• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do I have high end autism or am I just really emotional due to something I know about?

Oddcampr8292

I have a belief that the world might end some day by the result of the corrupt elite's scheming and this is something I am always distracted by to the point where I do not think many things through all the way.

For example I at age 20 during my work shift have sprayed a scan gun to sanitize it for covid 19 procedures, but I sprayed it in a area where the liquid can fry the gun. I'd been holding this job for months yet I made this mistake after months of working there. I was totally disconnected with the reality of what I was dealing with (the scan gun). Btw I am age 20 and male. I also wanna say that I grew up in a nice neighborhood. I have graduated high school but I never accomplished much without luck. I haven't even gotten laid either. I'm thinking its my lack of accomplishments that's what is causing me to worry about the end of the world...

So do I just have a mild form of autism or is it just my constant despair about the possibility of the end of the world happening?

To my knowledge, worrying about the end of the world isn’t a symptom of autism.
Thank you for expressing your interest in my issue. I appreciate it. Although I didn't say that worrying about the end of the world is a symptom of autism.

I was saying that I am concerned that I may have a autism where I cant think fast enough to have common sense at moments. I'm unsure if my worrying about the end of the world and about karma is the real culprit or if I simply have autism.

Ohhhh I see, sorry. I misunderstood. Not being able to think fast, though, isn’t a symptom of autism either. What made you think it is? Unless I’m misunderstanding again.

Also, autism is a complex disorder with many layers and symptoms, so possessing one trait doesn’t make you autistic.

Ohhhh I see, sorry. I misunderstood. Not being able to think fast, though, isn’t a symptom of autism either. What made you think it is? Unless I’m misunderstanding again.

Also, autism is a complex disorder with many layers and symptoms, so possessing one trait doesn’t make you autistic.

I was under the impression that autism is when you lack the average amount of neurons. its common knowledge that the more neurons a person's brain has, the faster that person's brain processes information. So it would make sense if I were to assume that autism being a condition where one has more difficulty grasping concepts than someone without autism would confirm my suspicion.

I am not too knowledgeable on how neurons work.

Thinking about the end of the world used to be a hobby of mine. I know a few people for whom it became an obsession. Moving off-grid, stockpiling food and ammunition, digging bunkers. There was a sudden upsurge when COVID-19 hit and folks cleaned off all the store shelves of toilet paper and then food.

I grew up during an era when the world really did look like it was going to wipe out most of civilization, if not humanity. We had duck and cover drills in schools. Children saw instructional movies about how to survive the initial effects of a nuclear bomb - assuming you weren't too close. Building bomb shelters in the basement or back yard. The President going on television to announce that we were on the brink of nuclear war. The Soviets screaming in the UN that they would bury us.

That was under John F. Kennedy. Twenty years later we went thru the same thing with the Reagan administration.

On a deep level, hardcore survivalist types might secretly want some kind of global cataclysm because they simply don't fit into standard society. It is easy to work that into a belief in inevitability. They see it as taking down all the popular, affluent, highly social people and leaving them behind as the model to be emulated because they laid away a year's worth of food and a thousand round each for a half dozen firearms. Kind of a "better to rule in Hell than to be the dirt in paradise" sort of thing. This could be an aspie thing because we do feel like aliens in a world that has no use for us.

Anyone else sensing some "Walking Dead" vibes here?

This is not the same as the guy who keeps a couple of weeks' worth of food and water on hand and lots of warm clothing in case the power fails. Or keeps a bug-out-bag in case of evacuation. Or has a good place to hide in case of a tornado warning. That's just being prudent. I've been through enough earthquakes and wildfires and blizzards to know that these sorts of things happen.

Can't say I've ever "worried" about it. If it happens, it happens and there's nothing to be done for it. Whether it happens or not, your worry was a waste of time and energy that only detracted from the life you could have had.

I was under the impression that autism is when you lack the average amount of neurons. its common knowledge that the more neurons a person's brain has, the faster that person's brain processes information. So it would make sense if I were to assume that autism being a condition where one has more difficulty grasping concepts than someone without autism would confirm my suspicion.

I am not too knowledgeable on how neurons work.
Nope, 'not thinking fast' is not a symptom of autism. An autistic person can think very fast if they have a specialty they are interested in. OTOH, there are plenty of NT folk whose brains move glacially.

Sounds like you just let your mind wander. Or maybe had a brain fart. Everyone does that once in a while if they don't make a point of staying focused.

I was saying that I am concerned that I may have a autism where I cant think fast enough to have common sense at moments.

That can happen to most anyone, particularly if they're under stress. I know that's happened to me on occasion over the years. And there's a whole lot of stress going on during this pandemic.

Conversely my job for many years was as an insurance underwriter. Make very fast decisions involving risk assessment and how much of a potential liability they could be despite whatever premium dollars were taken in. Lots of common sense built into the equation. Quite stressful at times.

Yet I don't feel this negates the likelihood of my being on the spectrum of autism either.

Bottom line- You'd have to tell a great deal about yourself before we could even reasonably guess as to whether or not you might be on the spectrum of autism. Best to simply begin reading a lot here, and interacting with us in comparison with yourself.

Your worry can be a symptom of OCD. Yes, autism can be associated with fixation on topics, but not in that way. Yes, anxiety is co-morbid with autism. Yes, autism can have processing issues, but usually with executive function. But other conditions might result in those as well. Primarily, autism is a deficit in social communication.

If you are having problems, please seek a professional to find out the cause. There are so many conditions that have autistic traits that simply having a trait does not mean you have autism. We simply can't tell you from what you have described if you have autism. Given your description, I think there might be other conditions that could be the root.

I can answer you regarding the world issues, but you would have to inbox me.

I do not think it is an aspie trait, since non aspies are also frightened of what is happening and were are we heading to.

I have a belief that the world might end some day by the result of the corrupt elite's scheming and this is something I am always distracted by to the point where I do not think many things through all the way.

For example I at age 20 during my work shift have sprayed a scan gun to sanitize it for covid 19 procedures, but i sprayed it in a area where the liquid can fry the gun. Id been holding this job for months yet I made this mistake after months of working there. I was totally disconnected with the reality of what I was dealing with (the scan gun). Btw I am age 20 and male. I also wanna say that I grew up in a nice neighborhood. I have graduated high school but I never accomplished much without luck. I havent even gotten laid either. I'm thinking its my lack of accomplishments thats what is causing me to worry about the end of the world...

So do i just have a mild form of autism or is it just my constant despair about the possibility of the end of the world happening?

You might be dealing with high levels of anxiety, you might be depressed, you might have a physical illness, you might have vitamin deficiencies. You might have other deficiencies. You might also be on the autism spectrum. It could be all of the above and more or none at all.

If I were you, I’d start thinking ahead and figure out what the answer would mean. Finding out what’s happening is just a step.

You should know that everyone’s dealing with various issues.

I often lose sense of time and reality. Brain is an extraordinary and mysterious organ. Sometimes there’s nothing too serious but your symptoms could lead you to believe you have a terminal illness. Sometimes they lead you to think your brain isn’t functioning the way it should. Worrying will make things worse, that’s for sure.

Also, you’re a 20 year-old male. Your symptoms might be simply due to age and gender.

Can't say I've ever "worried" about it. If it happens, it happens and there's nothing to be done for it. Whether it happens or not, your worry was a waste of time and energy that only detracted from the life you could have had.

This is how I look at the mess the world is in today. COVID, economy, politics, accusations on certain
subjects. I don't find myself worried about it.
Look at all the bad times in history this planet has gone through.
Everyone is saying this is the worst. I doubt it. We just didn't expect to live during one of
Earth's traumas.
But, it happens. And, yes, someday the world will end. That's reality.
It just isn't one of the things I worry about.

There are other mental health issues that can cause an obsession on one certain worry like that.
I went through an obsessional thought I couldn't stop thinking about around age 13.
It seemed to be caused by anxiety disorder that started at that age.

But, I agree, autism roots are mainly having social deficits and a lot of sensory issues came with
mine.
Sounds like your obsession is something to look into professionally. You'll learn more about
what is happening.

It could be you are in hormone charged land, quite common for your age group. l do remember asking my mom if the world could end in my teenage years. Being young comes with a lot of not understanding things around you. The covid thing means many younger people are frighten to date. l sometimes get frighten to grocery shop. Is it a valid fear, maybe not,but l still hate to shop. Even going to my xmas party this year has me stressed out. Do you feel you suffer from anxiety?

Nope, 'not thinking fast' is not a symptom of autism. An autistic person can think very fast if they have a specialty they are interested in. OTOH, there are plenty of NT folk whose brains move glacially.

Sounds like you just let your mind wander. Or maybe had a brain fart. Everyone does that once in a while if they don't make a point of staying focused.

Is it true that autists cant handle complex info without struggling? I always heard thats the case and I assumed it as fact. If its true then that would explain why i said they cant think fast...

Because it would mean i was saying they can't think fast about certain things. But the way I worded it was poor. Obviously autists can think fast enough to handle basic tasks, however i see no evidence they can handle complex info quickly without memorizing the answers prior.

On a side note, I dont intend to offend anyone here or come off as rude. I just have little knowledge on autism hence why I asked the questions I have.

Your worry can be a symptom of OCD. Yes, autism can be associated with fixation on topics, but not in that way. Yes, anxiety is co-morbid with autism. Yes, autism can have processing issues, but usually with executive function. But other conditions might result in those as well. Primarily, autism is a deficit in social communication.

If you are having problems, please seek a professional to find out the cause. There are so many conditions that have autistic traits that simply having a trait does not mean you have autism. We simply can't tell you from what you have described if you have autism. Given your description, I think there might be other conditions that could be the root.

Thank you for the input, it really helps.

I struggle socially and have all my life. When we consider that and all the other symptoms I mentioned about me in the original post it sounds like me having aspergers.

Of course I was raised by two parents who neglected me emotionally, which may explain why I was anti social. So perhaps my lack of socializing all my life has been due to how I was raised and not aspergers?

You might be dealing with high levels of anxiety, you might be depressed, you might have a physical illness, you might have vitamin deficiencies. You might have other deficiencies. You might also be on the autism spectrum. It could be all of the above and more or none at all.

If I were you, I’d start thinking ahead and figure out what the answer would mean. Finding out what’s happening is just a step.

You should know that everyone’s dealing with various issues.

I often lose sense of time and reality. Brain is an extraordinary and mysterious organ. Sometimes there’s nothing too serious but your symptoms could lead you to believe you have a terminal illness. Sometimes they lead you to think your brain isn’t functioning the way it should. Worrying will make things worse, that’s for sure.

Also, you’re a 20 year-old male. Your symptoms might be simply due to age and gender.

Hi, thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

All of the basic tasks Ive remembered to do ive done all my life but when its come to complex tasks Ive failed A LOT. I was raised in a safe neighborhood but my parents who emotionally neglected me from a very young age.

Memories of how they raised me doesnt hurt me emotionally, but its led me to discover the possibilities about the end of the world and religious dogma. I graduated elementary school and high school, only did okay in the easy classes where I excelled (Gym and writing).
Any other classes i passed by cheating.

So unsure if that was due to me feeling isolated at home or if it was any autism i had or both.

It could be you are in hormone charged land, quite common for your age group. l do remember asking my mom if the world could end in my teenage years. Being young comes with a lot of not understanding things around you. The covid thing means many younger people are frighten to date. l sometimes get frighten to grocery shop. Is it a valid fear, maybe not,but l still hate to shop. Even going to my xmas party this year has me stressed out. Do you feel you suffer from anxiety?

Hi thanks for the input.

Yeah but I struggle to do complex tasks, something that kids my age dont do.

Kids your age, same as adults our age, lie and keep things from each other and they pretend most of the time.

You sound very normal to me. Naturally, you think there must more to whatever’s happening in your life. Because billions of people but we are all very special, right? And we long for answers about our issues confirming that we are special.

Oh and hi, I’m cynical according to many. But I consider myself to be more of a realist.

Also, things will get better and worse. They always do.
The best advice is to be present and have as much awareness as you can, which will happen through maintaining your presence in the “now.” If you can enjoy simple things, why not do that?

At the moment, I’m enjoying talking to people here and reading the things they post.

I’m broken. But it won’t help me much to keep asking what broke me. Not now, anyway.

Also, things will get better and worse. They always do.
The best advice is to be present and have as much awareness as you can, which will happen through maintaining your presence in the “now.” If you can enjoy simple things, why not do that?

At the moment, I’m enjoying talking to people here and reading the things they post.

I’m broken. But it won’t help me much to keep asking what broke me. Not now, anyway.

We are all broken. It's easier to control by those in power. I just try to figure out who is more broken then me at work.

New Threads

Top Bottom