• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Well i never had a gf, but i would say that there is noting to believe in VD.
I dont realy care, i dont care about any special day anyway, except for the real story they carry.

But if I were in a relationship and and i knew that my partner like valentine day, i would participate, i guess.

Plus if nothing ruins my mood in beetween, if if it the day we are allowed to be "too much" with our loved, well thats a good day then.

But its science fiction for me so maybe i wont act like that at all, who knows.

I think it's a good day to celebrate your love for your significant other. If I had a significant other I'd take her out to dinner and a movie. Get her a nice card and gift.

Well, for the last few years, assuming I was in a relationship l did something special. But it usually goes horribly wrong! This year I tried to do something nice & was essentially single 5 days later. Assuming I'm in a relationship next time it rolls around I may just tell my SO that I'm unavailable that day, take the day off & not leave my bed. Probably for the best...

I dislike legal holidays because businesses are closed which often throws off my routines. But in general I like holidays that are not legal ones because they are fun, without disrupting routines. Examples: Valentine's Day, Halloween, Flag Day, National Donut Day.

I live in the upper Midwest of the US, where winters (especially January) are gray and cold. It is always a trial of one's sanity, unless you are a winter sport lover who goes out in all weather. Ice fishing, skating, ice racing (sailboats on runners), skiing, and snow boarding are big here, but I don't participate in any of them at this point in life.

So, especially because I have a partner, I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day. I'm not sure what, if anything, we'll do, besides exchange cards. Maybe I'll treat our household to a big bouquet of roses, and a very very small heart-shaped box of chocolates.

Who here enjoys and who hates Valentine's Day?

Celebrating Valentine’s Day isn’t a must for me. I don’t expect gifts and I don’t always give them. Boyfriend and me give each other gifts all year round. But it’s a good excuse for a fancy dinner, whether at home or at a restaurant.

I don’t send cards for Valentine’s Day, but the first year my boyfriend and me were together I hung funny valentines cards all around the house while he was working at night. He discovered the cards one by one during the day and he got a good laugh out of them. It was worth spending half a working day finding and printing them ;)

Never celebrated it. Dating in my my city is considered extremely difficult, so imagine that x10 as a male on the spectrum.

I believe its nothing more than a cash grab.

Supermarkets here are ruthless. On Halloween they took down the stuff they had for sale and put up Xmas stuff on the same day. 2 days after Xmas was done the Easter stuff was being put up.

I liken Valentines Day to all these other days. I don't buy into them with any enthusiasm. Asides from my partners bday and her and my parents Xmas gifts I don't waste my money on any of it.

As ever, each to their own. But if these days didn't exist imagine all the waste and pollution that'd be avoided. Ah well, cynicism is never popular - so I hide mine behind humour and sarcasm when asked about such days and events in face to face conversations.

Being cantankerous is easier if you're funny.

Ed

in the past, valentine's day has made me feel like i'm missing out by not being in a romantic relationship. if i recall correctly, hearing about people getting chocolate heart boxes and going on dates in celebration of the day made me feel a bit lonely. i don't believe i felt lonely because i wasn't in a romantic relationship, rather, i think it had to do with the fact that i wanted to get sweets and go places with someone i was close to like other people were doing, but knew that it was a romantic holiday and that my not being in a romantic relationship was causing me to miss out on such things. this upcoming valentine's day will be my first one identifying as greyromantic, and i'm curious to see if that knowledge about myself changes my feelings towards the holiday at all

people don't want nice things from me. oh well, saves me money. i won't contribute to V day in any way shape or form.

At the risk of sounding like cynic (which I am to be fair) its just another randomly made up "holiday" in the USA to get people to buy stuff they don't actually need.

Because nothing says romance like celebrating a day with corporate driven consumerism.

If you're in a relationship then why not just be romantic when you feel like it? and does it have to necessarily include the purchasing of gifts or thematically appropriate products?

Questions for the ages...

well, today is valentine's day, and my feelings have changed. in previous years i felt a bit lonely on valentine's day, not because i wasn't in a romantic relationship, but because i wanted to get sweets and go places with someone i was close to like others did. but this year i'm thinking that it doesn't matter that i'm not doing those things today. after all, i have all year for that to happen

I feel so lonely right now. I just want someone to give me one of those heart shaped boxes with chocolate inside....

New Threads

Top Bottom