• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you look your age?

It's always frustrated me that people have always thought I was much younger than I was. It keeps you from fitting in (aside from the autism) with your age group.

I've always appeared older than I am or feel. Never had a store checker card me- ever. Even when they should have...lol. At least these days I get my senior discounts more often than not. :p

Could be your Judge's wig that mate :p

People tell me that I look younger than my age. I attribute it to my fanatical insistence on wearing sunscreen every day. Sun causes wrinkles, dark spots, skin aging, and skin cancer so I avoid sunshine on my face. The backs of my hands have a lot of "age spots", mostly from sun exposure while driving cars, but I wash my hands so often that it would be a waste to put sunscreen on them.

I look a lot older than I am because I am really tall. I was in Wal-Mart the other day with my Grandma, and she saw her friend there. She got her friend to guess my age, nd she guessed 16. I'm 13, and when you're my age 3 years is a big gap

I'm genuinely convinced that, unless they have asked, people generally either guess me to be at least five years younger than I really am, or that I don't physically age. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't really wear makeup, though.

I look a lot older than I am because I am really tall. I was in Wal-Mart the other day with my Grandma, and she saw her friend there. She got her friend to guess my age, nd she guessed 16. I'm 13, and when you're my age 3 years is a big gap

When I was in my early 20s, it was probably only my height that stopped me from looking like a preteen.

I’m 18 and regulary get mistaken for a 12 year old super annoying but can be useful for getting discounts at swimming pools, shows, restaurants etc.

It depends on a day. When I smile on a good day, I'm told I look younger. On bad days I feel and look older.

I've had people say I look 10-15 years younger than my actual age. I've also seen people unsurprised by my age. I used to care. Nowadays I try not to.

When I was in my teens I looked a lot younger than I was. I also hated people thinking I was a child still. When I was already with my husband (so I must have been at least 23) I got sold a junior (under 16) ticket to a theme park and took it of course because it was cheaper. Nowadays I got a couple of wrinkles and so people estimate me to be 5-10 years younger. I still get carded even though every time it happens I assume it will be the last time (I'm 34).

I... have no bloody idea how old people think I look? Well, I *think* there's the impression of being younger than I am, but... I dont know for sure? I could be wrong, maybe they think I'm older than I am. I'm *bad* at determining someone's age by looking at them, so naturally I dont know what impression I myself give off.

I look like this:

(EDIT: So apparently posting a self-photo is bad, somehow. Here I'd forgotten about the bloody thing. Fine, rather than trigger anyone ELSE, I'll just take it down.)

Awful photo but I'm too freaking lazy to take another one. I aint exactly much of a photographer anyway.

So that's the question, what age do I seem to be, based on appearance?

Last edited:
37 in a couple of months, actually. Interesting.

So, it seems though alot of people on the spectrum look younger than they actually are? This isnt the first time I've heard of this though it's not really something I've ever looked into. I wonder if it's a genuine trait related to autism, or if it's just coincidence?

I don't know...
cow-2896329_1280_1534981470319.jpg

Attachments

• cow-2896329_1280_1534981470319.jpg
    cow-2896329_1280_1534981470319.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom