• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've never tried to fit in using whatever is hot at the time. If I don't like something, I can't make myself sit through it. It does make me feel left out - even now. When I'm with all my kids and every one of them are current and discussing 'Sons of Anarchy' and "Walking Dead' or 'American Idol' and I don't know the first thing about any of it so I'm out of the conversation completely. But I'm not going to torture myself watching any of those things just to be part of the conversation. I just wait it out and wait until the conversation changes to something I do know something about. Of course, it doesn't matter any more these days because I can't hear 80% of what's being said and have no idea what they are talking about anyway. :)

And my home decorating style has always been my own. I've seen so many trends come and go - the geese, the farmhouse look, modern, Spanish red with velvet paintings, now llamas. For one thing, I couldn't afford to change everything when the next trend comes up. I remember a friend of mine, with the Spanish theme - they got a black leather couch, the bullfighter black velvet paintings, lights, red carpet, everything. Once that stuff was outdated they had to replace everything. I change things up a lot, but have always had basically the same theme - guess what that theme is? lol

@Pats Eclectic?
I am. I collect odd things and it looks like a museum!
I thought you were asking if I was eclectic? Which, I've been told I am in how I dress. Then I realize you were answering my question., lol I guess you could say so - a lot of southwest - desert colors and patterns, cacti, arrows, and feather mixed with northwestern - pine trees, moose, bear and enlarged photos of rocky mountains and desert scenes. I have a moose figurine in my fish tank. :)

Wow, you two sound like fun! I'm the opposite, with solid colored clothing and nothing but ducks and Winnie the Pooh everywhere! :D

New Threads

Top Bottom