• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like the scent of lavender?

Do you like the scent of lavender?

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Some days yes, other days no

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Ame568

I'm asking because my mom buys lavender scented body wash and soap but the scent is too strong for me and I was wondering if I'm the only person who has issues with it or not.

I hate artificial lavender, it's so strong and smells like chemicals. Also, fresh lavender can be overwhelming. I love to rub my hands on it and catch the scent on my skin, but it can easily be overpowering. So I understand.

These artificial floral scented toiletries in general are too strong for my liking. I always smell them before buying to check they are ok, or buy unscented if possible.

I'm asking because my mom buys lavender scented body wash and soap but the scent is too strong for me and I was wondering if I'm the only person who has issues with it or not.

My problem with scents is that I taste them. So when I smell "fragrances" such as lavender, I taste chemicals - it's horrid. I do not want to smell anything that I would not consume.

I cannot respond to your poll b/c you ask about lavender (which is lovely) but you mean fake-lavender scent, which is terrible; literally makes me sick.

I hate artificial scents too. I don't use air freshener sprays for that reason.

My problem with scents is that I taste them. So when I smell "fragrances" such as lavender, I taste chemicals - it's horrid. I do not want to smell anything that I would not consume.

I cannot respond to your poll b/c you ask about lavender (which is lovely) but you mean fake-lavender scent, which is terrible; literally makes me sick.

Considering that I haven't had any olfactory function for over ten years now, good or bad, I would likely welcome any scent.

Sometimes but in excess it can be overwhelming and as headache-inducing as road workers pouring fresh asphalt right under my nose.

I hate artificial scents too. I don't use air freshener sprays for that reason.

My completely unsubstantiated (yet) theory is the recent reports of lung cancer in nonsmokers (not otherwise attributable to exposure to air pollution) are actually a cohort of clean freaks who chronically use commercial cleaning/air freshening products. Now that I have a TV I know that there are poisonous commercial products available for every corner of the house, car, and hygiene products.

I don't use any scented products, ugh, tell mom you'd like some unscented soap, or source some yourself.

Scented products rarely match up with what the actual scent is. Just like flavored products often do not taste like what they are named.

I remember the smell of lavender from my childhood. We'd picked the flowers and make sachets and put them in clothes drawers to keep the contents from smalling stale over time. I would not be surprised if the lavender scent in the perfume were artificial and/or highly concentrated. I remember lavender as a delicate scent.

Lavender doesn’t smell unpleasant to me if it isn’t strong, which is high praise from me for a flower scent. Most flowers have some sort of aspect that I can only describe as “floral” that I don’t like.

Any of it was too strong for me back when I could smell since I used to be incredibly sensitive to fragrances so I used to not be able to be in a room with it. I could tell something was lavender without knowing if I smelled something odd and my anxiety heightened to the point of a near panic attack, sometimes I did get attacks just from the smell since it triggers a flight response in my brain. I don't know why it does. Now I can't really smell and haven't been able to smell anything for over a year. It's been more of a relief than I thought it would be. I have heard that it has very calming effects for some people, which I'm glad for, but it didn't work for me.

I hate the smell of lavender, especially the Essential oil. I don't know if I've smelled it in nature though.

New Threads

Top Bottom