• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you look your age?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Personally I don't think I look in my early '40s, but my philosophy on that is as long as I look old enough to get served in the Pub and buy Bottles of Whisky from Tesco for Dad's birthday and stuff, I'm not that bothered.

Although I did get questioned in Tesco last year and I was like, you what? The woman on the Checkout knew me from when I worked in another Supermarket on placement from College 20 years previous so I'm definitely over 25 and look it IMO.

Anyway, if you're 30 or 40 odd, or even younger, do you look your age?

People think I am 10 to 15 years younger than I am and I want it to stay that way, as I plan on working clear on into my 80s or 90s.

Age matters when one is in the workforce. It’s harder to get hired, it’s harder to keep up with changes, technology, etc. The body does not have the endurance it once did. Grey hairs, wrinkles, bad backs, arthritis, etc all can greatly affect one’s ability to work, or even pass the scrutiny or hiring managers barely out of college. Since self sufficiency is the most valued thing I have in life, yes, age does matter very much.

Ok i need to correct myself here, just for myself - age as a number is just a number for me

I had someone mistake me for being a 20 year old last week and I had to explain to them that I haven't been 20 in almost 15 years lol

Not a long time ago, people have mistaken me for being about 10 years older and assumed i was a university student.
The sad part is that it's not only my looks, but also that my parents never really allowed be to be a kid.

Last edited:
I have found through my life, that the male of the species tends to think that he looks younger than he is and often disgraces himself by chasing young females.

These men do not see the balding heads and paunches that give their age away pretty quickly.

I used to look younger than I was. Now, especially with my scruffy beard and prematurely greying hair, I look older than I am.

the way i look never really bothered me, but i've been told that i look younger than my actual age.

once when i went to cinema and asked for a ticket, the lady gave me a discount ticket- she probably assumed that i was still a kid

it kind of confused me at first, but then i was happy that i can spend the saved money from a ticket on a snack.

I am 48 and just recently was told that I look very much younger and my husband even says that I look very young and I saw a recent picture of me ( one that was an accident so to speak) and I did a double take, because I looked in my 20's lol

As it happens, my husband who is 57, looks more my real age than his age and he is a nt.

the way i look never really bothered me, but i've been told that i look younger than my actual age.

once when i went to cinema and asked for a ticket, the lady gave me a discount ticket- she probably assumed that i was still a kid

it kind of confused me at first, but then i was happy that i can spend the saved money from a ticket on a snack.

I once saw this lady giving out catalogues and I approached and asked for the form and she smiled very sweetly and said that sadly one has to be over 18 to apply and I burst into laughter and told her that I was in my early 30's and she was mortified but then said: wow, you are blessed lol

Well, I still have a full head of hair and while it is greying, it is not completely grey. I do not think that I look a day over 70, and that is a little younger than I am. So I guess that is a good thing.

I'm 24 but recently two people told me I look 28. It's funny they arrived at that same number without talking to each other.

I am 50. And my profile picture is current. I am not ready to embrace my allocated years on this earth number. Fortunately I get passed for a 30 something year old

Age matters when one is in the workforce.

Yep. The really bad thing is, it cuts both ways. As a middle-aged man who looks his age, it's obvious I'm no longer young and hip. I'm not the visionary I once was, apparently because my hair is thinning :/ But when I was younger and looked a lot younger than my age, I found that not many people are going to respect a supervisor who looks like a kid just out of school.

I have found through my life, that the male of the species tends to think that he looks younger than he is and often disgraces himself by chasing young females.

These men do not see the balding heads and paunches that give their age away pretty quickly.

I see my balding head, and there's not much I can do about that.

On the other hand, having a paunch is a choice. I am 6'5" and have seldom weighed over 200 pounds. I eat well and exercise regularly, and there's no excuse for not taking care of myself.

I used to look a lot younger than I am.

Here is a picture of a young @LearnedCoward. Anyone care to guess how old I was here?

Attachments

• me_old.png
    me_old.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
I've always appeared older than I am or feel. Never had a store checker card me- ever. Even when they should have...lol. At least these days I get my senior discounts more often than not. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom