• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you agree that Technology is going too far?

The toilet seat ones are pretty simple to install. Took my plumber a few minutes for both. My oldest son is waiting for us to give him one as a gift, So if I go to his place and drop a load, I'LL leave the room with a clean ass.

... and.. bathrooms are germy, nasty places. I have rules in my mind for where I can put my toothbrush or lotion or even shampoo and toilet paper, depending on its proximity from the counter to the toilet. The last thing I want are touchscreens in the bathroom. Eww.
Also, the last thing I want in my restroom, is a copy of my schedule. That's my place to relax in a warm bath, or just take 5 from the world. I don't want to hear a phone call or know my schedule or anything. That's why they call it a restroom.

... and.. bathrooms are germy, nasty places. I have rules in my mind for where I can put my toothbrush or lotion or even shampoo and toilet paper, depending on its proximity from the counter to the toilet. The last thing I want are touchscreens in the bathroom. Eww.
It disturbs me when a toaster is smarter than I am. A toilet smarter than I am is going too far.

The toilet seat ones are pretty simple to install. Took my plumber a few minutes for both. My oldest son is waiting for us to give him one as a gift, So if I go to his place and drop a load, I'LL leave the room with a clean ass.
I'm kind of scared of bidets. Not to be gross, but wouldn't you think they could spread sexually transmitted diseases, yeast infections/ringworm/jock itch, or give women urinary tract infections from the backsplash? I don't understand how a bidet could possibly be hygienic. But then again, I've never seen one in real life.

For instance, what if the person who used a bidet just before you had a herpes outbreak, and a bit of the virus splashed back onto the sprayer, which was a wet environment for disease to grow. Then when you used it, some of that virus sprayed onto you, and then everyone who used the bathroom after that person? Wouldn't that expose everyone who used that sprayer?

To me (and I am but an uneducated plebeian), it sounds freaky, like sharing needles. I can be pretty sure that the squares of toilet paper that I'm going to use have never been touched by anyone else's "business". But a bidet, I just don't see how it can be hygienic, unless each person sprays it down with bleach after each use.

Please explain the science of how a bidet works, and how it won't spread disease.

Last edited:
The way I see it, technology can be both good and bad. Which one it becomes depends on how you use it. Nuclear is actually the safest, cleanest, and most efficient form of power when handled correctly but it can also be very dangerous if safety protocols are ignored. Cars help people get to places faster than walking but they also produce pollution which harms the environment. Same with computers and the internet. They can be good for communication and learning new things but they can also be abused to commit identity theft and easy portals for sex offenders to find new victims.

I think autocorrect is a step too far. It seems to be programmed to deliberately warp what you are trying to type into something silly/funny/rude.

image (38).png

I love technological advance in general, but AI is another kind of beast... I think we may be heading to our self destruction.

And I understand this sounds extreme, I don't like talking in these terms, but it does seem like a non-negligible probable outcome.

Some people find this scary, some people find it exciting, for me it's a bit of both. They can now grow a functioning brain in a jar. They talk about using it to advance medicine but I'm thinking more along the lines of can it be a better answer than quantum chip technology?

Some people find this scary, some people find it exciting, for me it's a bit of both. They can now grow a functioning brain in a jar. They talk about using it to advance medicine but I'm thinking more along the lines of can it be a better answer than quantum chip technology?

I'm thinking destroy it with fire, lots and lots of fire. Nothing good will come from that thing. :eek:

Just another quick thought:

That brain in a jar was really bad at playing a ball game. Could it be autistic? :)

Interesting experiment. The scary bit is this: "but Dr Kagan's team are working with bioethicists to ensure they do not accidently create a conscious brain, with all the ethical questions that would raise."

It would suit my general view of the world if the brain they grew in a jar was neurally divergent. A brain that could be a perfect computer except it's got it's back up because the operator is a bully and now it's decided to go non verbal.

I saw an advert asking could artificial intelligence replace the human mind and would that be a bad thing? (Sky big ideas live) I'm shocked some people think this is okay

This is where I live, Scotland...Screenshot_2022-11-17-22-12-57-398.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-17-22-13-57-222.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-17-22-13-57-222.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2022-11-17-22-13-15-367.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-17-22-13-15-367.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 48
I saw an advert asking could artificial intelligence replace the human mind and would that be a bad thing? (Sky big ideas live) I'm shocked some people think this is okay

Something I've said a million times before:

Stop believing every little thing you read. Headlines and articles and even broadcasts arent made with the intention of informing you. They're made with the intention of profiting off of the ad revenue you bring when you engage with it. Even when they're talking about something real, they absolutely WILL screw with the details if they think it'll bring them more money. Whatever they can get away with.

Also really it's the bloody internet. I want to point out a comment I saw under that video:

"There is already an installation of Bluetooth activated nano electronics in the Covid vaccinated."

The creator of the video agreed. Just think about that for a moment. See the problem?

I think that's all I need to say.

It's impossible to tell anymore what's paranoia and what's a legitimate concern about the boundaries being pushed by technology... I think it's already gone too far. Someone who feels like technology is still manageable or sustainable isn't paying attention, in my opinion.

New Threads

Top Bottom