• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Delivery Driver

Chaseman394

PDD-NOS
So i applied for a new job as a delivery driver for a pizza place and I'm nervous about it and i have an interview set up and a part of me knows i need it but the other part of me makes me feel like I shouldn't, so I'm just conflicted. But this always happens when I try to get a new job.

This should be interesting. You should ask about tips, and how is gas expense calculated? If you get in a accident, who pays? You may have to notify your car insurance that you use your car for deliveries.

Last edited:
This should be interesting. You should ask about tips, and how is gas expense calculated? If you get in a accident, who pays? You may have to notify your car insurance that you use your car for deliverys.
I'm not worried about the driving part, more like what do I say to the customer when i give them their food, I know thank you, but I definitely feel like I will make it awkward. Also the Employer had all those things listed like mileage reimbursement and tips. Am I supposed to tell my car insurance about that really?

Any time you deliver passengers or delivering pizza or anything else, your insurance company may deny coverage in a car accident. Some employers have insurance that does cover your car. So if your employer has nothing, you should update your insurance company.

I'm not worried about the driving part

You should be.

Am I supposed to tell my car insurance about that really?

If you are using your own vehicle you MUST contact your insurer immediately and have them determine whether or not they provide delivery driver insurance. Otherwise in the event of an accident, you could be personally found to be legally liable for any property damage or bodily injury.

Most standard personal auto policies are likely to exclude liability for business use unless it's already agreed and appropriately charged for. It's also possible that your insurer might not wish to remain on the policy with this exposure not covered otherwise.

Here are some of the basics you need to know before you are hired or approach your auto insurer:

Auto insurance an important piece of the pie for pizza delivery vehicles

Last edited:
The other important fact is that delivery employees do end up with a higher percentage of car accidents but this could be that a lot of drivers are young. So don't stress so much on what to say to client, stress more about driving alert and be a driver who anticipates obstacles in driving. You should do fine because you are here asking questions, that shows you are really together.

From my experience, as mentally anguishing it is, just go for the interview and you may just find that you enjoy the work.

I have had such high anxiety, that I cannot function normally, but when I have pushed forward, sometimes, it has worked out.

Oh, how anxiety is cruel. It pounds the body and mind and vanishes as soon as what is causing it, passes.

If the customer has already paid online for their order,
it's just a case of delivering it however,

return custom and tips come from great customer service.
Warm smile, calm, friendly tone of voice, brief eye contact on greeting.

I found the great thing about delivery jobs is only having to deal with one customer at a time and spending much of my time alone.
I knew what I needed to do and could just get on with it.

Good luck with the interview :)

May I suggest Uber Eats or DoorDash?

I do Uber Eats and they provide insurance for their drivers. You set your own schedule and can work or not whenever. If you need time to relax, you have that opportunity with them while you do not with a normal pizza delivery job. These things are only available in major metro areas, so if you live in one of those areas, go for it.

New Threads

Top Bottom