• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did you ever break the law? Curiosity only.

Ever broke the law?

• Never

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Once or twice

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • At least three times in my life

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
Me too. Poor errors of judgment, and not sensing danger led to some community service etc although I haven't directly hurt anyone except mainly myself. Idle impulsive curiousity killed the cat, and I'm now terrified of pushing big red buttons. Is foolish impulsiveness a common Aspie trait?

ive done various things like plenty of pirating,drinking in a pub underage-i never understood why a drink had an age minimum,beating up police officers during meltdowns [they werent classed as offenses though as i did not have the mental capacity],growing two purple kush cannabis plants,smoking/eating cannabis, being passenger on a large;not roadworthy quadbike without a helmet speeding...

A few times, but I felt SO badly about it. When I was 13, my 19 year old sister tried to convince me that stealing was so fun! I tried it with her and I still feel awful pangs of guilt. I remember wondering how she thought it was fun because it was miserable. I don't even like jaywalking. Trying illegal substances and underage drinking once were the only other ones.

2/3rds of us (so far) have "broken the law" multiple times.

Are we a bunch of criminals, or are there so many laws that you can't help but break them?

2/3rds of us (so far) have "broken the law" multiple times.

Are we a bunch of criminals, or are there so many laws that you can't help but break them?
I am a mechanical junkie,do the math on that :D

Sure, nothing serious though. In my opinion some laws are just self defeating. Some are even contrary to other ones in the USA. I never did anything that caused harm other than breaking a window on an abandoned house when I was like twelve though.

Well um... I found a loophole to get free internet on my Verizon prepaid phone when I was 14 [emoji28].... But it's kind of bad on their part because it was easy to figure out. I just went to the previous history and I didn't have to pay 99 cents that day.

Well um... I found a loophole to get free internet on my Verizon prepaid phone when I was 14 [emoji28].... But it's kind of bad on their part because it was easy to figure out. I just went to the previous history and I didn't have to pay 99 cents that day.
I remember doing something similar a few years ago at my local library. You have to pay to unblock search engines to browse regular sites for a certain time period. The only sites that were free to view were certain informational pages they gave links to.

The way I got around it was by clicking on one of their links to take me to one of their pages with links to view national newspaper websites of their choosing. One of them had a google web search engine toolbar which wasn't blocked, clearly an oversight on the libraries part. Eventually they seemed to cotton on to it and they removed that particular website from their list.

I agree most offences are of trivial moral obscurity so I would only feel shame for making other people's life miserable by saying something hurtful without realising it. I do that a lot and I wish I didn't

I agree most offences are of trivial moral obscurity so I would only feel shame for making other people's life miserable by saying something hurtful without realising it. I do that a lot and I wish I didn't
Same. I cannot forgive myself over some things I've said and done. Particularly with my gf in the USA who I love very much and always will. I thought I was helping, but now in hindsight it was the other way around, and combined with something else (unconnected) which means I can now no longer move or even visit there, it's so obvious to me now that I will likely continually beat myself up over it for the rest of my life. She is the most lovliest and most forgiving person I know and she deserves better. Unlike her with me though I right now feel that I am unable to ever forgive myself that I literally cry helplessly every single day now.

I'm afraid I'd have to preface any such question being mindful of two points of US Constitutional law. The Fifth Amendment and our Miranda Rights. :p

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you."

I'm afraid I'd have to preface any such question being mindful of two points of US Constitutional law. The Fifth Amendment and our Miranda Rights. :p

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you."
I was once told by an officer of the law that nobody ever gets arrested for breaking a law,they only get arrested for getting caught :p

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

I think civil forfeiture seriously violates this provision in many cases.

What degree of breaking the law are we talking about? The first time I drank and got drunk I went drunk to high school when I was 16yo, it was english class and I had some work to do, damn my handwriting sucked and I had to show it to my teacher but she didn't say anything.

A couple of years ago before an Amon Amarth concert I smoked weed for first and only time, it was interesting but never hooked me, it was like meh.

And well as probably 99% of the world I usually download music, movies and stuff, but when I have the money I buy the cd's/dvd's.

I was arrested during a demonstration against an arms fair and charged with obstructing the public highway. I pleaded guilty to avoid repeated court visits and got a criminal record for the next five years, but some of the other demonstrators pleaded not guilty and managed to wangle a conditional discharge. Win some, lose some...

New Threads

Top Bottom