• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

December Goals....

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
What are your goals for the end of the year or even next year? Mine is to try and make it to the end of this year. Try to get my drivers license and getting a job for the new year. We all made it to the end and I’m proud of all of you.

I'm proud of you, too!

I have a huge list of really specific things I want to learn, but that's about it. Same as all of the other years for me :D

I also have the goal of getting, or working towards getting, my license next year.
Also to get in shape and get a life outside the house.

For the end of this year; I want a low key christmas, I'm needing less responsibilities than I've been able to shoulder in the past. I've been prioritizing my kids for a long while now and it's time to give myself that consideration that I've extended so far their way.

I might have my two youngest son's with me for christmas (they are 25 and 18) if they want that, but otherwise, the most simple of days, enjoying nature and a picnic, is what I want. It is VERY hot here and a nice swimming hole would be my ideal Chrissy hang out.

We are going to my in laws shortly after and I have a sister in the same vicinity but I don't really think she'll be open to seeing me. She is much much younger than me and we've never been close, but, I would like to meet my niece and nephew, from what I've heard they are neurodivergent as well, likely, Aspie kids.

Next year is about helping my youngest son settle into his new, independent, life and then beginning my post child-rearing life. It's been 33 years of non stop parenting; the majority of my life, and I'm ready for some me-time.

I have guitar learning, and singer/ songwriting up the top of my to-do list. I need to get back into music, as it makes me happier than just about anything.

Year one of sobriety was about finding stability. Year two is about establishing new patterns and returning to the pursuit of dreams beyond drugs and alcohol. I am looking forward to a year of new traditions and indulging in a hopeful life once again.

Summer of 2022 I was having so much trouble getting through each day that people told me to get help.

That lead to a diagnosis of autism in January 2023. This year has mostly been about learning what autism is and how it affects me.

I've moved from being consistently low to being mostly low with a few moments of calm here and there.

I dare not make big plans. Thinking like that gets me down.

I would very much like to get the renovations in the kitchen finished by end of January so I can get tidy and organised again.

And I would like to get a little motorhome and see if living in that, away from other people (I share a house right now) will help with my mood. Now I understand that a lot of my anxiety, stress and ultimately depression is due to the way that my autistic brain handles social interaction and a changing environment, I feel like this would reduce both those problems significantly.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do next. I'm at a crossroads in life I think. I may have painted myself into a corner and then gotten stuck in a rut in that corner.

What are your goals for the end of the year or even next year? Mine is to try and make it to the end of this year. Try to get my drivers license and getting a job for the new year. We all made it to the end and I’m proud of all of you.
Pretty much a continuation of what I have been doing for years.

A series of short-term goals leading to long-term goals.

1. I have 4 sets of lecture series I am working on for (1) neonatal nurse orientation, (2) advanced practice neonatal respiratory care, and (3) advanced practice neonatal nursing, and (4) student lectures for respiratory care.
2. I have a set of policy and procedure changes to be implemented into a huge hospital system in the State of Michigan, along with educational materials and lectures for physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists.
3. I will continue to build my financial investment portfolio in preparation for my retirement.
4. Looking forward to a 2 week vacation in Scotland with my wife, sons, and their wives at the end of May 2024.

I just want to have some bloody courage for once and come out to family about the whole gender thing. It's been over a year since I had that realization and I STILL havent done it.

Masking and hiding everything about that is so incredibly draining. I'm so tired of it.

I dont really have the mental energy to come up with goals beyond that right now.

I want to make it to the end and pray for miracles in my life.
I have not coped with this year and the things thrown at me or understood it at all and very triggered and just exhausted too and needed more support and help.
Sometimes that needs to be understood.
I do not all understand how I cannot get the love I need in life and all in all very hard to understand and see light.
I have been very lonely this year and in a lot of pain.
So my goals for December are…
Keep praying and hoping for miracles because the problems with me is I am just ‘stuck’. I just do not understand and keep just wanting to try to get love any way possible and keep returning to bad habits.
Because my mind has been very uncontrollable too.
So trying to remain positive
Praying for miracles
Start autistic counseling on friday
Have a quiet week and do my Christmas art therapy
And have a low key Christmas period with a lot of rest.
I’m looking forward to going to my dad’s Christmas Day and eat and play some games if it happens it has been such a rotten year.
It would be good to remove mold from ceiling but might be too close to Christmas now.
Really….
Do the best I can, had a rough and horrible year. Quite a few personal gains but other stuff just out of control.
Happy Christmas everyone in advance.xx

New Threads

Top Bottom