• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you feel the presence of God in your life?

I don't feel any emotions physically. I have problems with Interoception. I can barely tell if I'm hungry or thirsty, sleepy or awake. I can't tell if there's a feeling of "God" around me whether he / she exists or not. My mind can feel peace and serenity. I can feel hope. That's good enough for me.

Do you feel God's power and presence each day?
Or only when u pray?
Do you feel like He loves you for people who believe and you can seek refuge and comfort in Him?

Or do you get it from Jesus?
I am not inclined towards feeling God's power and presence, in my daily life.

I do not pray.
But I need to be mindful about what I think, act, speak - always. Because in my experience, it is my mindfulness that helps me.
In a day, there are times when I am mindful, and times when I am mindless.

Frankly, I don't have a clarity about God and His ways, except what I was told by my parents and others.
But, I believe there is a Higher Force beyond me.

I believe - as and when there arises a need in me to know that Higher Force (if it ever arises), I should yearn to know the Force - by my own experience, instead of blindly believing in what others say.

I'm more agnostic. Can't say for certain the existence or nonexistence either way therefore won't swing my beliefs either way.

But I do feel a presence of something, but cannot say with certainty what it is, nor do I feel the need to give it a name, label, or term. Some things cannot be interpreted into concrete language I think.

I can say with certainty he has touched my life. I may not have liked church or Sunday school but I did decide around 10 years ago I believed in him. I thought about it on a rainy day during a two-hour bus ride and realized it was what I believed. Over the next few years, I struggled intensely with interpersonal relationships, drugs, and alcohol to the point where I thought my life was over. Then at my worst moment, when I felt I was really going to die where I was trapped beneath fluorescent lights, sobbing, and throwing up he called to me. In a way I had never experienced before I didn't feel alone like before; psalms came flooding back to me that I hadn't read since my early teens at best. After this I had some personal miracles happen to me and my family, including having an incredibly supportive and patient stepfather who took the time to teach me, care for me, and love me like I was his own flesh and blood.

This man supported me through the hardest trials of my life because of his faith and compassion. His last words to me were that he loved me. He was truly a man of God and a force of good in this world who provided for those in need and was gentle, kind, and actually walked the walk. Even though he's gone now, I feel his hands picking me up and dusting me off telling me everything is going to be okay. He didn't have to do anything for me. He didn't have to help, but he did anyone, and he changed the trajectory of my life substantially. I believed in God before this man entered life but I sure as heck do even more now. I understand this is all anecdotal, but for me, this is a shaping force in my life because he did this not only because some "magic sky Daddy" told him to but because he thought it was the right thing to do. It's because of him that I want to help others and advocate where I can. I want to bring more good into this world than I take out - even if it's just my small corner of the world that I can make better.

I can say with certainty he has touched my life. I may not have liked church or Sunday school but I did decide around 10 years ago I believed in him. I thought about it on a rainy day during a two-hour bus ride and realized it was what I believed. Over the next few years, I struggled intensely with interpersonal relationships, drugs, and alcohol to the point where I thought my life was over. Then at my worst moment, when I felt I was really going to die where I was trapped beneath fluorescent lights, sobbing, and throwing up he called to me. In a way I had never experienced before I didn't feel alone like before; psalms came flooding back to me that I hadn't read since my early teens at best. After this I had some personal miracles happen to me and my family, including having an incredibly supportive and patient stepfather who took the time to teach me, care for me, and love me like I was his own flesh and blood.

This man supported me through the hardest trials of my life because of his faith and compassion. His last words to me were that he loved me. He was truly a man of God and a force of good in this world who provided for those in need and was gentle, kind, and actually walked the walk. Even though he's gone now, I feel his hands picking me up and dusting me off telling me everything is going to be okay. He didn't have to do anything for me. He didn't have to help, but he did anyone, and he changed the trajectory of my life substantially. I believed in God before this man entered life but I sure as heck do even more now. I understand this is all anecdotal, but for me, this is a shaping force in my life because he did this not only because some "magic sky Daddy" told him to but because he thought it was the right thing to do. It's because of him that I want to help others and advocate where I can. I want to bring more good into this world than I take out - even if it's just my small corner of the world that I can make better.
I loved reading your story! In my life I searched for God through churches because I felt there would be ONE church that was the Right church and there I would find God. but while searching I remembered an old verse in the bible that said "God isn't in any man-made temple, don't you know YOU are the temple" God lives through us, and those who make this world a better place through their love and kindness. Those who care about other people and not only themselves. Your stepdad sounded like he had the spirit of God inside, and that is what makes the difference in other people's lives. It changes the bad into the good.

As a life long atheist, I can definitely say I've felt the presence of god in my life.
It's there in the buzz of electrons around every nucleus in the universe. It's there in the wind through the trees.
It's there in the replication of dna in all my cells. It's there in the heart of a black hole, and the foaming mass of creation and destruction of virtual particles in empty space. There in the rotten corpse of roadkill in the gutter. It's in the microwave background echo of the big bang, and in the guy begging in the street. It's in the ever changing biosphere, and the sterile centre of the planet. It's the love and hate in every heart.

It's in me and in you, and we are it, for there's no separation between us and god, we are all expression of the same thing. Without us there is and can be no god. God is a symbol unique to our species, and like all symbols, every single one, each has it's own unique meaning to each and every one of us. For many, they believe in being part of a group that believes in the idea of the same god for all, but that is a belief of humans, of and for humans. God of the individual is something far more sublime and beautiful, for it can be everything and anything, and a true reflection of that person, but never touch anyone else, and maybe that's the beauty of innocence.

But it's also a god of silence, for there are no true words for it, descriptions built of words are a poor tool to express the concept. No combined attempt to glory in it can possibly produce anything but horror, only internal contemplation can do it justice, and in the end, it's nature makes it implicit, and while it's appreciation may enrich some, it's unnecessary to acknowledge it's existence, and futile to try except within oneself, for nothing of that nature can be passed on to another, only a poor copy results at best. Only the concept, the symbol; for each of us, we create our own god and when we die it's dies with us.
I've never seen anything supernatural in any religion, only the face of humans, for better and for worse.

Yes i do. If God did not exist i would not have experienced my best days of this life. Because i trusted in God i was helped

Do you feel God's power and presence each day? Not each day, but when I do think about God it feels like a very nice memory. Or something that has happened or will happen. Much like the feeling of Deja Vu.
Or only when u pray? I don`t pray in the classical sense. I used to think when I talked to myself I was talking to God. But these days I realise it is probably just my autism. Still feels kind of nice someone might be listening.
Do you feel like He loves you for people who believe and you can seek refuge and comfort in Him? Tough question. It is not love in the sense that my parents, wife or children love me. So I really cannot say.

Or do you get it from Jesus? For me, the term Jesus is god's on is a little different than for most. I don`t see the bible as true stories, more like stories you can take lessons from. Whatever they may be. So to me, when they say Jesus is god's son. I see it more like. We are 'technically' all children from God according to the bible. Why we call Jesus seperatly as a son of God is because the way he lived his life is an example of how we should. That is why he is a 'true' son/child of God. And if we follow his ideas we can also become 'true' children of god. He was a human who was an example. Much like Buddah was for Budism. It think that is the most accurate example I can think of.

We are human beings... It will be sometimes that we feel very alone, even from God.. this do not mean that he's not right there with us, it is merely our perception That changes... God on the other hand never changes

God presence can be quenched by sins, it means it can diminish in us if we sin, that why lots of christians are against what the bible calls sins, because it dirts your soul and body and corrupts, and quenches God, Jesus promised to be with us when we gather, i feel Gods presence in the reunions i go, and i keep it all week.

There was a low in my life, when i didn't seek of God much, and it had spiritual consequences on me.
If we want to keep His presence, we should stay in contact with Him through prayer etc, and going to a good church.

Do you feel God's power and presence each day?
Or only when u pray?
Do you feel like He loves you for people who believe and you can seek refuge and comfort in Him?

Or do you get it from Jesus?
I do from all of this. That’s the power of having a personal relationship with the one most high and almighty.

New Threads

Top Bottom