• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you agree that Technology is going too far?

Personally I am against computers being so advanced. This story I think is scary. What do everyone else think?
Google engineer says AI bot wants to ‘serve humanity’ but experts dismissive

Technology itself tends to advance in only one direction. Regardless of societal consequences.

How far? -Until it fails on a colossal scale.

Unless of course one appreciates the circumstances and happenings of another "dark age". Where technological advances for whatever reason are lost. A strange, but very real occurrence for humanity after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Last edited:
Personally I am against computers being so advanced. This story I think is scary. What do everyone else think?
Google engineer says AI bot wants to ‘serve humanity’ but experts dismissive

As I've said many times before, it's not wise to put too much stock in articles like these. I seriously cant grasp why you keep focusing on this stuff.

These "news sites" do not exist to inform you. They exist to profit... nothing more. There's a reason why the titles of these pages are always so... intense. I am going to keep repeating this.

Right now, there's little point in speculating on any of this. All current info is unreliable at best and always, always, always written in such a way as to attempt to cause anxiety in the reader.

As I've said many times before, it's not wise to put too much stock in articles like these. I seriously cant grasp why you keep focusing on this stuff.

These "news sites" do not exist to inform you. They exist to profit... nothing more. There's a reason why the titles of these pages are always so... intense. I am going to keep repeating this.

Right now, there's little point in speculating on any of this. All current info is unreliable at best and always, always, always written in such a way as to attempt to cause anxiety in the reader.

I think 'Judge' agrees with me.

I do not oppose whatever improvements AI might attain (except for the Law of Diminishing Returns), but I believe that it will never produce sentience.

There was a story a few years back about two chatbots communicating with each other and eventually coming up with a language all their own without human input. They got shut down before it went any further than that. I think that it's not a matter of IF AI achieves sentience, but WHEN.

There was a story a few years back about two chatbots communicating with each other and eventually coming up with a language all their own without human input. They got shut down before it went any further than that. I think that it's not a matter of IF AI achieves sentience, but WHEN.

Scary

No such thing as absolute length, life's one big fractal, how many neurons does it takes to make a brain, are human beings the custodian of preventing all cruelty, insects being eaten, predator taking prey in a cruel fashion.

Please can people on this thread let me know if concerning this story, technology might be going too far:-

Okay, that... I dont like that. I normally dont pay attention to "worried about spooky tech" articles, but... yeah. This one bothers me.

Honestly I dont think there's any stopping it though. Most people dont think insects are worth anything at all. Not even considered as living things by most. It's why most wont hesitate to kill a spider merely for existing in their house (as if the poor spider knows any better).

I'll never understand that.

No such thing as absolute length, life's one big fractal, how many neurons does it takes to make a brain, are human beings the custodian of preventing all cruelty, insects being eaten, predator taking prey in a cruel fashion.

There's a huge difference though: predators kill quickly. They dont torture, and they cant steal something's will and control over itself. Well, okay, that weird cordyceps thing can do that to ants, but that's a very wonky exception. Not to mention that predators kill strictly because they need to eat. Not because "bug exists". They're merely following their instincts, not exactly a decision they get to make.

Okay, that... I dont like that. I normally dont pay attention to "worried about spooky tech" articles, but... yeah. This one bothers me.

Honestly I dont think there's any stopping it though. Most people dont think insects are worth anything at all. Not even considered as living things by most. It's why most wont hesitate to kill a spider merely for existing in their house (as if the poor spider knows any better).

I'll never understand that.

There's a huge difference though: predators kill quickly. They dont torture, and they cant steal something's will and control over itself. Well, okay, that weird cordyceps thing can do that to ants, but that's a very wonky exception. Not to mention that predators kill strictly because they need to eat. Not because "bug exists". They're merely following their instincts, not exactly a decision they get to make.
There is a religion for this it is called Jainism, they still slap mosquitoes a friend of mine was one he was not dogmatic.

"The last thing I want is a toilet I can talk to or a smart mirror that shows me my schedule, but... companies are making them anyway...“Your bathroom can be anything you want it to be.”
OK, but what if I want all bathrooms to remain dumb?"

People Are Talking to “Voice Activated” Paper Towel Dispensers

... and.. bathrooms are germy, nasty places. I have rules in my mind for where I can put my toothbrush or lotion or even shampoo and toilet paper, depending on its proximity from the counter to the toilet. The last thing I want are touchscreens in the bathroom. Eww.

I learned something from my daughter-in law to be, got a couple of bidets for my washrooms nothing beats a clean ass once you get one no going back. The thought of spreading fecal material with paper feels no longer feels right.

I learned something from my daughter-in law to be, got a couple of bidets for my washrooms nothing beats a clean ass once you get one no going back. The thought of spreading fecal material with paper feels no longer feels right.
I agree.
I bought a bottle bidet during the Covid-19 TP shortage. I haven't found a plumber who would install a permanent one, though.
full

New Threads

Top Bottom