• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have others friends who are autistic?

It seems that the only autistics I communicate with are online. However, an old guy friend of mine ( who I no longer speak to) did seem autistic, but I never asked. I have very few friends and they appear to be NTs as far as I know. I do hang out with someone with a disability, but she didn't specify what it was.

I know a few people who are either diagnosed or identify as autistic, but the friendships with them are good but don't speak much, or online and developing into good friendships with regular communication. I'm glad I know them. Like with anything, I'm finding too that if you only have autism in common, that's not enough to make a friendship work.

There are facebook groups for that. I have met bunches of friends in them. But people seem to drift away from facebook. Or maybe it's just from me. Who knows. But there's a few folks I chat with from time to time. I talk to my girlfriend almost every day. Xe's autistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom