• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you cyberstalk?

This is horrible of me, but there is one person I went to uni with who I really dislike, who I occasionally look up on facebook to enjoy how terribly their life is going. I'm ashamed to say it, but it's true, and it never fails to brighten my mood.

This is horrible of me, but there is one person I went to uni with who I really dislike, who I occasionally look up on facebook to enjoy how terribly their life is going. I'm ashamed to say it, but it's true, and it never fails to brighten my mood.
Living well is the best revenge!

Living well is the best revenge!
If only it were about revenge! alas the poor woman never did anything to me besides have an annoying personality, there are dozens of other people who have done me far more wrong. My ongoing dislike is entirely unfounded and irrational, but I enjoy it too much to let it go :sweatsmile:

I must admit, I felt bad about seeing an ex-girlfriend's "reputation rating" being extremely low in "My Life.com".

So low the website provided a statement (paraphrased) that this person should be avoided at all costs. Small wonder people have sued this entity. Whether or not this was warranted I have no idea. I suppose in any event I really didn't want to know. Let the past remain there.

Sometimes such curiosity is not a good thing. :oops:

Last edited:

You are an awful human being since she never even did anything bad to you.

Knowing this, if you don't change your attitude about this, and something bad happened to you, I might not feel sorry for you if it wasn't "too bad" :/

If she did, but then it wasn't intentional and you knew that, then that would be bad to wish bad on her. You really shouldn't wish bad on anyone. Rather, you hope they somehow stop being annoying or whatever it is that isn't working well with you.

You are an awful human being since she never even did anything bad to you.

Knowing this, if you don't change your attitude about this, and something bad happened to you, I might not feel sorry for you if it wasn't "too bad" :/

If she did, but then it wasn't intentional and you knew that, then that would be bad to wish bad on her. You really shouldn't wish bad on anyone. Rather, you hope they somehow stop being annoying or whatever it is that isn't working well with you.
If occasionally looking at someone's facebook page and enjoying their endless whingeing about disliking their job etc. is your standard for an "awful human being" then I think your standards are a bit messed up :rolleyes: But feel free to judge and not feel sorry for me at all, I don't mind at all.

Well, in that vein, while I don't really look up my school bullies because I don't want to know that good stuff happens to them, I don't mind the idea of bad things happening to them either. Just because Jesus said "love your enemies" doesn't mean you have to force yourself to feel that way. He probably just meant something like "don't ignore them if you find them unconscious in a car wreck", which I wouldn't.

I don't actually remember the names of my long-ago bullies, only a few friends. Sadly, several of my school chums predeceased me, in their 40s. So one of the downsides of looking up old friends is you may find something bad happened. But it does make me grateful for my better health.

I once looked up some old bullies as a therapy exercise in forgiveness and realising that the teenagers that made my life hell basically no longer exist. It really helped me to put that pain behind me and move on. Otherwise I don't really have any interest in their lives. There are some other people who hurt me who I will one day do the same with, but for now the pain is too fresh and it would be too upsetting.

it's not stalking. it's just that autistic people are so bad at social stuff, and to get your fix of time with friends, sometimes is just quietly observing them, and making sure they're happy and healthy

I once looked up some old bullies as a therapy exercise in forgiveness and realising that the teenagers that made my life hell basically no longer exist. It really helped me to put that pain behind me and move on. Otherwise I don't really have any interest in their lives. There are some other people who hurt me who I will one day do the same with, but for now the pain is too fresh and it would be too upsetting.

I believe you have amazing lessons to teach, your mental ability for knowledge, honesty and open-mindedness is a lesson in itself to others. I have learnt something myself from a conversation with you. Why do you wish to revenge?

Last edited:
I believe you have amazing lessons to teach, your mental ability for knowledge, honesty and open-mindedness is a lesson in itself to others. I have learnt something myself from a conversation with you. Why do you wish to revenge?
??? I have no wish for revenge? I'm not sure where you are getting this from? The therapy exercise I mentioned in that quote (assigned by my therapist at the time) was to look at the social media pages of people who had bullied me as teenagers and see that they had grown up to be just normal adults, living normal lives, that they had as little resemblance to the kids who hurt me as I resembled to the girl who they hurt. That they would probably be as appalled by such bullying now as I would be. It was an exercise in acceptance, forgiveness, letting go, moving on, taking away the power I felt that people from my past had over me. Nothing to do with revenge.

on the subject of checking up on people...unfortunately yet fortunately, i am very good with names. they stick like glue somehow, which makes it all the easier to "stalk" on Facebook.

that sounds like an idea, checking up on people who have or have not done me wrong, just to see what's going on. i don't buy into all the silly cliches about jocks, nerds, etc. and success or lack of, but just knowing what's there satisfies my curiosity.

I must have misunderstood.

"Do the same," I interpreted as being "they hurt me so i'll hurt them."
Ah ok, I expressed myself poorly, sorry. When I said "I will one day do the same" I meant I would one day look them up on social media like I did with the bullies.

Consider the legal definition of cyberstalking. One which involves intentional and persistent harassment. Simply looking up existing online data on people you may or may not know does not constitute cyberstalking.

Though at times it's unnerving to discover just how much is out there on most of us. Often information provided without our actual consent. Whether accurate or not.

This. What you've described, OP, is not stalking.

A whole bunch of people make a whole lot of money off of people like you. *grins* they're hoping for it, that's why Instagram exists.

You're doing nothing wrong, carry on with your happy life enjoying the stuff that people have chosen to share with the world.

I must admit, I felt bad about seeing an ex-girlfriend's "reputation rating" being extremely low in "My Life.com".

So low the website provided a statement (paraphrased) that this person should be avoided at all costs. Small wonder people have sued this entity. Whether or not this was warranted I have no idea. I suppose in any event I really didn't want to know. Let the past remain there.

Sometimes such curiosity is not a good thing. :oops:

I didn't even realize that site existed.

I'm going to go back to pretending I don't currently know that this site exists.

I feel like a thing like this shouldn't exist, but I'm not surprised in the slightest, that it does.

New Threads

Top Bottom