• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Do certain people make you sick?

As do I. -_-

I haven't talked to my mother for a few years now, and kind of prefer it that way :( She abandoned me at the age of twenty two and suddenly dropped me off at my dad's place when he was still living with his girlfriend and I got the message when we barely talked on Facebook.

I guess I was always a problem child and can't really blame her right ?

The type of people who make me literally sick are those who treat their fellow humans as scum and less than human because their convinced of their superiority over all others :(

Narcissists. I have a rather high tolerance threshold, majority of the time, and rarely ever snap, or get angry.

With Narcissists though, they can really get under my skin; I've learned to avoid them at all costs, and try to disassociate myself from them emotionally.

I can also get angry at injustice. I can't stand seeing someone mistreat someone else, and can get rather defensive. When people underestimate me, and are rude or abusive, I can surprise them quite easily; a power I wield quite proudly.

OMG! so do I. My dad was undiagnosed Narcissist a-hole, and I can't even stand thought of hearing his voice.

I hate people who abuse animals, too.

There are very, very few people that I am scared of or am petrified to be around. The vast majority of people I dislike evoke a range from annoyance, avoidance, and malevolence.
Outright sick or nauseated... I can't think of any. Nausea may be a minor or secondary feeling, but if I feel that way toward them, it's very likely I have greater malevolence toward them.

Yes, my older sister because she likes to manage people and I don't like people trying to boss me around. People like my uncle who every time they see me bombard me with small talk and questions about myself just in order to be polite but aren't really interested. People who talk too much when they have nothing of interest to say and they just talk for the sake of talking, and people who always want to be the centre of attention.

I don't know about being able to pick up another person's "aura," but I do feel unease to the point of being physically ill around certain people....particularly my stepmother when she wants to talk about school or confront me about something. It sometimes can get to where I get irritable bowel syndrome when I stay at my parents' house for extended periods of time.

Narcissists. I have a rather high tolerance threshold, majority of the time, and rarely ever snap, or get angry.

With Narcissists though, they can really get under my skin; I've learned to avoid them at all costs, and try to disassociate myself from them emotionally.

I can also get angry at injustice. I can't stand seeing someone mistreat someone else, and can get rather defensive. When people underestimate me, and are rude or abusive, I can surprise them quite easily; a power I wield quite proudly.

Hi Vanilla do recognize this sort of conversation. Ooh I love you, you're so wonderful, everything you say is so wise, oh you're the best. Aaaaagh! YOU GOT ME A WHEAT TORTEA TACO YOU STUPID NO GOOD @#$##$%*%. Oh you're so wonderful bla bla bla!o_O

Hi Vanilla do recognize this sort of conversation. Ooh I love you, you're so wonderful, everything you say is so wise, oh you're the best. Aaaaagh! YOU GOT ME A WHEAT TORTEA TACO YOU STUPID NO GOOD @#$##$%*%. Oh you're so wonderful bla bla bla!o_O
Sounds like you're dealing with a fairly unstable individual there. I do recognise it though. Do you need to talk about it? Feel free to PM if you want to.

Sounds like you're dealing with a fairly unstable individual there. I do recognise it though. Do you need to talk about it? Feel free to PM if you want to.

No ha ha! I'm okay they're gone now that's my ex-es step mom who nuked me.:rolleyes: Throw in some crying and screaming a little emotional blackmail, and you've made it through one day at their house.:p Day 2 likely the same. o_O Day 3 worse.:confused: and so on...but I escaped ha ha! ;) sunny days ahead for me.:sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

Last edited:
No ha ha! I'm okay their gone now that's my ex-es step mom who nuked me.:rolleyes: Throw in some crying and screaming a little emotional blackmail, and you've made it through one day at their house.:p Day 2 likely the same. o_O Day 3 worse.:confused: and so on...but I escaped ha ha! ;) sunny days ahead for me.:sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:
Glad to hear it :)

Glad to hear it :)

Yeah! saw a Doctor talking about what Narcissists look like on youtube I thought he was going to hold her picture up.:rolleyes: It is quite shocking tho when you meet someone like that.:confused: They can be very charming but when you see their dark side it's like you're looking at 2 people one good and one evil with nothing in between. Maybe thats the problem, (no soft in between), just love me and give what I want NOW, or DIE NOW. It still makes my stomach a little queasy when I think about it, it is hard for me to imagine treating people so callously. o_O

Yeah! saw a Doctor talking about what Narcissists look like on youtube I thought he was going to hold her picture up.:rolleyes: It is quite shocking tho when you meet someone like that.:confused: They can be very charming but when you see their dark side it's like you're looking at 2 people one good and one evil with nothing in between. Maybe thats the problem, (no soft in between), just love me and give what I want NOW, or DIE NOW. It still makes my stomach a little queasy when I think about it, it is hard for me to imagine treating people so callously. o_O
Yes, they are rather complicated individuals, but once you've met one, you can spot others, more easily. They're rather hard to forget.

My father. I think because proximity to him causes me to have a great deal of anxiety but I'm expected not to run away. So forcing myself to stay creates this sort of ill feeling. Plus, I feel sort of...invaded. Then I get confused and can't think straight. Sometimes it's a struggle not to cry but I can't explain why I feel that way at the time.

People that have unpredictable ways of acting every time you meet them, makes me feel very unsafe. As an example, my dads younger brother and his wife, can be in a good mood for a while at a family party, only to freak out over some minor thing a moment later.

As an aspie (and with my limited skills in "reading between the lines) this feels like walking on thin ice, every time im close to them. But lucky for me (hehe) they live in the opposite part of my country, and they dont attend family gatherings that often.

Yes, they are rather complicated individuals, but once you've met one, you can spot others, more easily. They're rather hard to forget.

Hi Vanilla you are right there seems to be a pattern there of TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING. They sort of just try to smother you with friendship, flattery, gifts, love, but if you cross them on what they want it can turn instantly into crying, raging, threats,wiled accusations, slander, savage vendettas, and maybe even false police charges. I managed to get out before they had a chance to try to make something up and try to use the police to ruin me. But I am fairly certain now that they made some very serious false charges against other people, in court divorce and custody cases. These kinds of people seem to have endless sob stories to gain your sympathy, but if you watch closely they are always bending the facts heavily in their favor and most of the blood is on their hands. It is a hard thing I feel bad not being able to be helpful and warm towards them, and my Dad goes on and on about christian duty. But with some people the risk and damage level is just too high, what can you do?

Hi Vanilla you are right there seems to be a pattern there of TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING. They sort of just try to smother you with friendship, flattery, gifts, love, but if you cross them on what they want it can turn instantly into crying, raging, threats,wiled accusations, slander, savage vendettas, and maybe even false police charges. I managed to get out before they had a chance to try to make something up and try to use the police to ruin me. But I am fairly certain now that they made some very serious false charges against other people, in court divorce and custody cases. These kinds of people seem to have endless sob stories to gain your sympathy, but if you watch closely they are always bending the facts heavily in their favor and most of the blood is on their hands. It is a hard thing I feel bad not being able to be helpful and warm towards them, and my Dad goes on and on about christian duty. But with some people the risk and damage level is just too high, what can you do?
Wow, you really did have a bad one there! I only know of one other person, who's had to deal with one as bad as yours sounds. Yeah...stay away, and drop all communications. That's all you can do.

Wow, you really did have a bad one there! I only know of one other person, who's had to deal with one as bad as yours sounds. Yeah...stay away, and drop all communications. That's all you can do.

Oh Vanilla?, I thought that was what all narcissists looked like? Of course I've only met this one and she seems to look like the sociopath version on youtube. I'm really not exaggerating I could tell you stories that would curl your hair. What I can't figure out is why I ever went near them, maybe after you're around people for a while you stop seeing how messed up they are? Were yours not this bad?

Not that bad, no, but still bad. Much manipulation, sabotage, and generally nasty behaviour. Yes, they do sometimes tend to border sociopathic behaviour. I believe you. I'm sure many other members can relate too, as I've spoken to a few, who have also been unfortunate enough, to come across one or two. The reason you get sucked in at first, is because they don't reveal their true selves, until you're close to them. Before that, they are simply charming (often, too good to be true). They get you hooked on them, then they abuse you. It's a horrible experience for anyone who's had to deal with them.

You can see many stories here, on this support forum. It's for those who have dealt with narcassists, sociopaths, psychopaths, and the like: Psychopath Free | Narcissist, Sociopath, and Psychopath Abuse Recovery

Not that bad, no, but still bad. Much manipulation, sabotage, and generally nasty behaviour. Yes, they do sometimes tend to border sociopathic behaviour. I believe you. I'm sure many other members can relate too, as I've spoken to a few, who have also been unfortunate enough, to come across one or two. The reason you get sucked in at first, is because they don't reveal their true selves, until you're close to them. Before that, they are simply charming (often, too good to be true). They get you hooked on them, then they abuse you. It's a horrible experience for anyone who's had to deal with them.

You can see many stories here, on this support forum. It's for those who have dealt with narcassists, sociopaths, psychopaths, and the like: Psychopath Free | Narcissist, Sociopath, and Psychopath Abuse Recovery

I agree with you Vanilla, I still feel I should have listened to my intuition more I had a bad feeling about that lady from day one. But my Dad kept telling me she was not so bad and he was fixing her, Bla bla, making me feel like I was too judgemental. And her step daughter was cute, and we got on well, and I was lonely, stupid me, it did take them 2 years tho to wear me down on the going out with the step daughter thing. But you are right they start out like cake frosting but once you take a bite it's like rotten fish underneath. I hope that other aspies and auties study up on spotting these personalities so they don't suffer like me.

Oh man, so glad I've never had a narcissist, such as you guys describe, in my personal life. Don't know if I've had acquaintances in that category. However, there is an ex-boss that I wonder about...

Oh man, so glad I've never had a narcissist, such as you guys describe, in my personal life. Don't know if I've had acquaintances in that category. However, there is an ex-boss that I wonder about...
Yeah...not fun. Hope you never have to get too close to one.

New Threads

Top Bottom