• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Do certain people make you sick?

aditdragon

Do you have this feeling. Certain people makes you feel sick and paralyze, like in the matrix movie, the nebukadnezar ship fires EMP, and all he sentinels die. So, the point is certain people kind of firing EMP from their aura and you're kind of that sentinel, cause I had that kind of feeling, sorry for making everyone confuse, but I try to neutralize that feeling. The secret is confidence.

Do you have this feeling. Certain people makes you feel sick and paralyze, like in the matrix movie, the nebukadnezar ship fires EMP, and all he sentinels die. So, the point is certain people kind of firing EMP from their aura and you're kind of that sentinel, cause I had that kind of feeling, sorry for making everyone confuse, but I try to neutralize that feeling. The secret is confidence.
Yes,in a way. I have seen all the matrix movies, and would say that is a good discription to the effect some people have on me. I am dealing with the Sister of a fellow that I cook for, and she is one of these who continiously talks,and much about ''Girly'' things. there are other things she tries to do, that causes me to lock up to where it's even hard to think straight.This on top of my trying to do College studies,has me frazzled. I must admit I am not very confident,when around her because she dominates,and I haven't a clue as to how to deal other than to ''Disappear'' when she returns from somewhere. :wtf:

Love it, i know exactly what you mean :) also just had an image pop in my head of a proximity alarm when ever they get close :p

My manager does that to me, I am usually pretty confident at work, as my all time interest IS my work. But something about him really messes with me. He runs every conversation off topic, and any complaint or even a positive suggestion he will somehow turn against me. I will eventuallly need to find another job as my immediate supervisors health is deteriorating and I am probably the person to fill his spot, since I am being taught all the reports and paperwork, "just in case" The only reason I can deal with him at all now is I only see him one or two times a month. He doesn't really speak to me anymore than hello if we pass in the hall. I remind myself it's him, not me. And his attitude and behavior towards me is what is causing the problems, not my attitude and behavior. I have worked for some real azzholes before, liars, lazy bosses, credit stealers, even a boss who was afraid of me because I knew more than he did, etc.. but never for someone who's main goal seems to be to "keep me in my place" even though I want nothing more than to be part of a well run organization.

confidence is just knowing you can do somthing
Agreed. Which is why I don't think "just do it action" suffices. If you know how to do something, than the social anxiety as manifested by "made to feel sick by a particular person" would be unfounded. It is simply a neurotypical anxiety disorder. Being that we have developmental disorders and have ******(/ "different") social cognition– aka: actually don't know what to do– our lack of confidence is well-founded.

Now, not everyone with a PDD has this "social anxiety" component... Some people seem to be totally immune to it... but ultimately I think this reflects the strategy an autistic person has adopted in relation to their participation (/ lack of) in mainstream neurotypical social behaviour. For me, my childhood strategy for dealing with having "bad-brains" was to get as good as I could at faking it. I special-interest focused on monitoring neurotypical social behaviour, so that I could imitate and participate more convincingly. Other people will special-interest focus in on something like maths that is totally separate from NT-social-thinking. They don't bother monitoring social stuff if they aren't motivated to (convincingly or successfully) participate in it. Not everyone on the spectrum is as extreme as I am... my aspie tunnel-vision is focused on this... but it is entirely possible that someone could be tunnel-visioned on something like computer-science, and also maintain an interest in trying to figure this out... so they can participate more in social stuff/ figure out what makes them "awkward"; potentially making them more vulnerable to the kind of anxiety we've been describing.

Whiners and complainers drag me down. I can understand if you're upset about something and complaining, but not EVERYTHING. And I don't do "what if's". My Mama lives in "what if's". What if this had happened or what if that goes on. We've had multiple arguments actually. I'm a realist. "What if that had happened" is in the past - nothing I can do about it now, it's done. "What if this goes on" is in the future - I can't control the future and I can't be sure of what will happen in the future, but since I'm a realist I do try to prepare for what "might" happen to some extent. Those types of people just zap my energy.

Whiners and complainers drag me down. I can understand if you're upset about something and complaining, but not EVERYTHING. And I don't do "what if's". My Mama lives in "what if's". What if this had happened or what if that goes on. We've had multiple arguments actually. I'm a realist. "What if that had happened" is in the past - nothing I can do about it now, it's done. "What if this goes on" is in the future - I can't control the future and I can't be sure of what will happen in the future, but since I'm a realist I do try to prepare for what "might" happen to some extent. Those types of people just zap my energy.

Yep. We call them "energy vampires".

My mother and sister in laws...oh they are so opposite of me that my normally talkative self (only around the few I'm comfortable with) just shuts down. I try to be social and have gotten better at it but his sister is 15 and so loud and annoying and his step mom is very...bitchy and puts expectations on people. I've never really felt "worthy" of his step mom and moms acceptance especially his step mom who has done some pretty disrespectful things. So it makes me uncomfortable to be around them but I might hide it kinda well. I think...

Narcissists. I have a rather high tolerance threshold, majority of the time, and rarely ever snap, or get angry.

With Narcissists though, they can really get under my skin; I've learned to avoid them at all costs, and try to disassociate myself from them emotionally.

I can also get angry at injustice. I can't stand seeing someone mistreat someone else, and can get rather defensive. When people underestimate me, and are rude or abusive, I can surprise them quite easily; a power I wield quite proudly.

I work retail, so I could make an ENDLESS wall of text in response to this! Suffice to say...many people make me want to stab them in the eyes, or vomit on their fancy $300 shoes. :)

I work retail, so I could make an ENDLESS wall of text in response to this! Suffice to say...many people make me want to stab them in the eyes, or vomit on their fancy $300 shoes. :)

Lol, as bad as it sounds, I understand :p

You should post some of those customer horror stories on notalwaysright.com :p

Not much for singular people, but when I am in a closely huddled crowd that won't let me pass it is KARATE CHOPPING TIME! (Not really, but you know what I mean. It makes me really uncomfortable -_-) This Black Cat does not like crowds :(

I also have a hatred for being ordered around. When somebody orders me to do something, then I feel really angry inside. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom