• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enjoy wind?

I like wind when I`m on the coast, preferably the south coast, when you sit on the docks there on a warm sunny day and the wind is coming in from the north sea, that`s very nice. Even strong wind. You feel at one with nature. But it has to be warm, sitting there in cold wind is awful.
Me too!

It depends on what I am doing. Paddling a solo whitewater canoe in a headwind is rough, as these boats are made to spin easily. Once my spouse and I were on the Colorado River on a calm section and the headwind was fierce and like a blast furnace. We had to lash our canoes side by side just to make headway. It was exhausting.

What I enjoy from the comfort of my porch is a nice Thunderstorm.

My dog is too scared to go outside for a wee
Worst is over now around here. Animals are very sensitive to weather changes and tempests.
Even before it started, the cat was pretty upset and more clingy than ever. Made puppy eyes and the pupils were round and big. He meowed and jumped around from one place to the other.

What I d

This is terrifying. The reason I'd never want to live in places with hurricanes and tornadoes :0
You rebuild your house and the next storm will reclaim it all...
I dunno if swearing is allowed. I got told off for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I d

This is terrifying. The reason I'd never want to live in places with hurricanes and tornadoes :0
Well there's storms everyone..

Last edited by a moderator:
What I d

....... This is terrifying. The reason I'd never want to live in places with hurricanes and tornadoes :0

Aneka i belive Roxiee refers to said ..... word. And yes, swearing is not particularly liked in here so we are all encouraged to keep our talking in a civil manner and don't swear or use ugly or inappropriate words

Last edited:
My dog is too scared to go outside for a wee

When it is a nasty storm outside, and we obviously need to have the dogs doing their business it's important to stay close to home and above all be Quick about it. Belive me the dog will do its business in a hurry as well. not to mention keep an eye of at all times for anything possible coming youre way

In the high desert the wind is NOT your friend. Even with all my windows closed virtually all the time that fine desert dust still manages to penetrate my apartment.

I was even squinting just typing this! :eek:

I have an intense dislike of wind that borders on past life induced ptsd! When I am on land and the wind is so strong the house shakes and booms with the force of it, I can get quite nervous and teary. I hate that!
Yet, I sail.
And sometimes the wind can be really, really cool. When you are in a protected marina, and the wind comes in at just the right direction, the wind will trill through sailboat rigging and masts like some spectral theramin.
I love the windows and arches carved into sandstone by the wind in Arches national park, and I love watching the wind ruffle through leaves, blooms and grassess. But sometimes, it just blows!

I grew up in one of the windiest part of the country. Hate it.. a lot. My hair agrees.

I love the wind. I must because every time I see it getting real windy outside I have to go out and be in it. I've been standing outside and watched trees fall, but still enjoy it. But, I agree, not when it's icy cold.

New Threads

Top Bottom