• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enjoy internet drama?

Kit

I do. I find it very interesting and sometimes people argue over pointless things or argue over their side of views and one of them is refusing to listen to their side of the story and understanding their point of view and I am like "Okay move on, that person isn't listening."

I just like internet drama.

I do. I find it very interesting and sometimes people argue over pointless things or argue over their side of views and one of them is refusing to listen to their side of the story and understanding their point of view and I am like "Okay move on, that person isn't listening."

I just like internet drama.

Depends on what internet drama it is. If it isn't my drama, then sure it is only funny for a short amount of time. I mean a very short amount of time. It just gets old after a while.

Sometimes the other side (the offended) takes it seriously and keeps it with them forever. Other times, it dies out after awhile.

So we just have to move on with out lives. Internet drama isn't much fun after while anyways, especially when it meets and interferes with real life (especially if it interferes with your emotionally/mental health). That is when it gets nasty and uncalled for.

So yeah, if I would like to watch internet drama. Sure, maybe for like thirty minutes and then run back off to what I am doing. As long as it doesn't involve me, my friends, my family, or people I truly care about deep inside my heart. Also from a religious stand point, it just doesn't make sense. It's going to get back at both sides at the end anyways.:S

I enjoy reading about other people's internet drama (ED is one of my favorite websites), but I hate being involved in it myself.

It depends really? Sometimes I find it a little amusing because of the things they say about each other (normally when they don't make any sense or say something really funny).
But I can't stand it sometimes because it normally either gets to the point where it becomes annoying or when it involves me.

As with everything, sometimes i can appreciate it, and other times it's annoying. Depends on my mood.

I find it tedious when drama from one forum, problems between members from one forum, overflows onto another forum.

In terms of arguments, people tend to get caught up in trying to convince another member that they are wrong. The beauty of forums is that you shouldn't be trying to convince a boneheaded person to change their mind, because that is unlikely to happen. What you should be trying to do is to make the most sensible, balanced and logical argument that you can so that the dozens of people who will read the thread can see the strength of your point of view.

It is always good to back down if you are wrong, partly wrong, or backed into a corner, as that gives you a reputation as a reasonable person who abides by the facts and not given to arguing that they are right purely for the sake of it.

I hate internet drama, i always end up getting caught in one and normally is the victim when it comes to internet dramas.

I don't enjoy internet drama, especially if I'm caught up in it. I do think that some drama can be funny like fanboy wars between rival games consoles.

Some people can't realize the Internet and everything on it is a joke. I think they're dumb.

What do you mean by it's a "joke"? As in not real or as in stupid?

I admit I do enjoy them. Although observing is more fun than participating of course.
Internet drama makes me feel like I'm a part of something that I don't usually have anything to do with IRL.

You're a horrible person. :p

lol I rarely get dramabook though. My friend gets it more than I do. So I rarely get to watch dramabook. I do get political drama. ;) Real life kind. ^_^; I watch the Republicans fight till they fight themselves silly. :p When political drama meets internet life, that kind of makes me laugh. I said kind of now.

Here is an example of a Political Ad from Alabama:

Here is the spoof ad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another type of drama I like are debates. But I hate insults and name calling because I think it's so childish. I joined a debate group on Babycenter. Luckily it's always done in a mature manner.

Anyone else watching the drama on Wrong Planet?

TBH, it got tiring after a while. Also an innocent member being picked on there until she lashed out and got banned.

I gotta admit the forum was stricker when Lau and Maku were in place because they enforced everything but it put stress on me and I was always taking risks when I make posts because you just never know what is okay and what isn't. But then after they were fired, things were more laid back and there have been more suicide threads and more trollish posts (most of them by ferdinand) and of course more drama. But I would rather go with no Lau and Maku because I don't feel stressed anymore and I no longer feel I am walking on eggshells.

Another type of drama I like are debates. But I hate insults and name calling because I think it's so childish. I joined a debate group on Babycenter. Luckily it's always done in a mature manner.

TBH, it got tiring after a while. Also an innocent member being picked on there until she lashed out and got banned.

I gotta admit the forum was stricker when Lau and Maku were in place because they enforced everything but it put stress on me and I was always taking risks when I make posts because you just never know what is okay and what isn't. But then after they were fired, things were more laid back and there have been more suicide threads and more trollish posts (most of them by ferdinand) and of course more drama. But I would rather go with no Lau and Maku because I don't feel stressed anymore and I no longer feel I am walking on eggshells.
They should just make me a moderator.

New Threads

Top Bottom