• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you consider your Asperger's a blessing, curse or indifferent.

How do you view your Asperger's

• Blessing

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Curse

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Neutral

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Sometimes blessing, sometimes curse

Votes: 57 57.6%
  • None of these apply

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
A curse in the highest degree
Social issues, dysthymia, dyspraxia, dysphagia, ADHD , poor Working memory , frustration all at the same time plus more it’s awful I don’t know how I’m Solis’s to live my life like this

Are all those things a part of autism?

Are all those things a part of autism?

Social issues are, but ADHD is its own thing, dysthymia may result from all the social rejection on account of the social issues, dyspraxia is technically also its own thing, so is probably difficulty swallowing, and poor working memory may be a result of the dysthymia.

I have been.told by quite a few people that I am "wise and compassionate". I think this is due to my suffering, disadvantage and cognitive ability and my stick-a-bility, which all come as a result of having this Aspie brain/endocrine sensory wiring.

It is both a blessing and a curse, because it's brought me much misery, hardship, exclusion and being scapegoated, as an "easy" or a "soft" target, but, I love being me.

What is the point of not loving me when I am already so marginalized? I love that I love learning. Absorbing information of my special interests or hobbies is so fun! I recoil at the histronics and hyperbolic manipulation that I notice in people who value power-overing others, while I lack the guile and desire to behave in a less-than-honest way or manipulative manner.

I don't need popularity, because I've had a lifetime of being denied it, no matter how hard I try to fit in with the NT dominated social landscape, and I've learnt to love and value the freedom and peace of a quiet life.

I enjoy my accomplishments, I'm not technologically gifted, but I am artistically and intellectually gifted. I live in my mind a lot, but it feels safer and more interesting than the world of trying to conform and fit in.

Sure, I still experience plenty of disadvantages, socially, being so sensitive, haven't learnt to drive yet and I'm in my 40's, haven't got a job, friends are very hard to come by and I'm not good at keeping friendships going, I'm, financially, in the bottom rung of society, just above homeless people and criminals, but, I have stopped trying to mask, now, and it's so liberating!

I have a lover/best friend who makes me very, very happy, most days, I'm, biologically, as a progenerator of my genetics, very, exceptionally, successful, I'm a high quality artistic (autistic) person of various mediums and that "wisdom" people speak of, when they describe me? came because of my autistic focus and drive and determination to develop it, and, wisdom is a wonderful "thing" to have a taste of, and to build on.

It brings peace of mind and what could be better?

Unless you have intelligence then it can be 50/50 which I don't "C- average in high school, D- F college drop out" then it is a full 100/100 curse.

Grades don't dictate intelligence, I had an average somewhere around there for high-school, too, and I don't believe I'm stupid, in many ways.

Grades don't dictate intelligence, I had an average somewhere around there for high-school, too, and I don't believe I'm stupid, in many ways.
Thanks. Too bad I was not told that by the teachers. They did not know what I have and said I have a learning disability which made me feel more "stupid". Of course I was taught all wrong in Catholic school. They went too fast in teaching, gave me multiple things to do at once and even there tutors were in classrooms no one on one so I blame the schools for my poor grades.

School is a mad rush to cram all the knowledge into your brain in time for you to forget it then stumble off the premises in a daze.

The existence of a correlation or an overlap doesn't equal causation or a merging into one.
These are very specific conditions that almost always occur together. Many theories about autism unify all of these.
It would be silly to say these have nothing to do with autism as its root cause especially since there all these very specific conditions occurring at the same time together witch hardly ever happens without autism

When has Poor executive functions/Working memory problems, Dysthymia ,Dyspraxia ,Dysphagia and anxiety ever all specifically happened to anyone without being on the spectrum having one or even 2 isn't that rare but most or all of these comorbid conditions its pretty obvious autism is the root cause

These are very specific conditions that almost always occur together. Many theories about autism unify all of these.
It would be silly to say these have nothing to do with autism as its root cause especially since there all these very specific conditions occurring at the same time together witch hardly ever happens without autism

When has Poor executive functions/Working memory problems, Dysthymia ,Dyspraxia ,Dysphagia and anxiety ever all specifically happened to anyone without being on the spectrum having one or even 2 isn't that rare but most or all of these comorbid conditions its pretty obvious autism is the root cause

With Autism as the common denominator, it seems very odd to me for that to mean a conclusion that it "causes" it, rather than, maybe, concluding that whatever differences in the development of the brain lead to Autism also lead to these other things, like a single outlet powering several things having shortages.

With Autism as the common denominator, it seems very odd to me for that to mean a conclusion that it "causes" it, rather than, maybe, concluding that whatever differences in the development of the brain lead to Autism also lead to these other things, like a single outlet powering several things having shortages.
The Intense World Theory – A Unifying Theory of the Neurobiology of Autism
A Grand Unified Theory of Autism? - Neuroskeptic

I'm pretty sure without whatever causes autism those other symptoms would cease

I usually spend 99% of my time upset about culture and about the fact that i'm an imprisoned animal. In the past, i thought that i was like this because i'm possibly autistic, but now i see that life itself is the problem. Autism and culture are just the insult to the injury.

I usually spend 99% of my time upset about culture and about the fact that i'm an imprisoned animal. In the past, i thought that i was like this because i'm possibly autistic, but now i see that life itself is the problem. Autism and culture are just the insult to the injury.
So you're saying the entire rest of the world has a problem instead of you ?

I don't know.
The world is flawed but there are ways to better yourself instead of blaming all of society. What do you want everyone to sit there and watch you have a meltdown or let you go on and on about some random subject or bend over backwards to make the world "Autistic compatible"

New Threads

Top Bottom