• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you eat Chinese food?

Do you like Chinese food?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Don't know/Never had it

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Anyway about 6 minutes up the road from me, there's a Karaoke Restaurant called K Max, which I've been past on the Bus several times, I'd like to go there for my Birthday which is coming up 4 weeks from yesterday.

However, I Googled the place last night and found their Facebook page and asked what food they serve, and it's Chinese! The only Chinese food I've ever eaten would be spare ribs, and I wasn't that keen on those, so if we went would I be able to eat anything?

As it happens I got a reply (in English) to my question on their FB page, and you can take your own food apparently.

Anyway to cut my waffling, does anyone else like Chinese food? I've never tried them but I think I might like Noodles.

Yes!! Love it! Unfortunately for me there isn't a Chinese within about 200km from where I live.

I love Indian, too. And Thai. I love spicy food.

Thanks but no thanks... I have tried it several times and just don't care for it...

There's just a smell in most of it (probably a spice or maybe Soy Sauce) that I just can't get past...

As a child I wouldn't go near it. When I got much older, I was willing to try it on occasion. Though ultimately the only things I really liked consistently were Beef Fried Rice, Chicken or Pork Egg Rolls, Orange Chicken and Mongolian Beef.

However once my reflux began to occur in my forties, I refrain from it altogether. Too toxic.

Spare ribs is not a dish that in any way is indicative of the food that a Chinese restaurant serves - and if I recall from the Chinese restaurants I used to go to in the UK when I lived there, some even do very passable British dishes such as fish and chips, so you may be pleasantly surprised.

You will likely find chicken and beef dishes, with noodles or rice, or fried rice. There will also be some that are spicy such as General Tso's Chicken, and some that are not, such as Beef and Broccoli. Many do curries and stir-fries.

I would suggest you go in and ask them for a menu. They may well have copies you can take out and study, then a quick bit of googling on possible choices will tell you what you would be likely to get.

Topic.

Anyway about 6 minutes up the road from me, there's a Karaoke Restaurant called K Max, which I've been past on the Bus several times, I'd like to go there for my Birthday which is coming up 4 weeks from yesterday.

However, I Googled the place last night and found their Facebook page and asked what food they serve, and it's Chinese! The only Chinese food I've ever eaten would be spare ribs, and I wasn't that keen on those, so if we went would I be able to eat anything?

As it happens I got a reply (in English) to my question on their FB page, and you can take your own food apparently.

Anyway to cut my waffling, does anyone else like Chinese food? I've never tried them but I think I might like Noodles.
I love chinese orange chicken =)

Yes I like Chinese food all types. There's a great takeaway near me they have special chow mein that's noodles meat prawns soy vegetables etc I often have that and all kinds of dishes. But for your birthday meal it may be good to check you enjoy their food maybe have a prebirthday selection?

Chinese style restaurant food outside of asia, is essentially steamed or stir fried in a wok quickly. It consists of vegetables cut in small pieces, and chicken or beef or pork or shrimp cooked together with added spices, garlic, onion, ginger and soy sauce and mirin. The dishes vary from salty to slightly sweet to spicy and hot.

They do steamed dumplings with meat or poultry or fish and or julienne cooked vegetables inside.

They do plain steamed rice, or rice with meat and/or vegetables as well. They also do various types of noodles, with chicken broth and other additions.

You may like their won ton soup, which are small noodle encased pork dumplings in a clear salty chicken broth with shreds of spring onion floating in the broth.

Or their chicken balls, which are small pieces of chicken dipped in batter and deep fried and served with a red sweet sauce on the side.

Much of chinese cuisine is vegetable based, but they do have main dishes that consist of only beef or pork or chicken or fish.

Last edited:
Topic.

Chinese food ranges from very bland to very hot ,Stirfries can be very bland or from szechuan cuisine which is spicy ,if you like oily get chow mein or if you don't get boiled rice with a plain stirfry .

Yes!! Love it! Unfortunately for me there isn't a Chinese within about 200km from where I live.

I love Indian, too. And Thai. I love spicy food.
One thing to consider if you're missing Cantonese takeaway Chinese people don't consider the take away they serve in the UK to be real Chinese food, same for people from Bengal and Pakistan ,a friend said the food they eat at home is almost raw like stirfry .
he lives in South Shields tyne and Wear and there is a large community from different Asian countries ,he knows many of them very well.

Love Chinese food, but I heard that what they cook in western countries, is not actually what they eat in China and I do believe, that quite a bit is not for the western palate and so, I am glad that they decided to not bring what is rumoured to be their traditional food to us, but what they do cook.

Hubby always says that he is hungrier the next day! Despite the fact that we can eat a lot of Chinese food as there is ample to choose from.

Option 4- Used to be the only person in the world to go to a chinese restaurant and still order Canadian. Have started to eat more Chinese as of late so I'm getting better.

One thing to consider if you're missing Cantonese takeaway Chinese people don't consider the take away they serve in the UK to be real Chinese food, same for people from Bengal and Pakistan ,a friend said the food they eat at home is almost raw like stirfry .
he lives in South Shields tyne and Wear and there is a large community from different Asian countries ,he knows many of them very well.
Yes, I'm aware that what they serve in the UK is not authentic Chinese but catered to local tastes.

I love a Chinese takeaway. I have a friend from Hong Kong who likes it too, but says it is nothing at all like actual Chinese dishes. I'm not a fan of spicy food, so I would normally opt for something like chow mein, crispy beef (so long as it doesn't specify it's spicy) or Chinese curry. I love all the side bits you can get too like prawn toast and crispy seaweed :tongueout:

I liked most the kinds of Chinese food I've eaten. I like honey sheared chicken and I like sweet and sour chicken.

I love Chinese food. Springfield style cashew chicken is a favorite comfort food of mine. I like the other version that I find labeled as chicken with cashews as well. Veggie fried rice is my other usual order. Ok, I admit, that's really it for me and Chinese food, I really don't eat a variety of foods. I will happily eat the same thing for two weeks in a row if I can.

Spare ribs is not a dish that in any way is indicative of the food that a Chinese restaurant serves - and if I recall from the Chinese restaurants I used to go to in the UK when I lived there, some even do very passable British dishes such as fish and chips, so you may be pleasantly surprised.

You will likely find chicken and beef dishes, with noodles or rice, or fried rice. There will also be some that are spicy such as General Tso's Chicken, and some that are not, such as Beef and Broccoli. Many do curries and stir-fries.

I would suggest you go in and ask them for a menu. They may well have copies you can take out and study, then a quick bit of googling on possible choices will tell you what you would be likely to get.

Spare ribs is not Chinese food, as has been stated above...

But to the first point, there is a tradition here in Canada for fairly generic "Chinese" restaurants, ones that serve western food alongside the Chinese food... And many small towns across the Canadian prairies have Chinese restaurants, that serve both... But in one small town I passed through, their cheese burger was literally the burger and cheese only, not even lettuce and a tomato, maybe I should have asked first... Or just ordered their Chinese food...

Most cultural food served in restaurants in the west are not exactly what is served in their home country, and Chinese culture has been in North America longer than most other cultures so I know some food evolution has happened

When my wife and I go out to eat dinner, it is almost always Chinese or Mexican. We really like both. Sometimes we go to Boise and try a new place, but it is always Chinese or Mexican.

I love Chinese food. Springfield style cashew chicken is a favorite comfort food of mine. I like the other version that I find labeled as chicken with cashews as well. Veggie fried rice is my other usual order. Ok, I admit, that's really it for me and Chinese food, I really don't eat a variety of foods. I will happily eat the same thing for two weeks in a row if I can.
I love most Chinese and Thai foods.
We have a restaurant here that is a huge buffet so you
can pick and choose.
My favourites are the shrimp, salmon, egg drop soup,
lo mein, sauteed mushrooms and chinese donuts for a sweet.

Do they still have those little places that sell a dish of
chicken livers in brown sauce with rice in Springfield?
I ate those all the time when I lived there, but, have never found them anywhere here.
Just wondered. :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom