• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you also skip school reunions?

I hear you and agree. What do you write?
I usually write fiction stories about cool characters and people I would like to be if I could. And they usually have some cool fantasy-like powers to them. :DUnfortunately I don’t write as much as I used to because it makes me somehow feel strange... as I get too much into it and then I don’t want to live in the “real” world...

2021, I’ll be out of high school 45 years. Last reunion I attended was in 1991. Nothing changed since graduation in 1976. They treated me as a non-person in 1976, they treated me as a non-person in 1991, and I’m still treated as a non-person.

This is my 20th year out of high school. Given the pandemic a reunion probably would never have happened but even so there was none planned.

Yeah I live far from my old school, left 1983, got punched in 1984 from one school mate and smacked by another lol, most of them were ok though they weren't to know I had aspergers.

Not for me. I hope my school peers do well in life and I do not wish them any harm. However, that part of my life is long-gone and I do not wish to repeat it as an adult.

Not for me. I hope my school peers do well in life and I do not wish them any harm. However, that part of my life is long-gone and I do not wish to repeat it as an adult.
I don't wish my peers any harm, I sent friend requests on Facebook, so some of them are still in touch and we have some nice chats.

I usually write fiction stories about cool characters and people I would like to be if I could. And they usually have some cool fantasy-like powers to them. :DUnfortunately I don’t write as much as I used to because it makes me somehow feel strange... as I get too much into it and then I don’t want to live in the “real” world...
I don't see anything wrong with that.

I've seen a forum game where a book is written chapter by chapter, each chapter written by a new poster. Could be interesting to try. How about you post chapter one?

It wasn't. I lived in a barracks with 30 other men, sharing all of the toilets and showers. Slept in bunk beds, everybody in one big room. There was no privacy. Ate in a mess hall with 100 or so other men. You ate what they gave you and ate off of a tray. The drill instructors were almost always yelling at us. Every individual was referred to as "a troop". As a group we were referred to as "you people". It got a little better after basic training, but not much. I would imagine it is a lot better now.

Sounds like a sick form of torture for someone on the spectrum. Like continuous gym class except you can't go home. Or do what you want. Everyone must fit in.

I had a gym teacher who was an ex Marine who did service in Vietnam. He was nuts and clearly didn't have a clue about Aspergers. I wasn't a person he liked, and that made the class hell for an hour. But then I got to go home.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

I've seen a forum game where a book is written chapter by chapter, each chapter written by a new poster. Could be interesting to try. How about you post chapter one?
Well, I don’t think I can do it right now, I have said to myself I’m staying away from fiction writing for some time... however, hopefully I will be able to do it soon and I agree it sounds like a fun thing to do :)

I was invited to a couple of reunions - when they knew where I was. I didn't go and have moved many times since, changed my name by marriage and have a different first name on Facebook.

I'm also 30kgs heavier due to medication and would rather not have people gloat about that.

If the schools I went to even have reunions, I'm not aware of it at all.

You think kids putting a padlock on your locker is bad? Someone once covered my combination lock with spit and mucus.:mask:

Other kids would constantly scream at me that I had AIDS and "Garfield's DEAD", because I was obsessed with Garfield comics at the time.

Another kid spit on me from above as I was walking down the stairs. Then he went down himself, told me what he did, gave the finger and ran off. A few days later my mother and I came home to find the police parked outside, because my older brother, who was still in the same school at the time, had supposedly bruised the kid's ribs after I had told my family at home what had happened. My mother told the police that what they kids at school did to me was much worse, and they didn't press charges.

I was verbally, physically, and sexually attacked and all the teachers would say is "just ignore them". It's kind of hard to ignore people when they're throwing rocks at you, screaming at you everywhere you go, blowing cigarette smoke in your face, and making disgusting threats of sexual assault as they follow you back to school after lunch. Luckily that last one only happened once when I told the principal.

Unfortunately I was too fat and weak to beat anyone into a bloody pulp, even if I wanted to.

You think kids putting a padlock on your locker is bad? Someone once covered my combination lock with spit and mucus.:mask:

Other kids would constantly scream at me that I had AIDS and "Garfield's DEAD", because I was obsessed with Garfield comics at the time.

Another kid spit on me from above as I was walking down the stairs. Then he went down himself, told me what he did, gave the finger and ran off. A few days later my mother and I came home to find the police parked outside, because my older brother, who was still in the same school at the time, had supposedly bruised the kid's ribs after I had told my family at home what had happened. My mother told the police that what they kids at school did to me was much worse, and they didn't press charges.

I was verbally, physically, and sexually attacked and all the teachers would say is "just ignore them". It's kind of hard to ignore people when they're throwing rocks at you, screaming at you everywhere you go, blowing cigarette smoke in your face, and making disgusting threats of sexual assault as they follow you back to school after lunch. Luckily that last one only happened once when I told the principal.

Unfortunately I was too fat and weak to beat anyone into a bloody pulp, even if I wanted to.
My heart goes out to you.

That was a big reason I started long-distance hiking, lifting weights, and took Tae Kwon Do. Had to do it on my own because the PE coach wouldn't give me the time of day.

Very slow progress but over time things changed. The point was not to beat the other guy into a bloody pulp, it was to prevent me from getting so beaten. And if I did get beat up, I wanted to score enough points on the other guy that he wouldn't try it again. Bullies are averse to effective resistance.

I honestly think kids today are much worse in some ways than they were. Parents are much less concerned about any kind of moral upbringing and expect the school to do it for them. When I was young, there really was a code of honor of sorts. You could bully someone but there were things you just didn't do. You didn't hit people who were obviously far weaker than you. No spitting or bodily fluids. No kind of sexual abuse would be ever considered acceptable.

Today some kids have gained a greater tolerance for alternative gender and sexuality lifestyles but other kids have completely lost any moral compass.

Ugh!

I had it a little easier. At least I had friends in low places, to quote the Garth Brooks song.

One of the town punks wanted to beat my brother to a pulp. He goes to a friend of mine, nicknamed Klopper (which was the sound made when his fist connected with your mouth.). I’ve known this guy since kindergarten. He wasn’t the smartest grape in the bunch, but people knew not to mess with him or his friends. This punk goes to Klopper and asks to help him beat up my brother. Klopper comes back, “Like hell I will. His older brother (me) is a close friend.” He then turns around and beats the living daylights out of this punk.:smilingimp: Said punk never threatened me, or my brothers ever again, since they knew if Klopper found out, he’d be gunning for him.

I've never been notified of a reunion. I assume they happened but nobody bothered to inform me. Or maybe the mail just didn't forward.

If I were interested, I'd have contacted the school.

I did have some good friends in school mixed in with high brow people.Then later in life was tested,and found out had autism with dd which answered why was somewhat backward in school then to top it off became incontinent so why go.

New Threads

Top Bottom