• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did anyone else not realise that all those threads were games?

In all fairness, my first cue that helped me make up my mind about what I was looking at was the fact that they're all posted in the "Forum Games" section. No telling what I would've thought if I had missed that detail.

In all fairness, my first cue that helped me make up my mind about what I was looking at was the fact that they're all posted in the "Forum Games" section. No telling what I would've thought if I had missed that detail.

Never went to it. I stick to new posts.

Nope, I didn't have a clue either. The subtlety of it all was very apparent...I mean, "Forum Games" is the last place you'd expect to see such a thing. It would have taken some detective work to figure it out, on par with the great Sherlock (whichever one you prefer, modern or classic).

Last edited:
You are in no way stupid hombre. After about a year here I noticed that you could post photographs. Depends what interests you I suppose.

Upon my arrival here, I went straight for the music and word-games threads, as those were my favorite things to partake in, on a different forum I had been a member of, in the past. But, like you, if I merely view new posts that pop up, I will not have realized that a 'Game' post is a game, by merely, reading the title, and, this is what occurred, when I noticed tree's newly posted games show up, on my screen. The ones tiled: 'Feelings' and 'Mutation'. I clicked on both, and found them to be Games, but, from the titles, alone, thought they'd be posts, pertaining to the titles, actual, subject matter.

: ))

Last edited:
That's... good to know? Didn't know it either, although I didn't really look for forum games anyway. Not my cup of tea.

I usually look at the top of the page when I click on a new post to see what section it's in.
Sometimes I like some of the games. Especially word games.

I have previously noticed the fact that @tree posts a lot of games, and usually the thread titles have capital letters. So when I see thread like that, I suspect a game. I then look to see in which forum it has been posted. I agree that it's not always immediately obvious - I have to look to check that it's a game, usually stated in the first post, but if you have things set up to read only new posts, it's easy to miss!!

I have previously noticed the fact that @tree posts a lot of games, and usually the thread titles have capital letters. So when I see thread like that, I suspect a game. I then look to see in which forum it has been posted. I agree that it's not always immediately obvious - I have to look to check that it's a game, usually stated in the first post, but if you have things set up to read only new posts, it's easy to miss!!

Just thought people needed reminding that I'm not always as brilliant as they all think :)

After about a year of posting on the game threads it sank in.

Prior to that realization, what did you suppose they were?

---

When I first started using this forum,
there were 5 pages of Games. I didn't
realize that there were 5 pages, at first,
and that I could look at all of them.

But it was apparent that this place was
divided into categories which included
Games, "Serious Discussions," Love/Dating
and so on.

Prior to that realization, what did you suppose they were?

My process didn't stretch that far.
I have a trend where I try to define as little as possible.

I guess I thought it was just a thing.
Answer a question with a question . - okay. Did that .
Didn't consider it a game.

After having done that a lot at one point I wondered where are the games..
Then rather than sticking to new posts only I ventured out into the rest of the site.

Game-blindness

New Threads

Top Bottom