• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dissertation research on autism and H.E. access

Hi! I completed your survey.

I just wanted to comment that I found the questions a bit too open ended - it's nice to have a free-text box to say anything, but sometimes I find it easier when there are options or prompts. Something else I noticed is that this is the first survey I've completed that did not ask about location. While it may not be particularly pertinent to your questions, sometimes it can be interesting to see if responses from a certain country are comparable to, or significantly different from responses received from another country.

Good luck with your paper.

I was identified as gifted, but not autistic (dx @45).
I was focused in class, but not for homework (in high school), but that worked in classes that put more weight on tests. My 2e son's homework load was adjusted in high school.
I was more attentive to homework after high school.

I was not good at timed tests, but I got a little better in time for the PSAT & the SAT.
(I still didn't complete the science section, but got a good score anyway.)
My 2e son also struggled with that even after they gave him more time for his ACT.

yep I was the same at school really good at class work and coursework’s but I just could not do exams managed to still get slightly abov3 average on them but the anxiety makde exam# hard for me

This one made me lol not sure where you got the idea of 14 from, I’m a university student in their final year… I’d be pretty impressed if a 14 year old was writing a dissertation aha. I’ve found that there is a lack of current research in autism particularly in girls hence why I am doing a primary research study and not a secondary study such as a literature review

It's what's listed on your profile. Click on your name/Id under your avatar.

I think what you call 'primary' is better. More actual research. Meta studies seem like trying to glean a few bits off already harvested fields.

yep I was the same at school really good at class work and coursework’s but I just could not do exams managed to still get slightly abov3 average on them but the anxiety makde exam# hard for me
I did fine on routine tests where the time element was negligible.
Making sure that I correctly understood the material was more important to me than grades were.
If I did misunderstand a concept, I would learn when it was corrected.
Better grades just followed.

For the SAT (senior year), I was humming tunes from Grammar Rock during its Language section.
Conjunction Junction (a.k.a. Schoolhouse Rock)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom