• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did I make a new friend? Feeling clueless

if you want to talk to him then talk to him. If you don't, then don't.

even if the guy does want to hook up just let them know that's not what you're interested in if you feel he's steering you that way. at that point they'll probably stop talking to you but whatever...move on.

and remember, you're not obligated to do anything you don't want to.

Cinnamon. He texted YOU. So respond how and when YOU would respond. If you just be yourself then the friendship or whatever will be based on who you are.

Your questions don't sound weird! You sound just like me!

Well, I guess that doesn't make them NOT weird, sounding like me. That might make worse...:eek:

No, they're not weird! I'm sure of it! :D

I would do nothing and a friendship would only occur if the other person made an unreasonable amount of effort to make it happen. :) I'm not saying do that, but that is what I do.

It worked once, and it was the first time I made friends in over a decade! :cool:

It's what the Christians call "a miracle". ;)

I agree! Not weird questions. I am still figuring out friendships!

I think though try to put in a little effort but not too much, which I know is hard. I feel like I'm always either bombarding people or completely forgetting they even exist in the world.

I've said hi to him a few times when I see him on campus. I didn't text back, as I don't think I'm ready to make new friends right now. But everything is fine now, so thank you, all of you, for your help!

New Threads

Top Bottom