• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
Just heading off to the first live meeting of our camera club since prior to Covid-19, after far too many Zoom meetings, looking forward to it... Will I remember everyone? :rolleyes:

I remember when I went to the Walmart for the first time after months of not (this being in 2020).

For the next like 4 weeks after that, I kept referring to Walmart as "Disney World" since that's basically how it felt to go there for quite awhile.

Gotta say, I have more appreciation for such stores now. Mostly.

We went to see a play in NYC. Of course proofs of vaccination and masks were required, but it was well worth it. We usually book seats on the very end of the aisle, so that I don't feel claustrophobic and packed in.

Ate at a restaurant a couple of weeks ago. No masks or proff of vaccination. Only people wearing masks was a few waitresses which was irritated but the bartender she was mask less.

Alright am I rushing myself too much? To get back to what feels like normal...

I do remember pre-Covid and all the events I went to (car shows, arts scene, various festivals, etc...), was that two years ago? :rolleyes:

Now two years later, I keep thinking of everything I've missed - which is lots! Hoping to get back to all the different events I missed, part of me (most of me) just wants to simply get back what it was, but is that even realistic?

I suspect that some ways of doing things have come and gone with Covid, and as much I have always been a routine person, going to the same festival, car show, etc... for years on end, because it has become an enjoyable part of my routine

Yet to rush head long into those things all at once could make for a tiring summer of trying to do too much, just simply because I want to catch up what I missed, when I should be gentler on myself, something I don't do well, even as spring snowfall is already playing havoc with the first real start of a car show season after two years of springtime Covid restrictions

And maybe, just maybe, I need to be more open to different experiences that come out of two years of no events (very few events), and possibly some things just won't come back anyway, simply to be replaced by other things

Just please! I don't want to be shackled to a life on Zoom, viewing events over a computer feed, please :eek: That is one change I will struggle with

I didn't so much miss things for the last two years, as much as have to postpone things that I was planning to do. Slowly approaching the courage to try them again.

Rates in my region are rising again, and most activities are hybrid or still virtual. The difficulty I am having is that in my region, people are a lot angrier than they were before (I didn't think that was possible?), so it's harder for me to be around people now. I'm not that social to begin with, so when "normal" discussions veer off to politics and other controversial subjects, I zone out or try to disengage in some way. The result is that I've lost contact with former friends and family because I guess people have changed, and I don't want to argue. But it's lonely, and my main connection is my animals, and a few online forums now.

Rates in my region are rising again, and most activities are hybrid or still virtual. The difficulty I am having is that in my region, people are a lot angrier than they were before (I didn't think that was possible?), so it's harder for me to be around people now. I'm not that social to begin with, so when "normal" discussions veer off to politics and other controversial subjects, I zone out or try to disengage in some way. The result is that I've lost contact with former friends and family because I guess people have changed, and I don't want to argue. But it's lonely, and my main connection is my animals, and a few online forums now.
I had a woman at my eye doctor's office actually start shouting at me on the phone. I hung up on her and ignored her call back. I also have had rude treatment from other medical staff members (not the doctors, thank God!)There is a lot of anger out there right now. So I hibernate with my cats.

I read today that Biden has Covid. The article said that he spoke somewhere yesterday and afterwards met with, shook hands with and talked with people. My first thought after reading about it: People are actually still shaking hands?????

I find that startling.

I am wondering how the covid situation is in other parts of the world. Does anyone have any info or interesting things to share? Are there still facemasks and social distancing rules and such some places? Are there places where it is a big problem now?

Still continual but occasional infections here. There’s a good amount of masking where I live. Probably about 30% of people still wear masks in public spaces. No restrictions on behavior or events.

(Western Massachusetts, USA)

New Threads

Top Bottom