music albums, movies, games. Similarly, I probably get more excited about commentary tracks on dvd/blu ray than I get by the actual audio of the movie. And obviously, I go through all the extra's the add on a disc.

I do look up most of the films I am watching, along with biographies of all the cast. I need to know everything.

Thought it was only me!

LOL...Trivial facts from IMDB? I'm one of them. Found out by accident one time.

Apparently over a few of the websites I created many years ago. But their information was really lacking in terms of my portfolio. But yeah, I love to read about movie trivia. IMDB or anyone else for that matter. I especially like when American Movie Channel gives little tidbits during an actual film. :)

The trivia section is the most looked up section by me whenever I watched a movie. And I'm somewhat disappointed if there's not a lot of trivia on movies.

But I'm interested in trivia in general. Trivia on music albums, movies, games. Similarly, I probably get more excited about commentary tracks on dvd/blu ray than I get by the actual audio of the movie. And obviously, I go through all the extra's the add on a disc.

I remember getting into director's commentary when I got both Ghost-busters movies on DVD :D There's also interesting trivial information on IMDb that I've never heard on the commentary audio lol

I do look up most of the films I am watching, along with biographies of all the cast. I need to know everything.

Thought it was only me!

Naw, I love trivial stuff :D I used to think the same way where I though that I was the only one who did something but the more I talked to members on here the more I realized that a lot of other Aspies do some of the same things I do.... I know what that's like to have the need to know everything on a subject :)

LOL...Trivial facts from IMDB? I'm one of them. Found out by accident one time.

Apparently over a few of the websites I created many years ago. But their information was really lacking in terms of my portfolio. But yeah, I love to read about movie trivia. IMDB or anyone else for that matter. I especially like when American Movie Channel gives little tidbits during an actual film. :)

Remember when VH1 used to have that pop-up video thingy where trivial facts would pop up during the music video ? I think VH1 Classic still does this ...

Oh yeah--I LOVE IMDb trivia! Before I even discovered the IMDb back in '97 or so, I had stumbled across a plain text file that compiled all the trivia entered in the database at the time, and it was an awesome read! Yes, it was small enough back then that you could have a single text file encompass the entire trivia section.

I noticed the Lorenzo Music/Bill Murray connection myself, and I thought it was hilarious when I heard he was doing Garfield. I also enjoy that Garfield's singing voice was Lou Rawls.

There's a joke in Zombieland about Bill Murray regretting taking the role of Garfield in the movie. What really happened, I've heard, is that Murray heard that Joel Cohen was involved, but he thought that it was Joel Coen of the Coen brothers. Otherwise, Murray is very selective about his roles.

On a tangentially related note (speaking of Lorenzo Music), the Garfield Halloween Special is freaking terrifying!

I think the funniest bit of movie trivia I ever heard about was Dustin Hoffman recalling his experience in the film, "Marathon Man". Where Hoffman was to be tortured by Sir Laurence Olivier who played a sadistic former concentration camp dentist.

Hoffman being a method actor, thought it prudent to spend the prior 24 hours completely awake so as to make the scene look plausible as he was supposed to appear exhausted from being tortured. Of course what happened was that Hoffman was so exhausted he had trouble even doing his own lines.

When off camera he mistakenly lamented his error to Sir Laurence who suggested, "My boy, when you have to act, just ACT!" :p

Clearly Sir Laurence was NOT a method actor. It was a humbling experience for Hoffman, a great actor in his own right.

I remember reading something somewhere that a lot of the lines from the Ghostbuster movie wasn't even scripted and whats-that-word-i'm-thinking-of ... well adlibed I guess you could call it lol

In fact I think Harold Ramis had to change Dan's original idea about the Ghostbusters XD

I don't generally do the trivia part (sometimes, though), but I always find myself playing the "where have I seen that actor before" game. I drive my husband nuts with it. Basically, I'm really good at recognizing faces, and to a lesser extent voices, but I can't always place them, and it bugs me. So I'm always looking stuff up. I end up with my own trivia, like this:

The actress who played Rogue in the X-Men movies (Anna Paquin) plays Sookie Stackhouse in HBO's True Blood.
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian's Trumpkin is Game of Thrones's Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage; that one's kind of creepy to me, because of the contrast)
(though this one's worse) Leonidas' wife, Queen Gorgo (300), is Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones (Lena Headey), she's also Sara Conner in The Sara Conner Chronicles
Ian Somerhalder, who played Boon on Lost, plays Damon on The Vampire Diaries

Stuff like that.

I drive my husband bonkers with it, because I'm always looking people up on IMDB.

New Threads

Top Bottom