• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you also skip school reunions?

Skeletor

Grade school and high school were painful for me. Lets see, you had kids who thought it was just so funny to yank a chair out from under me while I was sitting down. Others who would put a padlock on my locker so I had to get a janitor to cut it off. I then put a lock of my own in the latch hole but had the inconvience of having to unlock two locks.on the door twice every day. Some tried getting me in trouble by shoving cigarettes up my locker vents. I was and still am both big and strong, but much too slow and clumsy to catch anyone for a physical retaliation, and they well knew this. So I'd get slapped in the head or tripped and they could usually get away. Once I did catch one of them and well did you ever see the film A Christmas Story? It was like that except I beat the kid to a bloody pulp and then beat that bloody pulp into a bloodier pulp. I was lucky to avoid prosecution, and no one cared about the abuse I'd endured for years.

I have no desire to ever see any of these people again. Why would I? I'd much rather be among those I want to be with, rather than those I was forced to endure for reasons of chance and circumstance.

i became acquainted with one of the biggest guys in the school by helping him with homework, money, and the like for help in my school years. Still there was one guy who would wait until i had no help and would give me troubles. i knew i was going to have to take care of him myself. he tried me at a neighborhood baseball game. ended up putting him in the hospital and i never had problems with him again.

I graduated high school over thirty years ago and never went to a single reunion. No desire to do so whatsoever. It's not hyperbole for me to say that the last day of high school is still among one of the happiest days of my life.

I was invited to one and did not go, because as far as I was concerned and still the same thinking, it is all about who is doing better in life; not really about sharing history. And I was treated badly in school too.

I did have a best friend, but she had epilepsy, which was known and yet, she rarely had a day off school. I, on the other hand was deemed normal, because of not having the same health issue, but I was off school a lot, due to neglect etc etc, but to those in my school, I was one to by mocked and two scenes that stayed with me, was one, my bag being thrown on the roof, which made me late for class and of course, being berated for being late. Another, was those in my classes, decided to ignore me completely and sadly, got my friend to as well. She did, however, have the grace to run after me and explain that she felt she had no choice and loved me still and would try to get them to talk to me again.

But, by what you have described, my bullying was mild and other stories I have heard too, are a lot worse than what I was subjected to at school.

I used to get invited to high school reunions a lot (they invite everybody), the last one I got was for the 50th. reunion. That was six years ago. I never went to one. High school was not a pleasant experience for me. A couple of months after graduation, I was in Army basic training. I had a easier time with that.

I wouldn't even know how to learn if I had an upcoming reunion not that I would ever attend one. Do they somehow find a way to contact you? I haven't kept in touch with anyone (deliberate).

Hypothetically, the only reason I'd come to a class reunion is to have one last chance to try to have a one night that with that hot student I wanted to sleep with back then or if there was some other sort of material reward.

Hypothetically, the only reason I'd come to a class reunion is to have one last chance to try to have a one night that with that hot student I wanted to sleep with back then or if there was some other sort of material reward.

Think that's the whole point for some people.

School reunions?

4b6cee26f7aa40dd7ba6582bcfd2f94d.gif

Never got an invitation if i did dont want to feel bad for showing up wannabe snobs i work at Google and make em jelly and cry, im too cool for em.

Either my classes haven't had reunions or maybe I just haven't been invited. Makes no difference to me.

i became acquainted with one of the biggest guys in the school by helping him with homework, money, and the like for help in my school years. Still there was one guy who would wait until i had no help and would give me troubles. i knew i was going to have to take care of him myself. he tried me at a neighborhood baseball game. ended up putting him in the hospital and i never had problems with him again.

People were always surprised to hear that I didn't play sports because of how big I am, and its all muscle. I am way too slow and clumsy though.

I graduated high school over thirty years ago and never went to a single reunion. No desire to do so whatsoever. It's not hyperbole for me to say that the last day of high school is still among one of the happiest days of my life.

Same here. I did run into a few people I went to HS with in college and ignored them like they were dead.

Let's add some music to this thread!

Yeah. High school reunions. Right. :oops:

- Autistic. Guilty as charged.

Last edited:
I was invited to one and did not go, because as far as I was concerned and still the same thinking, it is all about who is doing better in life; not really about sharing history. And I was treated badly in school too.

I did have a best friend, but she had epilepsy, which was known and yet, she rarely had a day off school. I, on the other hand was deemed normal, because of not having the same health issue, but I was off school a lot, due to neglect etc etc, but to those in my school, I was one to by mocked and two scenes that stayed with me, was one, my bag being thrown on the roof, which made me late for class and of course, being berated for being late. Another, was those in my classes, decided to ignore me completely and sadly, got my friend to as well. She did, however, have the grace to run after me and explain that she felt she had no choice and loved me still and would try to get them to talk to me again.

But, by what you have described, my bullying was mild and other stories I have heard too, are a lot worse than what I was subjected to at school.

Totally agreed,.especially with what you said at the top. I'm quite sure it would be a my job and life vs yours comparison thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom